Chat about anything
Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

Re: FOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

#1751 Post by Sunny Saver » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Diane65 wrote:Has anyone used a herb chopper? if so which do you recommend? I want the knife type not a plastic whizz it around type. Plus pestle and mortar is stone, granite or marble the best to use? I am getting back into my cooking and hopefully will have my own fresh herbs very soon. Also any new recipes that anyone has tried it would be lovely if you were to share them. Thanks for any tips o/
I think my pestle and mortar is marble.

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#1752 Post by ejwrank » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Sorry don't have a herb chopper -- I never have a surplus of herbs to need one. My pestle and mortar is also marble like sunny's-- b*ght in China about 35 years ago when we lived there.

I was in John Lewis today and they have the most incredible array of things you do NOT need in your kitchen. I mean do I really need Good Grips mango slicer (it slices around the mango pit which I know is a pain to do but I never have a surplus of mangoes so do I really need a special gadget for this???) or an avocado slicer (I think getting the avocado to separate from the pit is a pretty simple act really).

Good luck with all the cooking, Diane. What time is next Sunday lunch?
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#1753 Post by Diane65 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:27 pm

newdot wrote:On a tangent, I love cooking curries & would recommend the p*rchase of an electric coffee grinder for grinding the whole spices....but do not try to grind coffee with it too.

In fact, I have 2 coffee grinders, 1 for spices & 1 for coffee
I love this idea and if you have any recipes that you don't mind sharing I would love to try them.

I have only just realised that herbs are either hard or soft :oops: hence I mean I want the chopper for hard herbs
Sunny Saver wrote:I think my pestle and mortar is marble.
Thanks for that.
ejwrank wrote:Sorry don't have a herb chopper -- I never have a surplus of herbs to need one. My pestle and mortar is also marble like sunny's-- b*ght in China about 35 years ago when we lived there.

I was in John Lewis today and they have the most incredible array of things you do NOT need in your kitchen. I mean do I really need Good Grips mango slicer (it slices around the mango pit which I know is a pain to do but I never have a surplus of mangoes so do I really need a special gadget for this???) or an avocado slicer (I think getting the avocado to separate from the pit is a pretty simple act really).

Good luck with all the cooking, Diane. What time is next Sunday lunch?
Whenever you like ejwrank you will always be welcome.

I have got my trug ready to get growing my herbs so will be freezing a few bits for over the winter.