WELL DONE, DIANE!!!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Re: Weight Watchers

#3142 Post by ejwrank » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Congratulations to you Diane65 -- you are a real inspiration to everyone. By the way, when you have finished decorating your entire house you are most welcome to come down to London and do mine. You sound the perfect house guest!
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Betty Botter
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre, Lowry, The Printworks, Gt Northern, Didsbury, Belle Vue, Altrincham

#3143 Post by Betty Botter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:35 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, DIANE!!!!!! :star:
Last edited by Betty Botter on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:popcorn: Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2023" club. 12 seen 88 to go :cheer:

o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2022" club. 80 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2021" club. 25 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 19 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 100 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2018" club. 58 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 56 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2016" club. 85 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 101 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 102 seen o/
o/ Member No. 4 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 102 seen o/
o/ 2012 - 83 seen! o/
o/ 2011 - 53 seen! o/

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

#3144 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:28 pm

:cheer: Congratulations, Slim - You Rock!! :cheer:

Wow Diane, all your hard work and determination has finally pa*d off, and I truly can't think of a more deserving person. :D

Like ej says, you are a real inspiration to the rest of us on the forum. I know that I personally couldn't have come this far if it had not have been for your constant help and encouragement. ;) o/

Hey, I bet you overshot by that pound deliberately so that you could pick yourself a really big cake to celebrate with later on! :D

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#3145 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 pm

What a special Day, Diane! Forget about Jessica Ennis's and Nicola Adam's gold medals, you've got my biggest cheer of all! CONGRATULATIONS! I am absolutely elated with your achievement. And your achievement will mean so much on this forum because I imagine mostly females visit this thread (shouldnt be that way though!) and they may relate to you more than blokes like myself or Preston. I am also impressed with the fact that you documented your journey for everyone, your meal diaries, your exercises, DVDs etc, including your occasional obstacles. Brilliant, you've worked so hard.

Now there is no end to a health and fitness journey. You are now the star model for your friends, working colleagues and family. They want to know your secret and you'll want to sustain that positivity and hopefully spread it around you :) I wont lie, I soaked up the attention and complements I got from my friends and colleagues. It feels great and I hope you will do the same ;)

Never stop your exercises. You dont have to do it as frequent as you used to when you were losing the body fat but you still want to maintain definition in your muscle groups and strength for your everyday activities. Diet wise, you can afford to increase the QUALITY calories to sustain your current weight. You are at the tapering off phase. You'll want to stop thinking about calories and start thinking about quality food. Remember, losing weight is not the same as being healthy and fit. Your target will always be to achieve that higher level of health and fitness. You should be aiming for a permanent and comfortable lifestyle.

There are so many wonderful opportunities open to you and a world of new targets to achieve with your new improved sexy body (look, I'm blushing just saying it!). You might want to rally up friends and family to join in you walking or jogging challenges for charity if you wish. Or if that's not your thing, just simply keep looking fit and healthy for everyone to aspire to :)

Always keep measuring and gauging yourself every month to be sure you are not slipping into bad habits in anyway and to also give you an idea with you are maybe over eating etc.

SO what is your next target? have a good think about it. It might just be stay the same weight and shape but you need some material goal to ensure you do ;) My own goals are always related to sports or getting Kate Winslet to notice me (big fail there, though) but it can be to look more defined, or a another holiday on a beach. Or how about doing one of those professional photo shoot?

Finally, I really want to know your BF% (Body Fat %). All you need is a tape measure! Just measure the following: (and dont cheat yourself by sucking in your, exhale at the point of measurement)

Circumference of your waist at narrowest point
Circumference of your hip at widest point
Circumference of your neck at narrowest point
Your height

Plug those measurements in the following formula that calculates body fat % to a 1-3% margin of error. That's a fairly accurate guide. In fact I encourage ALL of you to do the same and use as a gauge, measuring yourself every month. Body Fat % is the REAL target of weight loss. How much one weighs is not really a true indicator of your health and fitness levels but weigh ourselves because it is the easiest measurement available.

There are different formulas which give slightly different results but generally, the US Navy formula is considered the most accurate (not as accurate as a calipers skin grip measurement by a professional) but accurate enough to use as an ongoing guage and even more accurate than the body fat impedance scales.

Formula (US NAVY one): (Important, make sure you plug in inches and not centimetres. If you measured yourself in centimetres than convert those measurements is inches first.)

