Discuss movies (including free films)
raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

Robin Hood

#1 Post by raj101 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:05 pm

probably only should see this if you are a diehard Hood fan, its straight to video material.

Theres not one person trying to do there job right in this movie from the actors to scriptwriters to costume design. Even the usually dependable Jamie Foxx's has an accent that traverses 3 transatlantic continents throughout. Modern clothes in a historical film, Nottingham that looks like its in the Peak District, a plethora of brown skinned actors as people living in english villages - where does on start when the fails are so epic as this.

All the many real people who were robin hoods throughout history will be turning in their graves. Thats aside I enjoyed it enough as a fan to give it 2.5 stars, but its really a 2.

Someone nearly kindly gave me a free ticket they didnt want at the payment desk, how kind.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

helenecolin
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: BFI IMAX, Odeon Leicester Square, Odeon Swiss Cottage

Re: Robin Hood

#2 Post by helenecolin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 am

I'm a diehard Robin Hood fan, but I agree with you, while the trailer made me looking forward to seeing it, the actual film didn't impress me much... It's not bad, but based on the trailer I think I was expecting a lot more...