Morning Glory

Discuss movies (including free films)
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

Re: Morning Glory

#81 Post by Preston1990 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Anyone who compared Spanner's and my own reviews of "It's Kind of a Funny Story" will know that we do not always see eye to eye when assessing the quality of the films we see. :p That's cool, everyone has different tastes! o/

So anyhow, it was with some surprise that on this occasion I found myself agreeing with her about Morning Glory. :D

Well......., I say agreeing, but not as in "totally and entirely" with everything she said. Obviously some of her comments are quite wacky ;) but I couldn't fault her on the following:
Spanner wrote:And my hasn't she got a lovely arse?
Oh absolutely!....mmmm.. :oops: ....but err...on a more serious note....

For me the film was pretty good, light hearted and amusingly entertaining fare. I found Rachel McAdams' "kookiness" (as others have described it) to be quite appealing and I thought Mr Ford gave a good performance as the grumpy and world wearied news anchorman.

It's very watchable and I'd give the film 7.5 out of 10. o/
Last edited by Preston1990 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legs

#82 Post by Legs » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Not quite as good as I was expecting. The kind of film I'd find OK for a Friday night in but not p*y to see in the cinema. I'd give a 5 out of 10.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#83 Post by Beate » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 pm

:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

jmbblue
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Gateshead, Boldon,Durham, Hartlepool, Sunderland, Middlesborough,Stockton
I have tickets for: Hot Tub Time Machine

#84 Post by jmbblue » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:53 am

I agree with several reviewers that this was a tad slow to start with but then the laughs kept coming. Not the deepest of plot lines but nevertheless a heartwarming evening of lighthearted viewing - with good acting, a happy ending and just what you need after a hard days work. A total contrast to Rabbit Hole which I saw earlier in the week. It's nice to leave the cinema with a little smile on your face. 7 1/2 out of 10.
jmbblue

zxcii
Air Force One
Air Force One

#85 Post by zxcii » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

this looks like it's going to be a good film, but i'm a little worried that the best bits may have been shown on the trailer :S i think i'd still go watch it even though I didn't get any free tix to it! XD

hottips
The Third Man
The Third Man

#86 Post by hottips » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Spanner wrote:And my hasn't she got a lovely arse?

Oh absolutely!....mmmm.. :oops: ....but err...on a more serious note....

For me the film was pretty good, light hearted and amusingly entertaining fare. I found Rachel McAdams' "kookiness" (as others have described it) to be quite appealing and I thought Mr Ford gave a good performance as the grumpy and world wearied news anchorman.

o/
I have to agree with the above, it was enjoyable, we laughed - my son laughed very hard indeed. Very light humour - would be happy to watch this at home on a dvd
5.5/10 from us

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#87 Post by andrews » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:01 pm

I saw this on Thursday night at the Odeon, MetroCentre. Like several other members, I thought it took a little while to get going, but there were some really good laugh-out loud moments, and I enjoyed the film on the whole. It was much better than I expected, and MUCH funnier than The Dilemma.

Possibly 8/10 from me. (Might revise that later)
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

zxcii
Air Force One
Air Force One

#88 Post by zxcii » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 pm

I watched this film today, it was actually quite funny! :)

Lindseytonge

#89 Post by Lindseytonge » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Really enjoyed the film... Gd feel god movie.. 6/10

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#90 Post by raj101 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

fun with Ford again.

lots of funny scenes in this effervescent comedy. I do like Rach McA but its odd that she was a bitch to begin with yet never really made up for it...so it was hard to like her kooky character after that early sacking scene..wish i'd never seen that and she'd be easier to accept! she didnt seem like she was in qualified to be in charge...lots of energy but unable to lead her personal life.

Diane was spot on. A very under rated actress, IMO.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?