MEN, all measurements in INCHES:
%Fat = 86.010*LOG(waist- neck) - 70.041*LOG(height) + 36.76

WOMEN, all measurements in INCHES:
%Fat = 163.205*LOG(waist + hip - neck) - 97.684*LOG(height) - 78.387

OK, you actually need a scientific calculator to get the results, just use this online one:

http://web2.0calc.com/

Or if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Calculator. Then click on view and select Scientific and voila, you have a scientific calculator at your disposal without needing to go online :) You can pin your calculator to your start Menu for easier access next time ;)

I have actually created a spreadsheet that auto calculates your body fat once you enter your measurments. It contains different methods and compares the results. Its part of a Body Fat loss progress spreadsheet I created a long time back on my journey. If any of you like to have it just PM me, I'll email it to you.

Now you have your Body Fat%, you can check how close to the ideal range you are with this guideline: (Diane, 14-17% will be a great range to aim for, if you are not already there)

Women (% fat)

Essential Fat 10-12%
Athletes 14-20%
Fitness 21-24%
Acceptable 25-31%
Obese 32%+

Men (% fat)

Essential Fat 2-4%
Athletes 6-13%
Fitness 14-17%
Acceptable 18-25%
Obese 25%+

Well done again Diane, you superstar. And everyone else, keep up the fab work with your swimming, biking, exercise, and healthy heating, you're all awesome for just being here and encouraging each other :)
Last edited by TheyCallMeMrGlass on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#3146 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Preston1990 wrote:Woah Mr G - I think that your previous post is the longest one I've ever seen in all my years on FMUK! For that alone some sort of congratulations and recognition are in order. o/
lol, I think my yawn inducing long posts have come back with a vengeance this weekend but I blame you guys for that ;) I used to bore everyone to death in the early days of this thread with some longass posts that even put me to sleep while I was writing them.

I am so glad to have read your follow up post about the BBC documentary and I admire your approach, wisdom and caution towards it. Have an excellent holiday, though you do know you are actually missing the week of sunshine in UK for this year, dont ya? ;)
ejwrank wrote:Congratulations to you Diane65 -- you are a real inspiration to everyone. By the way, when you have finished decorating your entire house you are most welcome to come down to London and do mine. You sound the perfect house guest!
I've already invited Diane to come decorate my office room at home :P
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#3147 Post by anakin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Wow, Diane! Amazing! Really well done! Maintenance will be fine, don't fret. Your determination to get to this stage will be enough to keep the weight off! Well done again, and how fabulous that it was on a treat day!!!
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#3148 Post by Diane65 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Wow thank you all so much for your wonderful kind words and I really mean it when I say that I couldn't have done it without all your encouragement and advice along the way. I got quite choked up reading all your lovely comments - I'm so lucky having you all as friends o/

When I come to London in October for the day I want to b*y you all a cake to say a big thank you for all your support - obviously if I have the time after doing my decorating for ejwrank and MrG ;)

Now going to find a tape measure for my next goal :roll: The sexy body bit made me laugh you have obviously forgotten what I look like :giggle:

Ms Thrifty

#3149 Post by Ms Thrifty » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 am

Tremendously well done, Diane65, and despite your busy life and multiple temptations. True dedication indeed!

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#3150 Post by Diane65 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 am

Ms Thrifty wrote:Tremendously well done, Diane65, and despite your busy life and multiple temptations. True dedication indeed!
Thank you so much for always being so lovely o/

Its maintenance day as from today plus my new goal is body fat - I have just measured myself and I have 26.6% body fat which is in the acceptable range but MrG's suggestion of 14-17% in the athletes band maybe pushing it a bit so I have messed around with the figures and if I lose 2 inches from both my waist and hips it will put me in the fitness bracket with a 21.3% body fat so that can be my next goal. MrG and anyone else any suggestions of how to achieve this (obviously I will keep up the exercise)? :confused:

I am going to try with 1500 calories a day and see if that works for maintenance and then adjust accordingly - I will continue posting my meals for another 4 weeks to see if I maintain my weight and get into the swing of it.
Menu of the day:
Larger bowl of all bran and a banana (400 calories - now feel overfull :roll: )
Cambridge diet vegetable chilli (285 calories) raspberries and a weight watchers chocolate mousse (80 calories)
Ham salad sandwich (quick dinner as going straight to the cinema from work) (300 calories) 2 plums and a mandarin (60 calories)
I will have peanut butter on toast when I return (200 calories)
I need to incorporate about another 150 calories of healthy snacks. I will still have a treat day once a week but don't want to have treats to fill up my daily calorie quota.

It will be a rest day today as I want to do a bit of sanding my paintwork after the cinema.

Have a fun day everyone and anyone not on holidays I look forward to hearing of your healthy day o/