Chat about anything
The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0

Re: Latecomers to screenings and other cinema nuisances

#421 Post by The Sparrow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Jayman wrote:
The Sparrow wrote:Am I the only person who challenges those who drape their legs over the seat in front of them?
It's not only that it shakes the row of seats but I don't want some dirty pair of trainers lolling over my left shoulder.
It seems to be happening more and more often. Yet other people seem to put up with it without saying a word.
This reminds me of my Captain Fantastic screening during the Summer.
I was seated on the very left near the stairs and throughout the movie there was a stench, very much akin to that of a dead animal.
I clutched my nostrils for what felt like all of eternity.
When the screening finally concluded and the lights came on, I looked over to my left and discovered the culprit:
a guy who'd been sitting in his flip-flops, with the his feet just mere inches away from my face.

Hygiene, people! It's important!!
Oh yuck. With only being short, I'm often sitting in line with people's feet in the row behind. Not sure I could cope with dead animal stench for a couple of hours. I was almost sick on the bus recently when one guy sat behind me that smelt like he needed to be sanitised thoroughly.
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#422 Post by The Sparrow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Sunny Saver wrote:That's disgusting. Actually it really pisses me off on trains and buses when people put their feet on seats. It also pisses me off when people let their young toddlers stand on seats too. What makes you think your kids' shoes aren't dirty. Shame conductors don't say anything!
Yep, amazing how mothers think small child should be allowed to put their shoes all over seats or even people. Cos we all know that small children's shoes are magical and never have crap on the soles!
Free Films Seen 2016

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

#423 Post by Sunny Saver » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Personally, I think kids' shoes are more likely to have shit on them, because they don't know better.

The other thing that's disgusting is people who change babies' nappies in public, eg on the bus. You think your kids shit don't smell on a bus?? I remember being on a bus once and a father started changing the kids' nappy and the grandmother went and closed CLOSED CLOSED, not opened, but CLOSED all the windows. This was in summer.

This is probably a bit psychotic, but I often see a person with his/her feet up on the seat opposite them on a train/bus and think - if someone came around with a Samurai sword and chopped them off - they won't do that again!

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#424 Post by The Sparrow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Sunny Saver wrote:Personally, I think kids' shoes are more likely to have shit on them, because they don't know better.

The other thing that's disgusting is people who change babies' nappies in public, eg on the bus. You think your kids shit don't smell on a bus?? I remember being on a bus once and a father started changing the kids' nappy and the grandmother went and closed CLOSED CLOSED, not opened, but CLOSED all the windows. This was in summer.

This is probably a bit psychotic, but I often see a person with his/her feet up on the seat opposite them on a train/bus and think - if someone came around with a Samurai sword and chopped them off - they won't do that again!
True but they would take the bus/train out of service whilst they cleaned up the blood.

Thankfully, I haven't come across nappy changing on public transport. I do see some disgusting sights in the disabled loo in the cinema though. Females chucking used sanitary towels on the floor for example! 8O
Free Films Seen 2016

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#425 Post by Jayman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Sunny Saver wrote:Personally, I think kids' shoes are more likely to have shit on them, because they don't know better.

Buses (particularly the Night-Buses) are very much a vision of what hell must be like.
In fact, if you're one of the picketing members of Southern Rail, consider yourself lucky.
TFL's bus-drivers put up with literal horrors on a daily basis and almost never go on strike.
ImageImage

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#426 Post by raj101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Jayman wrote:
The Sparrow wrote:Am I the only person who challenges those who drape their legs over the seat in front of them?
It's not only that it shakes the row of seats but I don't want some dirty pair of trainers lolling over my left shoulder.
It seems to be happening more and more often. Yet other people seem to put up with it without saying a word.
I was seated on the very left near the stairs and throughout the movie there was a stench, very much akin to that of a dead animal.
When the screening finally concluded and the lights came on, I looked over to my left and discovered the culprit:
a guy who'd been sitting in his flip-flops, with the his feet just mere inches away from my face.

is this what 4DX is all about? smells about right.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#427 Post by The Sparrow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:43 pm

raj101 wrote:
Jayman wrote:

is this what 4DX is all about? smells about right.
Teen spirit? ;)
Free Films Seen 2016

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#428 Post by raj101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:02 pm

The Sparrow wrote: Teen spirit? ;)
more like Lithium (sulphide)
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

#429 Post by Sunny Saver » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Reading this article in the newspaper reminded me of this thread.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/yo ... 28871.html

Maybe the parent should have told the kids not to put their feet on the seats in the first place?

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#430 Post by The Sparrow » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 pm

Sunny Saver wrote:Reading this article in the newspaper reminded me of this thread.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/yo ... 28871.html

Maybe the parent should have told the kids not to put their feet on the seats in the first place?
Assaulted? That conjures up images of him beating the brats around the head. Damn parents allowing their kids to do as they want. I'd have supported the man had I been there.
Free Films Seen 2016