We all like to hoard, don't we?

Chat about anything
jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Re: We all like to hoard, don't we?

#61 Post by jojojoanne » Wed May 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Yes, but it was a pittance for what we could've got for them!! She thought she was doing us a favour!!!

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#62 Post by Diane65 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 am

Diane65 wrote:
akh43 wrote:I now only iron about once a month
This made me smile as you know I would be getting jittery if my ironing wasn't up to date :giggle:

Mine is the luxury beauty/body products that you get for pressies (and b*y) but over the last 18 months I have been ploughing my way through them, it felt like a real indulgence just using them on a work day not getting ready for a night out. Just had a lovely shower with L'Occitane gel so I am loving using them, still got enough eye shadows to last me the rest of my life 8O
Thought that I would re awaken this thread as I am still working through my lotions and potions and still haven't had to b*y anything apart from a foundation but that gets me onto something else. I am slowly working my way through samples I get in magazines and tried this yesterday what a fabulous product lasted all day - I'm stunned as I have been using Chanel foundation for ages but this one did last longer. Has anyone else tried the budget priced products and found them to be better than high end ones? Plus this mascara http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=C6 ... ion+lashes instead of my Chritian Dior one (I use black not sapphire but couldn't find the link).

PeachyLollipop
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: West End, Westfield Stratford city, Islington, Wood Green

#63 Post by PeachyLollipop » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 am

Diane65 wrote:
Diane65 wrote:
akh43 wrote:I now only iron about once a month
This made me smile as you know I would be getting jittery if my ironing wasn't up to date :giggle:

Mine is the luxury beauty/body products that you get for pressies (and b*y) but over the last 18 months I have been ploughing my way through them, it felt like a real indulgence just using them on a work day not getting ready for a night out. Just had a lovely shower with L'Occitane gel so I am loving using them, still got enough eye shadows to last me the rest of my life 8O
Thought that I would re awaken this thread as I am still working through my lotions and potions and still haven't had to b*y anything apart from a foundation but that gets me onto something else. I am slowly working my way through samples I get in magazines and tried this yesterday what a fabulous product lasted all day - I'm stunned as I have been using Chanel foundation for ages but this one did last longer. Has anyone else tried the budget priced products and found them to be better than high end ones? Plus this mascara http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=C6 ... ion+lashes instead of my Chritian Dior one (I use black not sapphire but couldn't find the link).
I've found Maybelline's dream lumi concealer to be equally as good (if not better) than YSL's touche eclat at a fraction of the price!

On a hoarding note - i like to bring hotel shampoo/gel/body cream home with me as a souvenir :wall:
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 47/100 Seen

Scores
2013 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21969&p=268158#p268158
2014 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26885&p=324444#p324444

timetofly

#64 Post by timetofly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm pretty sure I hoard pieces of paper that I've written on. I'm always scared that as soon as I throw it away, I'll realise it had something super important on it that I need and can never ever replace. That includes pieces of paper that contain nothing but doodles.

Oh, and cute stationary. Even if it stopped working years ago, if it's cute, I'll keep it.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#65 Post by Diane65 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm

PeachyLollipop wrote:I've found Maybelline's dream lumi concealer to be equally as good (if not better) than YSL's touche eclat at a fraction of the price!

On a hoarding note - i like to bring hotel shampoo/gel/body cream home with me as a souvenir :wall:
I will give it a go as I'm almost out of my YSL touché éclat and my Chanel foundation which together usually cost me about £55 8O :oops: (I don't drink, smoke, drive a 13 year old Punto and wear a uniform hence my treats along with my trips :shifty: ) whereas these 2 combined will only be £15 o/

I too bring hotel stuff back which Ii think will be ideal for a weekend away but end up with another lot from the next hotel :roll:

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#66 Post by andrews » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 pm

All those years of hoarding have finally caught up with me. Now a retiree, I am sifting through stuff - and throwing it out! (I can't believe I just said that!)
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ms Thrifty

#67 Post by Ms Thrifty » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:39 pm

I loathe weeding files and paperwork. I would almost rather be back at work. Not quite, though!

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2

#68 Post by Diane65 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Thought that I would reignite this thread as since it was started I have not b*ght a single product (toiletries/make up - my vice) that I haven't ran out of. Even after over 4 years I still have 4 bottles of unopened perfume plus about 20 hand creams (I keep on being b*ght more for birthdays and Christmas).
Just opened my last body lotion yesterday and now got another 3 for Christmas. I must admit that since I have been working through it all it has saved a fortune plus feels so good.
How is everyone else getting on?

McG
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Paisley, Braehead, Glasgow Odeon & Cineworld

#69 Post by McG » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Very impressed, Diane63! :star: :star: :star: We'll done! I'm a complete disaster still :X
Preferred cinemas: Best: Glasgow Quay, Glasgow Braehead, Glasgow Renfield Street, Glasgow Fort & Paisley
Others I'd go to: Glasgow Showcase Baillieston

Films already booked for:

Hope to get tickets for: Every film if they come to my preferred cinemas

Member of the 100 Free Films of 2019.
Aim will again be 150. 54 seen: 96 to go.

Member no.9 again for the 100 Free Films of 2018.
My aim will be 150. 143 seen, 07 to go.

Member No. 9 again for the 100 Free Films in 2017. 156 seen, 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2016: 135 seen 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2015: 72 28 to go
Member no. 9 of the 100 Free Films in 2014; 85 seen 15 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 Free Films in 2013" ; 89 seen 11 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 86 seen 14 short of 100!

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#70 Post by ClareBarr » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:44 pm

I do a lot of arts & crafts so I have boxes full of items to be reused! (I make colourful decorated pen pots out of reused empty food tins, plastic flowers out of milk cartons/shampoo bottles etc), & offcuts of wood that I paint quotes onto & make wall plaques out of! They're nice gifts & are well received by family & friends but I have to keep it all tidy in my back room or it easily gets out of hand!!xx