Introduce Yourself...

Chat about anything
a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

Introduce Yourself...

#1 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 pm

--------
Welcome from AYBG
--------
Hi!
Welcome to FMUK! The fact that you're visiting this thread shows that you are willing to participate - thank you!
Please post a reply on this thread to tell us a little about yourself. If you can't decide what to put or if you're shy, here are a few things we'd love to know... Where are you from? What type of film do you like? How did you find us?

--------
Original post by a_person is below
--------
That was a thread I think Beate created on FMUK and it had a really nice welcome message so Beate if it was you who created that post and you can remember the post from a few years ago please write it again! :rofl:

Below is what AYBG sends you in your welcome message (in addition to what he has written above), so please introduce yourself answering any of the questions written that he's asked above or below (or anything you feel comfortable with in introducing yourself!).
AYBG wrote:The best place to make your first post is on the Introduce Yourself thread. We'd love to know anything about you! Where are you from? How did you find the site? Have you seen any free previews before?
A typical message might be "Hi, I'm a_person, I'm :blahblah: years old, love movies and live in :blahblah:. The first movie I've seen is Taken and it's brilliant! My favourite genre is :blahblah: . I work as a :blahblah: and look forward to becoming part of the community here! " And feel free to :blahblah: :blahblah: away!

:welcome2: to all the newbies (you'll be oldbies soon!) who read this and hope you enjoy your time here! :beer:
Last edited by a_person on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Introduce yourself

#2 Post by Beate » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:32 pm

I preferred you as tommy!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#3 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:33 pm

oh and I guess I should introduce myself.

I'm not a new user - I just have a new username!

Previously "Tommy" on the old website, I am just a_person now. :mrgreen:

So if I have been messaging you in the old site, I may message you again but just so you know its the old "tommy" messaging! :P

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#4 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Beate wrote:I preferred you as tommy!
tommy sounds boyyyyisshh! You can still call me tommy if you like! :lol:

Preferred cinema list:

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

Re: Introduce Yourself

#5 Post by andrews » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:23 pm

For some time, I thought you were a boy. Then I got used to you being a girl, now I've got to get used to you being a_person. :lol:
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#6 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 pm

andrews wrote:For some time, I thought you were a boy. Then I got used to you being a girl, now I've got to get used to you being a_person. :lol:
Hahahahaha! ROFL!

Preferred cinema list:

MissPrecious

#7 Post by MissPrecious » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Preferred you as tommy as well. a_person will take a little getting used to!

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#8 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 pm

MissPrecious wrote:Preferred you as tommy as well. a_person will take a little getting used to!
Don't worry, in time you will all get used to it...by that time I will be in my mid life crisis and will change my name again and you'll all say you prefer a_person! :lol:

Preferred cinema list:

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#9 Post by valda » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:53 am

Hello a relatively new person here, totally confused as to what happened or what I should do! anyway glad the site is back, now to try and build up my post count again
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

PeteYork
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 355

#10 Post by PeteYork » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Hello, my name is PeteYork and I'm a filmaholic!!!! ;)

Thanks to everyone for getting the new site working. o/
I once went hiking with M. C. Escher. It was uphill all the way there and uphill all the way back.