Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

Chat about anything
prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

Re: Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

#6301 Post by prettyxcool » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 am

I won tickets to see Everybody's Talking About Jamie. It's been a long time since I have enjoyed a musical. This is brilliant, a really entertaining show about a teenager wanting to wear girl's clothes, based on a true story. John McCrae is perfect as Jamie. All the supporting cast is very good too. Great voices, especially Lucie Shorthouse, as Pritti, Jamie's Muslim best friend, the songs and ballads are lovely too. It's very witty, inspiring, funny and sweet. A truly feelgood show.
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

orchid123
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#6302 Post by orchid123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 pm

that sounds like a really good musical. Thanks for the recommendation ! I'd like to go and see that too.

orchid123
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#6303 Post by orchid123 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 pm

I'd love to see the Aladdin musical. Hope that comes up
Ok sff or weticketit!

CtheG84
Air Force One
Air Force One

#6304 Post by CtheG84 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:30 pm

For you theatre lovers sign up to central tickets. They are a seat filling company. Of late I have seen an Icelandic Dance performance for £5 at the Royal Festival Hall, The Quentin Dentin Show at Tristan Bates Theatre for £5. Toxic Avenger at Arts Theatre for £5, Fanny & Alexander at The Old Vic for £5, Ruthless the Musical for £6 alongside a night at The Great Gatsby free of charge. Worth a try to sign up - I browse the various offers daily, they e-mail you new arrivals too.

mupton
The Third Man
The Third Man

#6305 Post by mupton » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:02 am

orchid123 wrote:I would like really tickets to shows at Fairfields hall to come up !!
Closed for a major refurbishment, the complex is due to reopen in phases from November 2018.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#6306 Post by raj101 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Cirque Berserk - family show, very very good. Noone was cheering the acrobat girls, the men got all the cheers - even the clowns got more cheers! - not sure why that was. Its a great family show.

Trainspotting Live - not for the feint hearted! The whole idea of the "long stage" worked well, making it literally in your face (think about the original movie, and think about that "in your face"... ummm yep!). But the trick burned out towards the end, good thing it wasnt a long show, but it was crazy while it lasted.

Kathleen Turner: Finding My Voice - umm she cant sing very well lol! true fact, her voice is still husky. But her cabaret of anecdotes about the film industry are fantastic. And its awesome to have a hollywood star perform ten feet away from you... for free! It feels a bit wierd when Kat stares directly at you hitting a certain note.. Serial Mom! lol
One worry, shes late middle aged now, and was gasping for air between some songs - I hope this tour is kind to her health.

All or Nothing, the Mod Musical - easy to follow linear plot and great songs. You'll feel you are in the 60s (again for some if you are actually in your 60s).

Mood Music - this was ok but I couldnt get excited about it. Was it just me or did I see all the lines and jokes coming a mile off, I dont get why people guffaw at them when they MUST know whats coming surely? Wierd. Never seem to see anything really good at the Old Vic, and it doesnt help now with Spacey attached to it. well acted though, I'll give you that...but meh again.

Young Frankenstein - a bit "carry on" but really funny.

Suicide the Musical - this didnt really work for me, I'm afraid, though it was clever and deserved some respect for the workrate of the actor.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#6307 Post by raj101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:18 am

The recent "World" cycling revival at Herne Hill last week wasnt a bad event in itself, but if I had to p*y the full price for the tickets then I would have found it pretty shallow for the price. £40 for 2 bands, some crappy races, vastly overpriced stalls plus a small museum. No wonder the tickets didnt sell. It did at least have a unique feel, and it was pleasant enough for the morning, but it wasnt long before I escaped to the (free) Crystal Palace Overground Festival down the road, which was very well organised by comparison.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

Sherry
Air Force One
Air Force One

#6308 Post by Sherry » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:09 pm

CtheG84 wrote:For you theatre lovers sign up to central tickets. They are a seat filling company
Thanks for the info! I'm signing up now. Been spending a pretty penny going to shows this year and don't think my partner is very happy. Started going by myself to halve the ticket costs :(

CtheG84
Air Force One
Air Force One

#6309 Post by CtheG84 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Sherry wrote:
CtheG84 wrote:For you theatre lovers sign up to central tickets. They are a seat filling company
Thanks for the info! I'm signing up now. Been spending a pretty penny going to shows this year and don't think my partner is very happy. Started going by myself to halve the ticket costs :(

Have you managed to get yourself anything of late?

I go by myself and managed to catch a rush ticket to Spamilton last week but caught A Monster Calls the week before.

Sherry
Air Force One
Air Force One

#6310 Post by Sherry » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Yes! It's been great. The main problem has actually been figuring out which ones to go to. I loved The Three Musketeers - shows at St. Paul's church seems to be generally well done, interactive, and fun. I also went to One Last Look, which was very intense in a good way.