Free Movies UK

DO NOT CHAT ON FREE FILMS. DO NOT CHAT ON FREE FILMS. DO NOT CHAT ON FREE FILMS.
It is currently 23 Mar 2019, 04:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Customise!
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 16:00 
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

Members can now customise many aspects of the forum!
Here, we offer every member, whether newly registered or veteran, the opportunity to personalise the board how you want, whenever you want. Here's a taste of what you can do:

Choose your own template!

We have two templates for you to choose from! Note that every page within the forum will be affected for you by your choice! Well, I did say you could change loads! Some users may prefer to have a simple-looking board which runs fast, others will want a sleeker, better-looking board which might perhaps run a little slower, depending on your internet speeds.

The default was chosen to be both fast-running, as well as look pretty good, and it should look something like this:

Here's the fun part! You have the following options, in addition to the default!

^Prosilver is more stylish, and is the most popular PHPBB3 style there is.

To change your template, click 'User Control Panel', click 'Board Preferences', and you'll see the drop-down menu for 'Board Style' - pick the one that you want to try out!

Post subject: Re: Customise!
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 16:01 
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

Most boards offer the ability to use avatars and sigs, and we're no different!
An avatar is a small image that appears underneath your username throughout the forum. A signature appears under your posts.

^An avatar and a sig.

Get an avatar by going to the User Control Panel, then 'Profile', then 'Edit Avatar'. From here you can upload an avatar straight from your hard drive, or use an existing avatar from the internet. Please keep avatars reasonably small - the current limit is 120x120 pixels.

Sigs can be a limited amount of text, or a reasonably-sized image - or both!
To get to your sig controls go to the UCP, then 'Profile, then 'Edit Signature'.
Here you can type text as you usually would, or use the following BBCode to insert an image:

Code:
[img]url of target image[/img]

Tips for Avatar and Sig Use
    Avatars and Sigs affect the way people think about you. No, really. It may shock you to learn that in fact, I am not actually a bomb!!

Get creative! It's great to see a custom-made sig or avatar!

If I have made a sig image myself, how do I get it online? I recommend Photobucket. Then you can put it as your sig the same way you can do so for any other internet image (see above).

Post subject: Re: Customise!
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 16:16 
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

So, as you may have guessed by now, your home for customisation is the

User Control Panel

Let's have a look at more of its functions for personalising your forum.

The UCP may look daunting at first, but once you get to know it and remember to love it occasionally (!), you'll get the most out of it, and your forum experience.

Manage Subscriptions - throughout the board you can subscribe to threads and boards, thereby you'll be notified of new posts in said thread/board.

Profile - lets you change the stuff people see on you, as well as allowing you to change your password and registered email address.

Board Preferences - the home of customisation! Set permissions for other users and mods,as well as settings for Private Messaging, Board Style (yay!), language, timezone, etc. Plus there's posting defaults (like whether your signature should be automatically put at the end of posts or not) and display options (unless you don't want to see sigs and avatars I recommend staying away from these options).

Private Messaging - its basically a mini-email system within the site. Most forums have it.

Friends and Foes - I really don't get why phpbb3 has this function, it's not really at all useful. But you can keep a track of who you like and auto-ignore those you don't, and can select either group to send a mass PM to them all. Y'know, if you were so inclined.

And that's it I think! There's plenty to customise so what are you waiting for!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]