3%
The Shining
11%

Total votes: 36

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

Re: What is your favourite horror film?

#11 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:15 pm

I love Andrews top 10 but may I take the liberty of listing my own top ten here? ;) I voted psycho and Alien. Not my absolute favs but they are in my top 10.

1 The Omen (gave me endless nightmares when I was a kid - and the deaths are so inventive, even Final Destination cant compete.

2. Salem's Lot - (come on, who doesnt freak out when that little boy knocks on the bedroom window?)

3. Sixth Sense - (After watching this in the cinema, I departed from my friends and walked home alone. I felt uneasy and like an idiot bolted it home)

4. Juon (Cant beat the Japanese to scare the hell out of me)

5. Ringu (Its the Japanese again, so scary I need counselling)

6. The Eye (I think this was Korean. Pretty damn frightening and entertaining)

7. Psycho - (Eek eek. I love the way the film throws you a long exposition which turns out be a red herring!)

8. Alien - (The whole atmosphere freaks me out without anything actually happening!)

9. American Werewolf in London - (Greatest horror comedy ever. Sean of the Dead and Scream come close though)

10. John Carpenter's The Thing (on par with Alien, classic moments in this one)

Damn there's so many more...but I'll stop at ten :-)
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#12 Post by superhero » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm

I voted for A Nightmare on Elm Street because thats the one that sticks to my mind, as it was one of the first horror film I ever saw, so the various scenes are very vivid in my mind and at the time, I was a little scared to fall asleep.
However, I would have voted for The Skeleton Key. It's one of the best horrors ever and it's rarely mentioned in any lists or by anyone, but it's a brilliant horror film.

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en

#13 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:11 am

superhero wrote: However, I would have voted for The Skeleton Key. It's one of the best horrors ever and it's rarely mentioned in any lists or by anyone, but it's a brilliant horror film.
Skeleton Key had a very clever ending (not giving anything away), it wasnt well received critically but I'd recommend it too.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.

anastasia

#14 Post by anastasia » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:08 pm

I voted for Dawn of the Dead and Alien. Dawn is one of my all time favourite films. Love most horrors. At the moment I'm really into the Saw films, so I'm looking forward to the next of those.

Japanese horror films tend to be the creepiest. Don't know why, but they can really creep me out.

A lot of the more recent horrors are good beause they're so bad. I can't remember watching a recent horror that made me feel scared. I've seen so many though that I guess I've become desensitised?

I think we need a good, scary vampire film to come out. Love vampires.

sarahjc78

#15 Post by sarahjc78 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:27 pm

bevvy wrote:I've voted for Dawn of the Dead but my favourite one is not on the list - from Dusk till Dawn
which is really over the top (which I love) and also stars the fabulous Mr Clooney!
Just received Dusk til Dawn special edition DVD in the post... think I'll be have a night with Mr Clooney, a bowl of popcorn and the puppy this week. o/

Oh and the Grudge 1 scared the hell out of me.... still not sure I could watch it in the dark.... and to top it off my boyfriends snoring now sounds like the woman who had her jaw ripped off!

bubblez
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 246
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Wimbledon, Vue White City/Shepherds Bush,Cineworld Wandsworth, Odeon Kingston, Central London

#16 Post by bubblez » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:42 pm

andrews wrote:I hate horror films. I absolutely hate them. As a child, I hid behind the settee when Dr Who was on. I have too vivid an imagination and am frightened to death by horror films. That said, I did see The Mist last year, and a thriller called
I'm like you! I hate horror films because I over think about it in my head eventhough I know it's not real (I hope not lolz)....My BF tricked me into watching The Mist, he was like "dear it's just some stupid rubber costumes" and he was laughing and then he was bit disgusted on certain parts because it was GROSS and SCARY...! The ending was very sad that I cried so I hated the film loads....

Anyways....I don't have a favourite but out of your list, I have seen a few and I think Exorcist was scary only because of that one scene when the girl is possessed Image, Dusk Til Dawn it was scary when I was 10 years old but vampires are OKAY (kinda), The Haunting I think it was a stupid film because I remember watching this with my friends so I braved it a bit :cool: and there were some funny stupid bits.......
TheyCallMeMrGlass wrote: 5. Ringu (Its the Japanese again, so scary I need counselling)
6. The Eye (I think this was Korean. Pretty damn frightening and entertaining)
The Eye is korean and I remember my mum wanted me to watch this with her but she used "cooking dinner" as an excuse to get away so I managed to watch this on my own and EEEEEKZ it's gross and eerie...little bit confusing too

Ringu...I didn't watch the english version of this since I knew it was scary....I really didn't like this because anything with kids and horror makes it more EEK and I was scared to watch TV on my own for a bit lolz

A classic horror film for me as a kid was The Candy Man.... :oops:

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en

#17 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm

bubblez wrote:
A classic horror film for me as a kid was The Candy Man.... :oops:
Hey I dug that film too ;) I assume you mean Candyman where if you say his name 5 times, he will come, ie candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman....uh nope wont say it!

AnneJ

#18 Post by AnneJ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 pm

I can't stand horror films I'm too much of a scared cat!!!! (don't think thats spelt right, but can't think how to spell it!!!) I watched Candyman when I was about 12, I was too scared to look in the mirror for months afterwards in case he appeared!! I haven't seen any horror films since!! 8O :crying:

tufty
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 85
Preferred Cinemas: LONDON: ISLINGTON, N FINCHLEY, WEST END, COVENT GARDEN, PANTON ST, PICCADILLY,GREENWICH O2

#19 Post by tufty » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 pm

I love Horror films, I voted for Nightmare on Elm Street, however some of my favorites were not on the list, so in no particular order here they are;
Friday the 13th, Final Destination, The Hitcher, The Omen, Carrie, Poltergeist, Scream, Misery, Sixth Sense and Carrie and I have probably forgotten lots!
Member No. 42 of the "100 free films in 2011" 16 seen 84 to go.

Member No. 42 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 51 seen.

elmqueen

#20 Post by elmqueen » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:31 pm

The original Halloween is the best horror film...ever! Michael Myers is one scary guy! He terrified me as a child and still does now.

Other Horrors i love are Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Descent and House of Wax