Introduce Yourself...

Chat about anything
chibimarukochan

Re: Introduce Yourself...

#2131 Post by chibimarukochan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey, I'm Lan from London. Not really sure what else to say about myself as I'm not much of a talker. I've only started visiting the cinemas more often than usual since last Summer, eversince going with my BF. As he is a Sky customer, we sometimes get free tickets to preview screenings. :P

Catherine Hall

#2132 Post by Catherine Hall » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello! This is to introduce myself. I'm interested in film and also theatre. I especially love the kind of films that aren't massively reliant on special effects. I love straight theatre and also opera but musical theatre generally doesn't do it unless it's Guys & Dolls or South Pacific!

McG
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Paisley, Braehead, Glasgow Odeon & Cineworld

#2133 Post by McG » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:56 pm

:welcome2: to all the newbies and the returning fmukers.
You will get the most out of the site if you write in the different threads and get to know other Fmukers.
Writing on a forum can be great fun, particularly as we share a common interest . . . FILMS!
Join in asap!
Preferred cinemas: Best: Glasgow Quay, Glasgow Braehead, Glasgow Renfield Street, Glasgow Fort & Paisley
Others I'd go to: Glasgow Showcase Baillieston

Films already booked for:

Hope to get tickets for: Every film if they come to my preferred cinemas

Member of the 100 Free Films of 2019.
Aim will again be 150. 54 seen: 96 to go.

Member no.9 again for the 100 Free Films of 2018.
My aim will be 150. 143 seen, 07 to go.

Member No. 9 again for the 100 Free Films in 2017. 156 seen, 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2016: 135 seen 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2015: 72 28 to go
Member no. 9 of the 100 Free Films in 2014; 85 seen 15 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 Free Films in 2013" ; 89 seen 11 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 86 seen 14 short of 100!

DavidT500

#2134 Post by DavidT500 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi. I'm David & this is my first ever post - anywhere(!) so it's probably in the wrong place & will disappear without trace! I'm really ancient, but still up for having fun, & enjoy theatre & film - especially the more arthouse / independent (boring?) end of the spectrum, and I'm open to seeing most categories. Although I live near Camberley (N W Surrey) I am often in the London area, so am flexible re venues. I haven't a clue how this works - but that's probably cos I should have read some of the introductory stuff before posting this! Looking forward to being part of it though!

SophRegBobChambers

#2135 Post by SophRegBobChambers » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I am a mature student studying film and media, and I have an interview to get into the 1st year of this degree as the university put me in the wrong degree (Boo!) so am trying to gain as much film knowledge as possible before end of April.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards :D

McG
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Paisley, Braehead, Glasgow Odeon & Cineworld

#2136 Post by McG » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Welcome David, SophRegBobChambers (must be the longest name on Fmuk!!!) & Joanne. :welcome2:

Great you have found your way to Fmuk! :star: :star: :star:
It's important that you do read the instructions sent re Fmuk.
Obviously we all love films, and even more, when they are free!
Do try to get involved in the forum . . . it's useful if you get to know people either online by chatting or actually meeting up at previews.

To David: I'd never written on any forum until last April and now I'm addicted!!!! :typing: :giggle:
Yes, you may make mistakes but someone will soon tell you . . . in a nice way, of course!
Just try to join in when you can and you'll find it gets easier . . . we all make mistakes . . . I did the other day but someone let me know and it got fixed! Don't worry . . stay calm & carry on! o/
Preferred cinemas: Best: Glasgow Quay, Glasgow Braehead, Glasgow Renfield Street, Glasgow Fort & Paisley
Others I'd go to: Glasgow Showcase Baillieston

Films already booked for:

Hope to get tickets for: Every film if they come to my preferred cinemas

Member of the 100 Free Films of 2019.
Aim will again be 150. 54 seen: 96 to go.

Member no.9 again for the 100 Free Films of 2018.
My aim will be 150. 143 seen, 07 to go.

Member No. 9 again for the 100 Free Films in 2017. 156 seen, 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2016: 135 seen 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2015: 72 28 to go
Member no. 9 of the 100 Free Films in 2014; 85 seen 15 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 Free Films in 2013" ; 89 seen 11 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 86 seen 14 short of 100!

zoecan

Hi

#2137 Post by zoecan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 am

Hi, my name is Zoe, I'm 36 (soon to be 37 but feel like i'm still 21 :D ) Im an HR Administrator at a well known worldwide delivery/courier company. I live in Middlesex and I love films, music and reading :book: . I am very new to this, saw my first free film yesterday with a friend and thought I would join and say hi.

millysmummy

#2138 Post by millysmummy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 am

Hello All, I have just registered and this looks a fantastic site. I am a novice but went a couple of weeks ago to my first free screening - fantastic!! Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, as never got anything free before. I will have to just read a few of your rules etc and then hopfully being able to comment and contribute to this wonderful website! looking forward to it and thanks !!!! o/

millysmummy

#2139 Post by millysmummy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:53 am

Hello, just now joined. I have previously only seen one free film screening and that was fantastic! You all seem such a great bufnch and I hope to be able to contribute. Thank you 1 :D

RickyRaj
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Road, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street, Holloway, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.
I haven't got tickets for: Any

#2140 Post by RickyRaj » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 am

Hi, I'm Raj, I live in Hertfordshire but work in central London in the IT Security industry.

Now that I am single again I have plenty of free time during the week to watch movies. I also watch a lot of movies at weekends via LoveFilm. I watch most kinds of film genres except horror - I find them all pretty much the same - happy to hear other member views on this. In particular I like foreign films such as those by Pedro Almodovar.
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Rd, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Ave, Odeon Panton St, Holloway Rd, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.