Red Dawn

Discuss movies (including free films)
asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

Red Dawn

#1 Post by asamaic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Couldn't spot a thread for this. What did you all think?

I couldn't spot valda (boo!) but it was lovely to see pxc, Greece and Livi92, as well as a few new faces. Ritamistry is my new comping idol. o/

My favourite scene was:

[spoiler]When they went mad in Subways. Loved the camera shot of the bucket of Pepsi jiggling along. Just daft.[/spoiler]

Very OTT and ridiculous. But, I did want to keep watching and I enjoyed it more than The Paperboy. So bad it was good.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

Red Dawn

#2 Post by prettyxcool » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 pm

We arrived at 5.55pm at the CFC Framestore and was greeted with soft drinks (apple/orange juices, coke) and water. There were also a few plates of crisps and popcorn. I loved the seats here at the Framestore, as they are are so comfy, and they seemed not be so strict about no drinks in the screening room this time, noticed people brought not one but two drinks in!

It must be the chilly cold tonight, as the screening was half full.

The most over the top, far fetched story I have ever seen, but I did enjoy it, it was thrilling and idiotic at the same time, and hilarious, don't take it seriously. Especially loved Chris Hemsworth *swoon* 8/10

It was lovely to meet livi92 and greece at last, and lovely to see ritamistry and asamaic. I think our row laughed the loudest!
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

Re: Red Dawn

#3 Post by asamaic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:04 pm

First time I'd been to the CFC Framestore. What a great little screening room, super comfy seats and graduated too (unlike some of the hotel screening rooms like the Courthouse one).

Wasn't that full, but I think they announced some winners quite late on, so it was to be expected.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

greece

#4 Post by greece » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:48 am

It was so nice to meet some more of the lovely Fmukers like prettyxcool and ritamistry ^.^
livi92 and I were a bit late(my fault) but we made it and I have to admit that I quite enjoyed the movie, I actually thought that it was going to be as bad as the comedown or the paper boy but it wasn't, at least I got to laugh and didn't feel like leaving at all, Chris H. Was really good :P I realllllly enjoyed watching him :P the other actors felt really squary and sometimes they felt a bit robotic meaning they actually felt as if they were reading the script... Anyway this movie gets a 6.5/10

Livi92
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Vue Islington, Covent Garden Odeon, Tott Court Rd Odeon, Haymarket, Shaftesbury Avenue
I have tickets for: Star trek, The Liability

#5 Post by Livi92 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 am

Smashing venue. Greeted, despite arriving late, with popcorn and a soft drink and had no problems taking them inside the screening room. Very comfy seats, with plenty of leg room.

Lovely to see so many fmukers there, and to finally meet prettyxcool and ritamistry. :D

Film was action-packed. Bit far-fetched and unrealistic, but I enjoyed it all the same. Chris Hemsworth was yummy as expected, and played a good role. Some of the other actors came across a bit wooden and even less believable in an already far-fetched scenario.
Thought the film was problem one for teenage boys, as it reminded me a lot of Call of Duty.

Overall 7/10
Member No.59 of the "100 free films in 2013" club! 42 films seen, 58 to go

Cinemas in order of preference: Islington, Hackney, Holloway, Covent Garden, West End, Shaftesbury Avenue, Soho, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, O2, Swiss Cottage, Finchley Road, Shepherd's Bush, Whiteleys, Notting Hill Stratford