TV Series: Discuss, Review, Anticipate, and Wotnot

Chat about anything
Sydney_Bristow
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 2337
Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
I have tickets for: jaws 21
I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz

Re: TV Finales - Lost, Ashes to Ashes, Fringe, Flash Forward

#41 Post by Sydney_Bristow » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:41 pm

Fantastic! Ty so much, I'm gonna download it. It's so hauntingly beautiful! o/

Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#42 Post by Diane65 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Sydney_Bristow wrote:Fantastic! Ty so much, I'm gonna download it. It's so hauntingly beautiful! o/
Ditto, I'm so impressed what an accomplishment which will be a memory for the rest of your life and I love the vid I can't put it more perfectly than the wonderful Sydney_Bristow.

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#43 Post by andrews » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 pm

J.J. Abrams Pitching The Return Of Lost's Locke And Linus In New Comedic Drama.

The Island's bad guys will reunite to play former black-ops agents...(Source: Vulture)

Lost fans brace yourselves! Rumours have been flying for months but we can now confirm that a drama reuniting Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn, aka Benjamin Linus and John Locke, is currently being pitched to the networks by J.J. Abrams himself.

Back in February, Emerson and O'Quinn mentioned their desire to do a post-Lost TV project together but up until now it was all in the realm of a vague possibility. Now it turns out that Abrams and his Bad Robot production company have made it a reality. According to a Vulture exclusive, the show would be a comedic drama with the Emerson and O'Quinn playing former black-ops agents and carries the working title 'Odd Jobs'. Frequent Abrams collaborators Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec are also on board.

With the Fox commit to Alcatraz drama news last week and other series being taken by CBS and ABC this month, it's clear Abrams is on a bit of a TV-based roll. ABC would do well to jump on the bandwagon and grab Odd Jobs with a ready-made fan base looking to fill that Lost-shaped hole in their lives.

Let's hope the pilot finds a home soon cause we can't wait to see these two reunited.

Interesting.......
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#44 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 pm

MisterLondoner wrote:
[youtube]J5wOHIi7xCU[/youtube]

enjoy the full 7mins
Definitely do love this!

Well done mister londoner. I have some of the Lost cds somewhere.
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#45 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm

What new tv shows are people watching this year?

I've started watching Life Unexpected (it's on Season 2 now though).... most of my usual don't start until end of Sept.

Am looking for "new blood" for this season to watch. Getting bored of everything.
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

kevinknapman
Kids' Choice Awards 2016 Prediction Master

#46 Post by kevinknapman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 pm

The new Lost/FlashForward/24 wannabe 'The Event' started on US TV last night. 'The Event' follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter), a man who, while investigating the mysterious disappearance of his girlfriend, Leila, begins to discover the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.

I watched it this morning. The pilot is definitely quite fast paced and exciting and has an okay cast (including Blair Underwood as the President, ER's Laura Innes and Željko Ivanek who seems to turn up in a lot of these types of shows). Sadly though it's very derivative of the aforementioned shows. A mystery (the event itself) that won't be explained straight away. Multiple flashbacks to make things more confusing. The Event tries a little to hard to fill the gap left by those shows. Hard to tell how the rest of the season will go. I don't know how stingy the programme makers are going to be regarding revealing information. If they go the same way of Lost and FlashForward it will be interesting to see if audiences have the patience to sit through another one of these shows.
I'll watch the second episode out of curiosity but can't really say it's must-see TV so far.
Member No.41 of the "100 free films in 2018" club! 22 seen 78 to go
Recent free films:A Star is Born, Smallfoot, Overlord, The Girl in the Spider's Web, Home Alone

Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2017" club! 29 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2016" club! 44 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2015" club! 61 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2014" club! 40 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2013" club! 64 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2012" club! 88 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2011" club! 108 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2010" club! 84 films seen

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#47 Post by valda » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:51 pm

I watch more US show than English, my fav has just started in America.Sons of Anarchy Season 3. God Knows when it will start again over here :(

I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire, and Treme whenever they start. Once Sky start showing the HBO stuff, I'll be glued to the screen
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

kevinknapman

#48 Post by kevinknapman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 pm

valda wrote:I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire, and Treme whenever they start. Once Sky start showing the HBO stuff, I'll be glued to the screen
I've heard January 2011 for Boardwalk Empire. Not sure about Treme. The frustrating thing is I saw the first episode at the BFI Southbank back in April as part of it's HBO weekend and it was excellent. So I really want to see the rest. I don't really want to watch either online. I'd rather see them on TV.

I also saw 'You Don't Know Jack'. A TV movie that Al Pacino won an Emmy for last month. He plays Jack Kervorkian (Dr Death). It's a tough watch but a fantastic film. The best performance Al Pacino's given in years. The rest of the cast is pretty good too. John Goodman, Susan Sarandon, Danny Huston and Brenda Vaccaro. I expect that will turn up on Sky Movies at some point and I really recommend it.
Member No.41 of the "100 free films in 2018" club! 22 seen 78 to go
Recent free films:A Star is Born, Smallfoot, Overlord, The Girl in the Spider's Web, Home Alone

Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2017" club! 29 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2016" club! 44 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2015" club! 61 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2014" club! 40 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2013" club! 64 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2012" club! 88 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2011" club! 108 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2010" club! 84 films seen

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#49 Post by valda » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:13 pm

kevinknapman wrote:
valda wrote:I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire, and Treme whenever they start. Once Sky start showing the HBO stuff, I'll be glued to the screen
I've heard January 2011 for Boardwalk Empire. Not sure about Treme. The frustrating thing is I saw the first episode at the BFI Southbank back in April as part of it's HBO weekend and it was excellent. So I really want to see the rest. I don't really want to watch either online. I'd rather see them on TV.

I also saw 'You Don't Know Jack'. A TV movie that Al Pacino won an Emmy for last month. He plays Jack Kervorkian (Dr Death). It's a tough watch but a fantastic film. The best performance Al Pacino's given in years. The rest of the cast is pretty good too. John Goodman, Susan Sarandon, Danny Huston and Brenda Vaccaro. I expect that will turn up on Sky Movies at some point and I really recommend it.
HHBO weekend? Where have I been to miss something like that! I heard about 'Jack' when I was watcing the Emmy's. And yes its very frustrating having to wait so long for stuff. I ended up b*ying True Blood from America before it even came out here. I have no patience when I want to see things :oops:
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

lovesitx
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Sheffield

#50 Post by lovesitx » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:22 pm

a_person wrote:What new tv shows are people watching this year?

I've started watching Life Unexpected (it's on Season 2 now though).... most of my usual don't start until end of Sept.

Am looking for "new blood" for this season to watch. Getting bored of everything.
I love Life Unexpected, I watched the pilot on E4 on Sunday and since then I've watched the rest of S1 and the first ep of S2 online. Can't believe I haven't discovered it before now as I watch quite a lot of the shows that are on The CW in America.

I have all my usual American shows that are returning that I watch online but newbies I want to see are The Event, No Ordinary Family and The Walking Dead.