Music Concerts/Gigs

Chat about anything
Ms Thrifty

Re: Music Concerts/Gigs

#511 Post by Ms Thrifty » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:02 am

raj101 wrote:Cliff Richard!!! yeyy!
If only! I couldn't get tix for either night and have been checking and re-checking ever since, in vain. Did see him once before but must've been about 30 years ago now!

Mesa7719

#512 Post by Mesa7719 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:29 am

So I got my Stone Roses tickets.....

aruif

#513 Post by aruif » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Mesa7719 wrote:So I got my Stone Roses tickets.....
out of interest.... how much did they come to in total? - how many did you get.

I can't believe how much money they are wanting. Not being funny but they have 2 albums of songs which to chose from, they have no need for any spectacular kind of set and ok so it's in a park but I just can't see why the need for such expensive tickets. I think it's a heap of crap.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#514 Post by raj101 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:43 pm

aruif wrote:

I can't believe how much money they are wanting. Not being funny but they have 2 albums of songs which to chose from, they have no need for any spectacular kind of set and ok so it's in a park but I just can't see why the need for such expensive tickets. I think it's a heap of crap.

and their 2nd album isnt really something to go ape about (if they'll excuse the zillionth Stone Roses monkey metaphor).
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

aruif

#515 Post by aruif » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:51 pm

i quite like it actually. but regardless. unless they are plannning on an album in the next 6 months then i dont see how they can justify the price. it's not like ian brown can even sing in tune most of the time. i've seen him i dont know how many times and he's only ever sang in tune once. i walked out last time.

Mesa7719

#516 Post by Mesa7719 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:25 pm

aruif wrote:

I got 2 tickets from gigsandtours.com and in total it came to £125.
The tickets themselves were £55 so the rest was made up for booking fees.

Took me about half hour to get mine..... everything was crashing left right and centre. I've been on those b*y/sell websites like seatwave since just to have a look and they were ranging from £99 up to over £200.

My OH telephoned to say that apparently there are 2 tickets on ebay going for about £1200. Not sure if that is each or together. I do think that its not fair for all those genuine fans who didnt get tickets due to the touts etc just b*ying bulk to then sell them on at a bigger price.

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#517 Post by jojojoanne » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Did we ever find out who Ms Thrifty is going to see??!!

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#518 Post by raj101 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Ms Thrifty wrote:
raj101 wrote:Cliff Richard!!! yeyy!
If only! I couldn't get tix for either night and have been checking and re-checking ever since, in vain. Did see him once before but must've been about 30 years ago now!
I will be join you in keeping my fingers peeled on Monday and Tuesday late night for tickets.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

claire
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: westfieldlondon /shepherds bush / hammersmith/ wandsworth/whitleys/ west end / wimbledon

#519 Post by claire » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 pm

I am the royal albert hall. My sister is a huge Matt goss fan. You might remember him from bros
You will never believe who is on stage at the moment !!
Amy winehouse's dad Mitch !!!
He's got a good voice but he's boring.
Member 58 of the "100 free films in 2013" club
64seen 36 to go

member No.58 of the "100 free films in 2012" club
57 seen
Member No. 64 of the "100 free films in 2011" club.

aruif

#520 Post by aruif » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Mesa7719 wrote:
aruif wrote:

I got 2 tickets from gigsandtours.com and in total it came to £125.
The tickets themselves were £55 so the rest was made up for booking fees.

Took me about half hour to get mine..... everything was crashing left right and centre. I've been on those b*y/sell websites like seatwave since just to have a look and they were ranging from £99 up to over £200.

My OH telephoned to say that apparently there are 2 tickets on ebay going for about £1200. Not sure if that is each or together. I do think that its not fair for all those genuine fans who didnt get tickets due to the touts etc just b*ying bulk to then sell them on at a bigger price.
There's been quite a bit of talk about people deliberately pushing up prices. tickets got put up to 10 million to get them off the site.

I hate touting I think it should be illigal. Fair enough if you can't go put them on at face value/what you legitimately pa*d for them and if people want to keep bidding silly money that's fine, but don't "demand" over the odds for tickets that is touting and it leaves fans out of pocket or without tickets and is totally unacceptable to me.