Music Concerts/Gigs

Chat about anything
lesilie

Re: Music Concerts/Gigs

#891 Post by lesilie » Fri May 30, 2014 11:46 am

Anyone saw camera & obscura last night's performance? Absolutely amazing!

thetarget
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

#892 Post by thetarget » Fri May 30, 2014 8:56 pm

lesilie wrote:Anyone saw camera & obscura last night's performance? Absolutely amazing!
Yes. Camera Obscura playing French Navy live was a treat. Crybaby, the support artist was enjoyable to see and hear too.

First time I have been to The Forum and it seems to be a great music venue.

jcolombi
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington

#893 Post by jcolombi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Did anyone go to Radio 2 live in Hyde Park?

It was fantatsic, all acts were amazing in there own way. Jeff Lynne's ELO with the concert orchestra was the highlight, so amazing, to here all the classics (Which were released before my time) was incredible, they played a outstanding set.

If you did not see it you can catch up on BBC Red Button or view the setlist here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/electric- ... fe5cd.html
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

A pony walks into the bar and whispers, "I'll have a beer, please." The barkeeper asks, "Why are you whispering?".
"I'm a little hoarse."

TheDude
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#894 Post by TheDude » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Motorhead were great last night at Wembley Arena, my eardrums haven't recovered yet! I'm very happy to see Lemmy's health has improved and he looks and sounds like his old self, although he still needed to go off stage a couple of times (during the dreaded drum solo), presumably to breathe in some oxygen and sit down. Still, for a man of nearly 70, I think he's doing ok. I could have picked a better setlist but still.... 9/10

Before them, The Damned played for an hour, and they were fantastic. They always are, but last night they were on fire and they "smashed it up"... 10/10

On a side note, I got drunk... on tap water! I am never p*ying £5 for a pint, Wembley Arena can stuff it!

moondance
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 188

#895 Post by moondance » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 am

I seem to remember ages ago that people were discussing the best sites to b*y tickets for sold out gigs and that someone mentioned a site that allows you to sell/b*y at face value - we have some tickets for a gig we cannot use and want to put them up for sale not necessarily for a profit but to recoup the cost. If anyone can tell me the site I would be grateful o/
Preferred cinemas:
Central London and North London as far north as the Hampstead Everyman including Picturehouse Hackney/Notting Hill Gate - but not Wood Green and North Finchley as they are just a bit too far.

r33ceh
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: cineworld - ashton under Lyne, printworks - manchester, didsbury

#896 Post by r33ceh » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 am

moondance wrote:I seem to remember ages ago that people were discussing the best sites to b*y tickets for sold out gigs and that someone mentioned a site that allows you to sell/b*y at face value - we have some tickets for a gig we cannot use and want to put them up for sale not necessarily for a profit but to recoup the cost. If anyone can tell me the site I would be grateful o/

http://www.scarletmist.com/
you could also put them on stubhub, and just price them so you get your money back. i.e ticket price + what stub hub charge you.
there is also twickets (kind of linked to twitter app)
and then there is http://www.swapmyticket.co.uk/ where some people sell and others swap for a different date or completely different artist/show
FMUK ~ Manchester Massive

yogi
Se7en
Se7en

#897 Post by yogi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 am

r33ceh wrote:
moondance wrote:I seem to remember ages ago that people were discussing the best sites to b*y tickets for sold out gigs and that someone mentioned a site that allows you to sell/b*y at face value - we have some tickets for a gig we cannot use and want to put them up for sale not necessarily for a profit but to recoup the cost. If anyone can tell me the site I would be grateful o/

http://www.scarletmist.com/
you could also put them on stubhub, and just price them so you get your money back. i.e ticket price + what stub hub charge you.
there is also twickets (kind of linked to twitter)
I've used both of these and the first time I used them everything went smoothly, but the last couple of times I got messed about by everyone who got in touch and eventually didn't sell my tickets.

My event wasn't sold out, maybe if you're tickets are in demand you might be ok
Member No. 35 of the "100 free films in 2021" club 2 down 98 to go
(Hopefully I can beat last years 12! Unlikely to beat 2013’s 91)

2021: A Quiet Place 2 8.5/10
2020: Little Women, Richard Jewell 8.5/10
2019: Wild Rose, Shazam!, Avengers, Eighth Grade, Shaun the Sheep, The Farewell 9/10
2018: Coco, Three Billboards, Missouri, Avengers, MI: Fallout, Quiet Place, Stan & Ollie - 9/10
2017: Paddington 2 10/10
2016: Sing Street, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, I, Daniel Blake, Sully 10/10
2015: Star Wars, Whiplash, Ex Machina, Minions - 9.5/10
2014: Pride, The Imitation Game 10/10
2013: Good Vibrations, Song for Marion, Alan Partridge, Captain Phillips - 9.5/10
2012: Muppets, Untouchable, Argo 10/10
2011: ROTPOTA, The Artist, Mi4 - 9.5/10
2010: Kick Ass, Toy Story 3 - 9.5/10
2009: Up 10/10

LOVE FMUK https://youtu.be/62YY4trpDEY

moondance
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 188

#898 Post by moondance » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:05 am

Thank you r33ceh and yogi for your help :cool:
Preferred cinemas:
Central London and North London as far north as the Hampstead Everyman including Picturehouse Hackney/Notting Hill Gate - but not Wood Green and North Finchley as they are just a bit too far.

thetarget
Air Force One
Air Force One

#899 Post by thetarget » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:34 am

With 2014 coming to an end, which gigs that you attended were your favourite from this year?

Timbo
Phase IV
Phase IV

#900 Post by Timbo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:47 am

thetarget wrote:With 2014 coming to an end, which gigs that you attended were your favourite from this year?
Well mine has to be Kate Bush. It was a gig I never dreamt would happen and it was absolutely stunning!