Chat about anything
John Milton
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow

Re: Weight Watchers

#5861 Post by John Milton » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Diane65 wrote:We need to waken up this thread.
Hear, hear, Diane! Don't be so hard on yourself. By being aware of what you're eating and actively trying to do something about it, is half the battle I find. I'm taking small steps to try and get back up to scratch (as per private message) and managed 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, which is a bit of a milestone after a significant layoff!
asamaic wrote:I haven't got a Fitbit John Milton, but I am seriously tempted. I had a look at the one which isn't a Fitbit - Jawbone, that's it - and it's not actually that much prettier despite costing a lot more. Because you have to wear it all day long the aesthetics are important for me - I have a client facing job! A good friend of mine does have a Fitbit and he loves it. One of the reasons why I'm tempted... I already measure most of my walking through Runkeeper on my smartphone, but I'm curious as to how many calories I burn from all the tramping around the Underground and without phone signal and GPS, my smartphone stops being so smart.

Asamaic, I'm loving the Fitbit and it's keeping me motivated, as other friends who have it can enter challeneges with each other and there's a further degree of accountability that way (for me anyway!) Like you, I have to be presentable for work and my Fitbit (Charge HR) is pretty discreet and I think it just looks like a slim digital watch. I have it linked into my 'MyFitnessPal' account also, which makes it easier to track calories burned etc.
2012 Free Films: John Carter, The Cabin in the Woods, Snow White and The Huntsman, Lawless.

Joined FMUK: March 2013

2013 Free Films: Robot & Frank, Olympus Has Fallen, Maniac, Evil Dead, Oblivion, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Behind the Candelabra, Everybody has a Plan, This is the End, The Internship, Citadel, Pain & Gain, We're the Millers, You're Next, Rush, How I Live Now.

2014 Free Films: Locke, Chef, The Hundred-Foot Journey, Fury, The Drop, The Woman in Black: Angel of Death.

2016 Free Films: Anthropoid, I,Daniel Blake.

2017 Free Films: Hacksaw Ridge.

Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow

Please check out my reviews on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/ ... _cr_dp_pdp

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#5862 Post by Diane65 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:58 am

Well done with your run JohnMilton that is brilliant. I went for a 2 mile walk yesterday which took me a staggering 50 minutes and I was breathless as at my peak fitness and weight 2 years ago I could do 4 miles in that time. I am on day 3 of healthy eating I've had shredded wheat for my breakfast I will go for a walk later as although I could do with doing my DVD I am painting so everything is in the middle of the room it's my last wall :D :D I ran out of drying time last weekend so this is just about 3 hours work left so just done my first coat so hopefully just 1 more to go :cross:

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#5863 Post by asamaic » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Someone from work suggested we all did another 5K at the end of April.

Given I've had zero motivation recently to eat healthy or do any exercise, I've signed up. Nothing like public humiliation in front of your colleagues to persuade you to take action.

Off for a run now. :P

Hope you're all having a great Easter!
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#5864 Post by ClareBarr » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 am

I've been reading the last few comments on here...motivation can definitely be hard, can't it. Especially when you do exercise, after a while, that you used to do before with no problem. I lost 9 lbs at the start of this year, & am not able to exercise much so the weight loss was mostly through diet. I've put 3-4lbs back on, but I really don't want the remainder to creep up on me. (I blame Easter eggs! So not my fault ;)

baty
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: cardiff vue, odeon, cineworld, swansea odeon, vue, bridgend

#5865 Post by baty » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:24 pm

I can finally report weight loss!! Unfortunately it's not through exercise and hard work. the meds I am on mean no alcohol, make me sleep for about 3 hrs in the afternoon and have given me a reduced appitite. On the up side I have been able to potter about and do a little gardening. Even managed to make myself a tunic, which will hide the 'bumpy' bits and fit me better than a shop b*ght one. Amazing what a bit of sun will do for lightening the spirit.

Go for it asamaic, grab any motivation you can.

Wishing everyone support in your efforts
No. 39 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 7 seen 93 to go personal goal, 25 for films this year

My films 216 23, 2015 29 2014 26, 2013 47, 2012 58, 2011 43, 2010 54 2009 32

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

#5866 Post by Preston1990 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 am

Isn't it great that we're all so slim and toned now, that we no-longer need this thread! :D :p

baty
Se7en
Se7en

#5867 Post by baty » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:53 am

:twisted: :twisted: hehehe
No. 39 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 7 seen 93 to go personal goal, 25 for films this year

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#5868 Post by asamaic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Did my first 5K without stopping last Sunday and my first parkrun today. (For those of you who don't know, it's a timed 5K in your local park - there are loads in London, but they have them all over too.)

Had some bad news this week and went into an eating meltdown, but a friend of mine who is down for the marathon made me do parkrun with her today. Hated every moment of it, but I felt better afterwards. It turns out running does actually lift your mood more than stuffing junk food in your mouth. Who knew? Well, all of the scientists, sure, but I've never b*ght into that theory previously. ;)

I am absolutely exhausted - the run we did had a hill. A hill! And we had to loop around, so I had to run up the damn hill twice. I don't know if it's because I've had an emotionally draining week or because the run was harder than my usual route (I like it when it's flat), but my legs just don't work right now... Still, two 5Ks in a row actually running all the way. o/ o/

My eating has been rubbish, but I've been working on my fitness. I may or may not get another run in tomorrow - my actual race is on Wednesday evening. Don't want to overdo it.

Thinking of getting some kind of pacer app - does anyone use one? My friend pointed out that the reason why I find running such a struggle is because I'm starting off really quickly, then slowly dying towards the end. Apparently if you maintain an even pace, it's easier. Really useful to run with an actual runner for once - now I know what I'm doing wrong!

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

baty
Se7en
Se7en

#5869 Post by baty » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm

you have done so well asamaic.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#5870 Post by Diane65 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:16 am

Preston1990 wrote:Isn't it great that we're all so slim and toned now, that we no-longer need this thread! :D :p
:oops: :blink: 8O :noo:
Well I'm well and truly off the rails. I have just got no motivation whatsoever at the moment but seriously need to get some.

Well done asamaic you are one inspirational lady.