Latecomers to screenings and other cinema nuisances

Chat about anything
Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Latecomers to screenings and other cinema nuisances

#451 Post by Beate » Mon May 01, 2017 9:23 am

I'm afraid you were the nuisance here. You decided to ignore your allocated seats and sit your large group together, then argued with the rightful owners of those seats when they came to claim them. Not sure why your friends had to sit on the floor but they've only got themselves to blame. Your 10 minute arguing in a packed cinema must have caused a huge disturbance to everyone around you. Grow up.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 1 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

mattymc13
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue North Finchley, Cineworld Enfield, Odeon Lee Valley, Odeon Muswell Hill
I have tickets for: The Next Three Days, The King's Speech, Love & Other Drugs

#452 Post by mattymc13 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Beate wrote:I'm afraid you were the nuisance here. You decided to ignore your allocated seats and sit your large group together, then argued with the rightful owners of those seats when they came to claim them. Not sure why your friends had to sit on the floor but they've only got themselves to blame. Your 10 minute arguing in a packed cinema must have caused a huge disturbance to everyone around you. Grow up.
I'm sure there are better ways to criticise newcomers to the forum without being so damn patronising. Advising people on where they went wrong is fine, but telling them to grow up is beyond pathetic.

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#453 Post by Beate » Mon May 01, 2017 1:06 pm

A bunch of 13 year olds refusing to vacate seats that weren't theirs? Grow up is exactly what they need to do.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 1 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

mattymc13
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Vue North Finchley, Cineworld Enfield, Odeon Lee Valley, Odeon Muswell Hill
I have tickets for: The Next Three Days, The King's Speech, Love & Other Drugs

#454 Post by mattymc13 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Beate wrote:A bunch of 13 year olds refusing to vacate seats that weren't theirs? Grow up is exactly what they need to do.
I'm failing to understand what is more childish about that than the grown up people showing up late and choosing to engage in an argument with children instead of just taking the available seats that cannot have been more than ten feet away. I know that isn't an argument I would care to start half an hour into a screening. It's very easy to play the immaturity card where kids are concerned but the adults in the argument are beyond sad for dragging it out and ruining the experience for everybody. So the kids didn't get up? Big deal. Just sit down and watch the film instead of being so precious.

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#455 Post by D-Fens » Mon May 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Everybody is in the wrong here. It was Hunger Games the cinema should have been empty.

CarefreeDreams

#456 Post by CarefreeDreams » Mon May 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Yes, you read correctly my two friends sat in their seats, and left two seats for the LATECOMERS. At least my friends were polite enough to do so or someone else who wasn't even given seats would have just taken it anyways.

Secondly, how can you expect to get anything iut of a movie when you arrived almost an hour late to the movie!

And thirdly, we were 13 years old at the time, you tell me how'd you feel when two grown adults started shouting and swearing at you when you explained to them that we only wanted to sit together. That was wholly unacceptable and even the cinema employess and managers agreed with us. So do not judge or make assumptions that we just wrongly sat in their seats and we were being ignorant teenagers. I'm an adult myself now and would never shout and swear at children even if they were in my seat. I would politely tell them to move and that would be that!

CarefreeDreams

#457 Post by CarefreeDreams » Mon May 01, 2017 7:32 pm

mattymc13 wrote:
Beate wrote:A bunch of 13 year olds refusing to vacate seats that weren't theirs? Grow up is exactly what they need to do.
I'm failing to understand what is more childish about that than the grown up people showing up late and choosing to engage in an argument with children instead of just taking the available seats that cannot have been more than ten feet away. I know that isn't an argument I would care to start half an hour into a screening. It's very easy to play the immaturity card where kids are concerned but the adults in the argument are beyond sad for dragging it out and ruining the experience for everybody. So the kids didn't get up? Big deal. Just sit down and watch the film instead of being so precious.
Thank you, we tried to explain to them all we wanted to do was sit together and they start screaming and shouting at us. They eventually got there seats as we the 13 years were grown up enough to not want to ruin the experience for everyone else. Even those around us said they were in the wrong!

CarefreeDreams

#458 Post by CarefreeDreams » Mon May 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Excuse how would you feel if your 13 year old daughter/ son/ niece or nephew was screamed and shouted at by big adult people. You talk about the 13 years needing to grow up, what about the adults. You trying to say they weren't in the wrong. If you honestly can't see that, then you need to not jump to conclusions so quickly.

CarefreeDreams

#459 Post by CarefreeDreams » Mon May 01, 2017 7:38 pm

mattymc13 wrote:
Beate wrote:I'm afraid you were the nuisance here. You decided to ignore your allocated seats and sit your large group together, then argued with the rightful owners of those seats when they came to claim them. Not sure why your friends had to sit on the floor but they've only got themselves to blame. Your 10 minute arguing in a packed cinema must have caused a huge disturbance to everyone around you. Grow up.
I'm sure there are better ways to criticise newcomers to the forum without being so damn patronising. Advising people on where they went wrong is fine, but telling them to grow up is beyond pathetic.

Yeah, I'm sure that my friends deserved to be verbally screamed at and sworn at by these so called grown ups. And yes it did cause a distribance in the packed out cinema and guess who was in the wrong, not my friends. Even the mangement said they were in the wrong. How dare an adult scream and swear at children?!

I'm an adult myself now and they could have totally handled that differently. Yes we may have taken there seats, but at least we were grown up enough to give them back. So why don't you grown up and take your patronising self somewhere else.

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#460 Post by The Sparrow » Mon May 01, 2017 10:11 pm

CarefreeDreams wrote:Yes, you read correctly my two friends sat in their seats, and left two seats for the LATECOMERS. At least my friends were polite enough to do so or someone else who wasn't even given seats would have just taken it anyways.

Secondly, how can you expect to get anything iut of a movie when you arrived almost an hour late to the movie!

And thirdly, we were 13 years old at the time, you tell me how'd you feel when two grown adults started shouting and swearing at you when you explained to them that we only wanted to sit together. That was wholly unacceptable and even the cinema employess and managers agreed with us. So do not judge or make assumptions that we just wrongly sat in their seats and we were being ignorant teenagers. I'm an adult myself now and would never shout and swear at children even if they were in my seat. I would politely tell them to move and that would be that!
There are many reasons why some people go into a film late, one of them being that they've seen the film and missed part for one reason or another. If they are part of a loyalty scheme like Cineworld's Unlimited they may only have wanted to see the part they missed. One should never assume and sit in any seats other than the one you were allocated. A group of 6 do not need to sit together. Two sitting in their correct seats wouldn't have caused the problem. Saying that your friends were polite enough to move means nothing when they were impolite to sit in the wrong seats in the first place. On top of that, they knew what they were doing.
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286