Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

Re: Weight Watchers

#6031 Post by Diane65 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:32 pm

ejwrank wrote:Glad the journey went well, Diane. I will not have you wishing to be Lady Mary though -- you are far too nice! Enjoy the plum crumble, visit to your mum's and Downton.
Just at the interval and I had forgotten about her being a floozy (it's the outfits I like) :oops: I will stick with being like Mrs Padmore o/

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6032 Post by asamaic » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:54 pm

I've just booked tickets to see a dear friend in October - we've been promising to see each other for ages, but have now agreed on a date and I've sorted travel (it's my turn to go up!) so it's definitely happening. o/ She's adamant I'm going to do a parkrun with her - I have warned her I might not physically be able to do it. Still, October is a long way off. I'm going to speak to my physio next time I see him to ask him what sort of exercise I should be doing at the moment.

M&S low fat ready meals can be quite nice, I am partial to grabbing one from the train station Simply Food on the way home. ;) The important thing I think is to get the calorie balance right, we can't all be domestic goddesses every night of the week or indeed in my case, any night of the week. Home cooked low fat meals are the ideal, but honestly, who has time to be that perfect every day?

C_t? C_t? Last time I saw her, she told me off for setting foot in a West End theatre because it wasn't fringy enough for me. :p She er, may have a point. I am normally found in teeny tiny pokey off-West End theatres. Speaking of which, I am going to be living within walking distance of at least four! I am so excited about that. o/ I'm well-known to one of them, and I've just been invited to cover the new season for another one of them, so yes, a plan is coming together...

The plum crumble looks gorgeous. o/ I'm not normally a big fan of fruit in deserts, but you can never go wrong with a good crumble. Or "le crumble" as the French say.

Start of a new week... Have fun and be healthy!
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#6033 Post by Diane65 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:32 am

No weight loss for me as eaten way too much. My life gets easier ie more free time after Friday so need to schedule in exercise.

Good luck everyone.

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

#6034 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:52 am

I've lost 2 pounds over the last week, so I'm more than happy with the way things are going for me at the moment ;)

I've a 2 hour gym "slot" (see how easily the gym vernacular trips of my tongue these days :rolleyes: ) at one o'Clock this afternoon. I'm going to be sensible this time and have at least something (lightish) to eat before I go. I'm also going to ask my trainer if I can do a bit less racket sport stuff, in favour of a bit more exercise machine based cardio workout. :shifty: It would be nice to get a 20 min swim in too, if that's possible within my outrageous £3.40 :roll: session fee. :confused: ;)

I went to Aldi yesterday to b*y some quid-a-bag compost (which I did), but I was absolutely blown away by the price reduction on some of their other gardening equipment. 8O

I'm not about to clutter this thread up again with my gardening tales, you'll be pleased to hear :nono:, but I will drop a post over on the gardening forum for anyone who is interested.

:shifty: I'm starting to think that, the already pretty svelte, Diane is trying to give me a bit of a head start on the old weightloss front (goodness knows I need it). However, I'm not about to allow her plum crumble gorging exploits to lure me into complacency, as I know that once she hits her stride (and she definitely will), I'll be left eating her dust.
Sydney_Bristow wrote:Well, as you all know by now, I'm like a nosy neighbour who likes to pop over now and then for a cuppa and a wee gossip. :p Keep up the good work girls n boys, you're always an inspiration. Adios xx
We love reading your stuff Syd, you'll always be welcome here. o/

Today's Menu

Breakfast: porridge, blackberries, skimmed milk.

Lunch: instant noodles, steamed brocolli, grilled salmon.

Evening 1: battered prawns, with egg fried rice and sweet chili sauce.

Evening 2: tomato cup-a-soup.

Water, Earl Grey Tea and Black coffee to drink.

Good luck to everyone else who has a weigh-day today. o/ Be good everyone. :D

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#6035 Post by jojojoanne » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 am

At least you haven't gained, Diane!

Well Done, Preston!!

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2

#6036 Post by Diane65 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Well done Preston1990 that is superb o/ I am well and truly ready to get back on track as nothing will happen unless I make it happen and I will :D Thanks jojoanne and Preston for your encouragement o/

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6037 Post by ejwrank » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Well done to the svelte, gym-going Preston on this week's weight loss. See how that badminton pa*d in dividends? I would imagine that you will be shedding loads more pounds with all that compost spreading ahead.

Now Diane, I think you have done very well with all that you've had to contend this past week in maintaining. Just looking at all those goodies you've made has made me gain weight! And of course you haven't had a lot of extra time with uni drop offs, etc. So I'm saying very well done in maintaining this week. Lady Mary...watch out!

Wishing you well asamaic in your new abode. Do take some advice on the Parkrun and be sure you are strong enough for it.

My son has been doing some Parkruns recently and even took his uncle (my brother from the USA who was visiting us) on one. Son was nervous that he'd be shown up by his 67 year old uncle who has been running since school days and my brother was worried he wouldn't be able to keep up with his nephew. They both went and had a great time. Son got especially nervous when he learned that his uncle had once done a full marathon in 2hrs 43 minutes when a much younger man and he still runs every day. I am a total disappointment to both of them!
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

#6038 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Just back from my Monday gym session. Didn't need to ask to be excused half of the racket sports knockabout "warm-ups", as I had planned to do, because that's only on a Wednesday. Well, I'm new and nobody had told me. :confused:

Instead we did some exercises to music that was quite a good laugh, but quite taxing at the same time. It reminded me of a cross between a Pan's People (showing my age now :p ) audition, being a model on the catwalk, and my own particular favourite, "Dad dancing".

Of course I've never actually done done a PP audition, or strutted my stuff on the catwalk you understand, but no doubt my kids would confirm that I do Dad dancing on rare occasions. ;)
After about an hour of that it was off to the gym for a rest. 8O

Did half an hour on the upright exercise bike and then got into conversation with my trainer. Just at that point this really strange looking bloke walked in to the gym. He had a massive right bicep, right leg and right shoulder but a really puny left hand side.

I laughed quietly, and said under my breath to our group's trainer "look at the state of that".

The trainer turned to me and said "Keep it down Preston, you really don't wanna get on the wrong side of him". :shifty:

Spent the last half hour of the session in the pool area having a 20 minute swim and then a 10 minute sauna. Back home now chilling, via Waitrose - free black coffee in hand. o/

Thanks for all the messages of support JoJo, EJ and Diane. Be good everyone! :D

lemondrop
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Greenwich, West India Quay, Central London

#6039 Post by lemondrop » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:07 am

I've been following this thread and wanted to say you're all doing brilliantly, you've also well and truly given me the push I needed! Ideally I would love to lose a stone before Christmas but weight loss is never easy, so we'll see.
So here goes...
Breakfast: 2 Shredded Wheat with semi skimmed milk & black tea
Lunch: Large salad of some sort - whatever vegetables that are lurking in the fridge.
Dinner: Undecided.
I'll also drink plenty of water, and will take a fruit break instead of tea (and cake!)

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#6040 Post by jojojoanne » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 am

Good Luck, lemondrop!!