Finding more free films ? - Not being invited by Seetickets/SFF

Chat about anything
happyman
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

Finding more free films ? - Not being invited by Seetickets/SFF

#1 Post by happyman » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:52 pm

I'm registered on here as well as with Seetickets and SFF.

I very rarely get invites directly from these companies, but I often see on here and other websites people posting links for free films that I haven't been invited to.

How do others find out about these ? - Is there somewhere else to check (some other websites) or do they just not invite everyone ?

Any ideas on what I can do to increase my chances of receiving invites ?

Thanks in advance

choti
Air Force One
Air Force One

Re: Finding more free films ? - Not being invited by Seetickets/SFF

#2 Post by choti » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:47 pm

I get some but not as many as I used to but assumed that not many are out still. Can't help you I'm afraid.

happyman
Air Force One
Air Force One

#3 Post by happyman » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I just see some posted on here sometimes near to where I am, but I haven't been notified by the official websites - even though I'm registered with them.

It all seems very random.

steve9872
SuperMember
SuperMember
Old post count: 456

#4 Post by steve9872 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:02 am

This question has a rather involved answer which I will simplify for you.

The main use of free screenings - outside of promoting the films themselves - is to promote the various sponsers wanting to add their names to the movies. This is mostly various newspapers, magazines and sky movies. Sometimes its a company like Marks and Spencer through their member magazine.

Basically, there are regular promoters who require you to subscribe to their services to access the sff code - they can be really strict about this by requiring you to start on their webpage before sff lets you see the booking page - and others who don't care so much and you can go straight to sff with a code. The strictest is sky - you can only book through the sky app on your phone and you can only log into that if you are a subscriber of their services.

Many sites have competition pages or freebie pages and that's where we mostly find new codes. Its just a matter of keeping an eye on various sites who regularly give away codes for movies. Even google can help you look, if you know what to search for, and not to search for.
Member number 13 of the 100 free films in 2019 club. o/
My more realistic target is 80 :tears:
20 seen so far, Páid for 0
Movie list 2019
29 seen 2018 :X
53 seen 2017 :nono:
61 seen 2016 :tears:
86 seen 2015 8-)
71 seen 2014 :tears:
90 seen 2013 8-)
77 seen 2012 8-)
69 seen 2011 8-)
60 seen 2010 8-)

Looking forward to in 2019: (Jan) Glass (Feb) (mar) Captain Marvel, (apr) Avengers: Endgame ,(May) (jun) Dark Phoenix, MIB: International (Jul) (aug) The new mutants, (sep) (oct) (nov) Kingsman 3 (dec)