Chat about anything
misseypootle
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Sheffield Cineworld Sheffield Vue

Re: Weight Watchers

#61 Post by misseypootle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 pm

porridge for breakfast is excellent at keeping you full especially now the weather is turning colder. You could add some fruit on top like a banana or peaches. yummy
Member Number 36 of the 100 free films in 2011 club 49 seen 51 to go

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#62 Post by priamia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm

I b*ght some porridge yesterday and am hoping that my first batch (which I'll make over the weekend) will not turn out to be one stiff horrid mess. Quite like porridge really, but need to add something to it to make it tastier.

Am gonna have a ham, edam and salad sandwich - is that good?? I know the cheese is the bad part, but it is literally one slice and I will be doing Step later today.
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham

Hammers80

#63 Post by Hammers80 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:46 pm

You should add some fruit to it. If I have porridge i add the frozen fruit from the supermarket to it (tasty and pretty cheap).

Or, alternatively, you should try porridge oats (as a cereal not made into traditional porrdige) with fruit and yoghurt.

The reason either of these breakfasts are so good is that it takes longer for your body to break them down and so means you feel full for longer.

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 65
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.
I have tickets for: Made in Dagenham
I haven't got tickets for: The Town; Despicable Me

#64 Post by Demerara » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:42 pm

Ms Thrifty wrote:
Demerara wrote: Just a few days back my sisters showed me old pics of mine as an eye opener as to how much weight I've put on over the last 4-5 years.
Wow, I don't think I'd dare do that! My sister is - ahem - quite large - but I never mention the subject, even obliquely, unless she does, and then I only say something neutral, unless she says something positive, such as that she's lost some weight or taken some exercise, in which case, of course, I try to encourage her.
Lol that's quite tame compared to some of the stuff I've been told by relatives!!! Just a few weeks ago my GRANDMA told me I should wear control underwear !!!!! :rofl:

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.

#65 Post by Demerara » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:45 pm

anakin wrote:Priamia, I think you need to do what your avataris doing... I think I lost weight just watching it! (Can you imagine if that actually worked?!)

And good luck for your March target! Think portion size is also my major issue - plates we got for wedding are massive, which doesn't help...
I'm good at recalling useless stuff like this but a couple of years ago I read in a psychology magazine that people who actually watch videos do burn some calories ... how many videos are equivalent to a good workout they didnt say :p

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV

#66 Post by Demerara » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 pm

OK on a more serious note, my sis was a chubby baby and was very overweight till she got around 16-17. Her willpower is such that she lost weight on her own and has never put back the kilos ever since!!!! I wish I had even a fraction of her willpower... Anyway, I told her today that I'm going to stick to her eating plan. She eats fruits, weetabix with yoghurt or milk for breakfast. She is quite flexible on the other meals but avoids carbs. Seems to work for her!!

omgholly
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Hatfield, Stevenage, Watford

#67 Post by omgholly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Sugarfree jelly is a fantastic snack and it's practically free :)

Ms Thrifty

#68 Post by Ms Thrifty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 am

German women's magazine "Brigitte" is to stop using ultra-thin models and start featuring "normal" women alongside professionals - and to p*y them the same! Some commentators say this is a marketing ploy; others applaud it as a step in the right direction. I'm all for images of real women, but there needs to be a variety and it could be commercial suicide. The "Guardian's" weekend magazine has already been using women of a variety of ages for its shoots, but some of the clothes in which they dress the older women are hideous and so unflattering.

BettyBoop

#69 Post by BettyBoop » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 am

Hammers80 wrote:You should add some fruit to it. If I have porridge i add the frozen fruit from the supermarket to it (tasty and pretty cheap).

Or, alternatively, you should try porridge oats (as a cereal not made into traditional porrdige) with fruit and yoghurt.

The reason either of these breakfasts are so good is that it takes longer for your body to break them down and so means you feel full for longer.

i think you have to have some calcuim/fat in your diet to lose weight...so as long as its one slice i cant see it doing any harm!

biggins
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 66
Preferred Cinemas: Any in Edinburgh

#70 Post by biggins » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Hubby and I are having Scott's porage Oats breakfast. How long do you think it will take for him to look like the guy on the front of the box. :rolleyes:

Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2020" club 1 seen 99 to go.
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2019" club 10 seen .
Member no. 23 of the "100 free film Club" 57 seen 2010.