The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0

Re: Latecomers to screenings and other cinema nuisances

#461 Post by The Sparrow » Mon May 01, 2017 10:12 pm

CarefreeDreams wrote:
mattymc13 wrote:
Beate wrote:I'm afraid you were the nuisance here. You decided to ignore your allocated seats and sit your large group together, then argued with the rightful owners of those seats when they came to claim them. Not sure why your friends had to sit on the floor but they've only got themselves to blame. Your 10 minute arguing in a packed cinema must have caused a huge disturbance to everyone around you. Grow up.
I'm sure there are better ways to criticise newcomers to the forum without being so damn patronising. Advising people on where they went wrong is fine, but telling them to grow up is beyond pathetic.

Yeah, I'm sure that my friends deserved to be verbally screamed at and sworn at by these so called grown ups. And yes it did cause a distribance in the packed out cinema and guess who was in the wrong, not my friends. Even the mangement said they were in the wrong. How dare an adult scream and swear at children?!

I'm an adult myself now and they could have totally handled that differently. Yes we may have taken there seats, but at least we were grown up enough to give them back. So why don't you grown up and take your patronising self somewhere else.
BTW if Beate took her "patronising self somewhere else" this forum would grind to a halt!
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

LiteupLee
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Liverpool,Cheshire Oaks, Manchester
I have tickets for: The radiator

#462 Post by LiteupLee » Mon May 01, 2017 10:23 pm

D-Fens wrote:Everybody is in the wrong here. It was Hunger Games the cinema should have been empty.
LOL
Nobody's perfect!!!
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2017 club.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2016 club. 50 seen
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2015 club. 35 seen, 65 to go.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2014 club. 72 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2013 club. 70 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2012 club. 69 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2011 club. 60 seen.
free films in 2010 30 seen.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#463 Post by Beate » Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Some people can just never see when they're in the wrong. Fact is you or your friends took someone else's seats, then you argued for ten minutes instead of vacating them promptly. If you hadn't done either, there wouldn't have been a problem. Calling me patronising just for pointing out the obvious means you've clearly learnt nothing from it.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

LiteupLee
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Liverpool,Cheshire Oaks, Manchester
I have tickets for: The radiator

#464 Post by LiteupLee » Mon May 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Out of interest, if you knew you were to see this film on your birthday, why didn't you book tickets and reserve seats beforehand? You knew it would be busy and it was a birthday treat, surely you could have asked a parent to reserve seats for you altogether? The other people knew it would be busy, hence they booked and reserved seats beforehand.
Nobody's perfect!!!
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2017 club.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2016 club. 50 seen
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2015 club. 35 seen, 65 to go.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2014 club. 72 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2013 club. 70 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2012 club. 69 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2011 club. 60 seen.
free films in 2010 30 seen.

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#465 Post by The Sparrow » Tue May 02, 2017 9:26 am

I had a row of teenagers sat in front of me yesterday; the vast majority were incapable of not faffing with their phones during the film. One actually took two selfies and seemed most surprised when I yelled at her!
Free Films Seen 2016

pinkpanther

#466 Post by pinkpanther » Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 am

Chill and move on. All this arguing makes me want to put on a huge sombrero and sit in front of everyone while scoffing evil-smelling loud crunchy things. *Raspberry*.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#467 Post by raj101 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 am

Watching "Bitch" yesterday at Sundance (london, not USA) about a woman who acts like a dog.

A fully grown adult middleaged woman sat next to me with her equally fully grown middleaged woman friend, who told her buddy that her feet were uncomfortably wet, presumably because she'd been caught in the downpour earlier that day. Her friend told her to take her shoes off to reveal her smelly feet. ("Whoof??)

What a stink. Wasnt sure what to do. ("Excuse me your feet are smelly, you not noticed? yuh..nuh..thanks awfully"),until I noticed that there was noone sat near us to our left, nor to our right or in front... so I decided ... to take one of my shoes off, and place the revealed foot right next to her. Yesterdays downpour had made my socks smelly too.

The number of glances I got after that from that pair of noodles throughout the film was awesome. Well act like a child, and you will treated like a child.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

midian
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: lea valley, enfield, any in greenwich, west india quay

#468 Post by midian » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:09 pm

that's hilarious. i hope that through that you managed to "enjoy" the film?
raj101 wrote:Watching "Bitch" yesterday at Sundance (london, not USA) about a woman who acts like a dog.

A fully grown adult middleaged woman sat next to me with her equally fully grown middleaged woman friend, who told her buddy that her feet were uncomfortably wet, presumably because she'd been caught in the downpour earlier that day. Her friend told her to take her shoes off to reveal her smelly feet. ("Whoof??)

What a stink. Wasnt sure what to do. ("Excuse me your feet are smelly, you not noticed? yuh..nuh..thanks awfully"),until I noticed that there was noone sat near us to our left, nor to our right or in front... so I decided ... to take one of my shoes off, and place the revealed foot right next to her. Yesterdays downpour had made my socks smelly too.

The number of glances I got after that from that pair of noodles throughout the film was awesome. Well act like a child, and you will treated like a child.

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#469 Post by The Sparrow » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:27 pm

This doesn't adhere to this thread but as we're discussing disgusting behaviour.
What gives some people the right to leave their more solid deposits for all to see in public toilets??
Are we supposed to inspect them and score them on shape, colour, solidity etc??
Some people are just downright disgusting. :X
Free Films Seen 2016

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#470 Post by raj101 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:44 pm

midian wrote:that's hilarious. i hope that through that you managed to "enjoy" the film?
raj101 wrote:Watching "Bitch" yesterday at Sundance (london, not USA) about a woman who acts like a dog.

Bitch was good movie. Particularly the 4DX smell effects were amazingly real.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?