Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
BettyBoop

Weight Watchers

#1 Post by BettyBoop » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Ive just signed up for weight watchers monthly pass on the internet and attend my first weight watchers meeting this thursday with my mother-in-law (who is at target).

I feel on such a high today :D because I finally feel like Ive pulled my head out of the sand and realised I need to do something about my weight problem as it really isnt very good for my health and I feel so guilty for my little one's. In fairness I have put an awful lot of weight on since my car accident in July. My back injury has prevented me from using the wii fit or going out on the bike's with the little one's!

So today is the day it begins......even though I dont get weighed till Thursday. By my calculations I have 4 stone to lose! :jawdrop: yep this sounds like a lot but I think I will try and break it down to mini milestones to keep my motivation up! Anyway I will she what the group leader sets as a healthy weight for me on thursday

No more of this :popcorn: :popcorn: lol.

Anyway anyone who's followed weightwatchers before and have any advice it would be greatly appreciated o/

LBD here I come!!!

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

Re: Weight Watchers

#2 Post by andrews » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:04 pm

BettyBoop wrote: So today is the day it begins......even though I dont get weighed till Thursday. By my calculations I have 4 stone to lose! yep this sounds like a lot but I think I will try and break it down to mini milestones to keep my motivation up! Anyway I will she what the group leader sets as a healthy weight for me on thursday
No way have you 4 stone to lose!!! There'll be nothing left of you, BettyBoop.

My WW books are all out on the living room floor - great intentions, but so little willpower. Maybe we could spur each other on.
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#3 Post by a_person » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Can I join in too please? I have no will power, motivation or self control. :( And I really want to lose weight too. I have the same amount as you to lose BB.... or maybe another extra stone. :(

What is the first step? I'm thinking of joining slimming world or weight watchers. Not sure which one. This guy who used to be four times my size is almost half my size now through slimming worlds but I heard they have an eat whatever you like policy and I don't really like the idea of that. I want a healthy option.
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

BettyBoop

#4 Post by BettyBoop » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:17 pm

andrews wrote: No way have you 4 stone to lose!!! There'll be nothing left of you, BettyBoop.

My WW books are all out on the living room floor - great intentions, but so little willpower. Maybe we could spur each other on.
Blaggy tops can hide a multitude of sins!! lol....What a great idea. We can spur each other on....I am full of will power and determination today. I will pass some of that on to you....but I must say you dont look like you need to lose any at all! Do you mean you just want to eat healthier? rather than shed some pounds.

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#5 Post by a_person » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:19 pm

BettyBoop wrote:
Blaggy tops can hide a multitude of sins!!
As is black clothing!
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

BettyBoop

#6 Post by BettyBoop » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:22 pm

a_person wrote:Can I join in too please? I have no will power, motivation or self control. :( And I really want to lose weight too. I have the same amount as you to lose BB.... or maybe another extra stone. :(
Yes of course you can...the more the merrier....we will have our own support network here! x

BettyBoop

#7 Post by BettyBoop » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:26 pm

a_person wrote: What is the first step? I'm thinking of joining slimming world or weight watchers. Not sure which one. This guy who used to be four times my size is almost half my size now through slimming worlds but I heard they have an eat whatever you like policy and I don't really like the idea of that. I want a healthy option.
my first step was today...pa*d for a monthly pass, going to my local meeting on thursday....got to go back because I've pre-pa*d!....Ive done slimming world before and I found it abit restricting...eat what you like within a certain food group Green/Red....but I found that I always wanted Tartan days lol.....weight watchers you can eat everything just makes you think more about portion control and what you actually put in your mouth. My mother-in-law is a target gold member of WW and doesnt have to p*y each week now.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#8 Post by Beate » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Read this, it's truly inspirational: http://www.dietgirl.org/
She managed to loose half her body weight (12.5 stone), it took her years but was probably healthier that way. She started with weight watchers but soon discovered you can do it on exercise and healthy food. Then she moved to Scotland, found love and made the blog into a book. She still blogs, has all her old entries dating back to 2001 in Archive, before and after pics, weight loss tips, recipes... give it a browse!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

BettyBoop

#9 Post by BettyBoop » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Beate wrote:Read this, it's truly inspirational: http://www.dietgirl.org/
She managed to loose half her body weight (12.5 stone), it took her years but was probably healthier that way. She started with weight watchers but soon discovered you can do it on exercise and healthy food. Then she moved to Scotland, found love and made the blog into a book. She still blogs, has all her old entries dating back to 2001 in Archive, before and after pics, weight loss tips, recipes... give it a browse!
wow...she is truly amazing. I wish I were her now!!

Ms Thrifty

#10 Post by Ms Thrifty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Don't know if this would be appropriate for you, BettyBoop, but I am a great fan of Nordic Walking, which you do with poles. They are great if you have some sort of injury (e.g. knee/hip/back) as I have, because they redistribute both your body weight and the effort. You also burn up more energy, so that's two benefits for the price of one. You can either do the same amount of exercise but use up more energy than normal, or you can do less and use the same amount, which saves on time.

I think going to a class is great for motivation and support, but if you want to get out and do something physical as well, this is cheap, easy and apart from the poles, doesn't need special gear.