The Amazing Spider-Man

Discuss movies (including free films)
Lindseytonge

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

#101 Post by Lindseytonge » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Top film! 10/10... Plus love Emma Stone! Worth a watch! :-)

99h13
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#102 Post by 99h13 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Ive just got out! (Didsbury, Manchester) All I can say WOW! I originally thought when I seen the first trailer HOW CAN THEY REMAKE SPIDERMAN AGAIN?!?! and I was totally going to boycott the whole thing, Until some complementary tickets came up last week, so I thought ok ill go, after all its free! (Thanks FMUK/Showfilmfirst) And it was amazing Marc Webb (Director) and all the writers did a fantastic job, They made once an amazing film at least 80% better! I cant wait to go again when its released!
Dad you were like a father to me...
Due Date

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#103 Post by Beate » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Man, we got there at about 6.05 or 6.10 and the queue for the balcony was a mile long already! Luckily a few FMUKers were at the front so we joined them and got the seats we wanted.

The red carpet was boring, and is there no getting rid of bloody Alex Zane? He is always there! I've got a bit of a girl-crush on Emma Stone so it was nice seeing her there but other than that it was a loooong wait. It didn't start until 7.40pm and there were ushers and security everywhere making sure no seat got left empty and that we were all behaving. We had to hand our phones over, and there was a guy with night goggles.

The film was brilliant. The 3D didn't really kick it for me, there was only maybe one scene in which Spiderman was flying towards the screen where I actively noticed it, but the action was great. Andrew Garfield is quite good as the troubled Peter Parker giving us his journey from meek but nice to powerful and arrogant to superhero - I actually disliked him in the middle.

Can someone tell me what Peter whispered to Gwen in the last scene in the classroom? And I half-missed the after-credits scene because I was running to the loo. Something about Dr Connors in prison asking someone whether he told Peter who his father was or something? Can someone clarify please?

9/10
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

99h13
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#104 Post by 99h13 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 pm

steve wrote:Excellent. Best spidey movie yet and Emma Stone was in it, bonus
Wow SEXY!! Even my girlfriend says she's HOT!
Dad you were like a father to me...
Due Date

tsoiboy
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#105 Post by tsoiboy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Saw this tonight at O2 Greenwich to a packed house. Got there at 18:00 for a change and managed to get the pick of the seats for a change. The film did start 20 minutes late after the London premiere show. By the time the film started I had been in my seat for nearly 1.5 hrs and my backside was starting to ache. I thought I was not going to be able to concentrate on the film.

Well, I had no real expectations for the film and dreaded the idea of explaining and emphasising on Peter Parker's father. This was the mentioned at the preview earlier this year and I groaned when I heard this. Fortunately it did not dwell too much on this issue and was fairly true to the original story.

This was a great film and nicely tucked in between Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises in the summer scheduling. The script was good which made Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker more consistant and likeable than Toby Macguire's. The lack of "The Daily Bugle" in the film did not hinder it as well. The CGI was done really well and allayed all my fears after seeing the 15min preview earlier this year where it was still unfinished. It seems the time in post production was spent well. The action worked really well and showed off Spiderman's athleticism and ability. The web cartridges were a nice touch and more true to the comics.

Rhys Ifans was ok but his Reptilian alter ego The Lizard was excellent. As for his motivation I felt it was a bit patchy. Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy was believable. The whole film worked. Marc Webb did a good job directing an action film with lots of CGI and a lower budget than the Sam Raimi Spiderman Pictures. I was a little suspicious on whether he would pull it off after he had only directed the excellent '500 Days of Summer' which is a totally different genre of film.

Dare I say it but I enjoyed this film over the Sam Raimi Spiderman films which I still enjoyed except for Spiderman 3.

A surprising 9/10
Member No. 42 of the 100 Free Films in 2014 Club 10 Films seen for free in 2014

My reviews:- http://londonfilmfan.blogspot.co.uk

124 Films seen for free in 2013

92 Films seen for free in 2012

22 Films seen for free in 2011

Have tickets for

Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays, O2 Cineworld, Islington Vue, Any Central London Cinema, Surrey Quays, Westfield Stratford Vue, Stratford East Picture House, Greenwich Picture House, Greenwich Odeon, Holloway Odeon

My Movie Scores for 2014 :Click here

My Movie Scores for 2013 :Click here

My Movie Scores for 2012 :Click Here

Shinbone125
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#106 Post by Shinbone125 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

All I can say is move over avenger and batman, the real super-hero movie is here. 10/10
Last edited by Shinbone125 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celini
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Any central London locations, Islington, Holloway (plus Hackney, Clapham and Greenwich on weekends)

#107 Post by Celini » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

@beate: when the teacher tells him "don't make promises that you can't hold", he says something along the lines "those are the best/more exciting"
My 2014 Unlimited Films: 11/100

elski
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 1223

#108 Post by elski » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Beate wrote:
Can someone tell me what Peter whispered to Gwen in the last scene in the classroom?
the teacher made a comment about [spoiler]"don't make promises you can't keep" and he muttered something about 'those are the best ones' or something along those lines which Gwen understood as a message for her[/spoiler]

I agree about Alex Zane, he has a talent for making things dull. He wasn't quite as bad as the Life in a Day interviews although for that at least we had the entertainment of the tweets being shown along the bottom, they always add some fun to the proceeedings.
Last edited by elski on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Member No. 25 of the "100 free films in 2017" club! 195 films seen!!
List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 10#p386907

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member No. 25 of the "100 free films in 2016" club! 170 seen!
List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 59#p375395
2015 -210 films seen! List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p354785
2014 - 178 films seen! List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p321617
2013 - 104 films seen!
2012 - 103 films seen
2011 - 110 films seen
2010 - 82 films seen
2009 - 72 films seen
2008 - 41 films seen

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

#109 Post by canadian_turtle » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Such an apt title for this film, it's AMAZING! Easily one of my favourites this year. I can't believe when I looked at the time afterwards and saw it lasted for well over 2 hours, it didn't feel like that all (I could happily swoon over the adorable Andrew Garfield for a lot longer than that).

I am normally not a superhero fan as I think they're over the top and ridiculous. And while the bad guy was just that in this film (though I did love his human counterpart, he wasn't all bad it was more a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde scenario), the hero was anything but. He was very human, normal and relatable (and awkward and did I mention adorable?) and I really fell for him. He looked mighty fine in the suit too *swoon*

Also very pleased that [spoiler]Gwen knows who he is. I hate it when the superhero has no one to share his alter ego with. Though her father finding out as well did make it obvious he was sadly going to die.[/spoiler]
Bring on the next one!

10/10

Also, I liked the 3D in this one for once. Not so much when it came to scenes with spiders (argh) but the web shooting out of his hand, camera panning over high buildings, etc. worked very well. The new 3D glasses that looked wonky at first (with one dark/blurry glass) were excellent.

Also (last edit before I go to bed - promise) we had a perfect audience around us today! So quiet and unmoving! Guy next to me flipped out when [spoiler]Stan Lee came on screen, he was pointing and having a fangasm[/spoiler], but that was it on the sound front (and it didn't bother me either).
:star: www.pagetostagereviews.com :star:

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#110 Post by Beate » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Btw, just out of interest, why was someone bringing a dog walking on its hindlegs to the premiere and was it famous?
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen