Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

Re: Weight Watchers

#6281 Post by asamaic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:51 am

Oh, today was difficult! Managed to run further than last time, and to do less walking overall. It started raining really heavily about half way through; I could barely see where I was going!

Ran the 5K without earphones for the first time ever. Had a chat with some of the other slow runners as a result, which was nice. I might do it more often. Music helps me move faster, but let's be realistic, at this stage in my recovery speed isn't even on the agenda.

As I volunteer so often these days, the marshals at the finish tunnel were all cheering my name as I soggily made it to the end, which was lovely. Felt bad they were so soggy too, but I was not the slowest person this week, it wasn't me keeping them out in the rain!

If anyone doesn't take part in parkrun already, it's a great way to spend your Saturday morning. I wouldn't get up on a Saturday morning otherwise! o/

Now... what to do with all the calories I've earned from that, eh? o/
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6282 Post by ejwrank » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:08 am

Bravo, asamaic! Well done on the 5K run this morning!
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6283 Post by Diane65 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:00 am

Well done asamaic you are doing just brilliant.

I seriously don't know what is up with me I used to beso focused but I have been out for 3 Italian meals in 4 days catching up with friends :oops: . I know this is a feeble excuse but due to my commitments visiting poorly family I haven't actually met up with 2 of them this year so trying to make time to fit in friends. But this proves that if I can find time to see friends I should have time to exercise.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6284 Post by asamaic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:28 am

I love Italian food. o/ It's about making better choices though.

In a chain restaurant like Pizza Express or Zizzi, there's usually a skinny pizza option which will come in at 500-600 calories for a main. In a proper independent Italian restaurant that doesn't calorie count, you're usually best off going for a dish made with tomato-based pasta sauce rather than a creamy one. A real Italian chef won't throw cream in a carbonara, but you're still always safer going with something tomato-y.

Main dishes in independents can be huge, so if it is one of those Italian restaurants, you can share with a friend. Why not order a giant pizza and a side of salad, and stop when you feel full?

A small portion of sorbet or even ice cream is usually the least calorific way to end a meal, but out of all the 'real' deserts, tiramisu generally isn't that bad, and it is shareable, so you can always offload some calories onto a skinny friend. ;)

Everyone should have at least one skinny friend who never gets fat. Initially you may think they're annoying because they don't have to work at it in the same way the rest of us do, but you soon find having a friend who you can legitimately use as a human dustbin for food can be helpful. I hate leaving lots of food on my place and I'm trying to learn to stop when I'm full, so having a friend who will hoover up leftovers is great. o/
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

#6285 Post by Yinster » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:56 am

Diane65 wrote:Well done asamaic you are doing just brilliant.
But this proves that if I can find time to see friends I should have time to exercise.
don't knock yourself up on this. Every day is a new day.

What Asamaic is saying is true. Just need to make healthier options. Whilst I don't count calories and am not looking to lose weight I do now ask for a doggie bag to take home with me if there is any leftovers. Most restaurants are happy to let you do so. The Italians in general have a pretty healthy way with foods.

Only other thing I will say and this is my personal opinion is that skinny doesn't necessarily mean healthy. So enjoy life. If it throws you a curveball or 4 this week then take it in your stride. This is a marathon not a sprint for lifestyle changes.
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6286 Post by asamaic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Where have you all gone? When you stop posting I always assume it's because you've fallen off the wagon! How are you all doing?

Have hit 8lb, so my first half stone (ish). o/

Even managed to sneak in a takeaway. The thin and crispy Dominos have hardly any dough to them so you can fit them within your calorie allowance provided you don't go crazy with the toppings. ;)
Preferred cinemas:

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#6287 Post by valda » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Flying visit, IK've been so busy I don't get much time to post. anyway lost another 1lb so that's 16lbs now. The most exciting thing is that I was slimmer of the month! How did I manage that with all the free drinks and canape do's I've been to? :shifty: :red:
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6288 Post by ejwrank » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Congratulations to star slimmer, valda! Well done.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6289 Post by asamaic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Ooh, well done valda! Very impressive. o/ o/
Preferred cinemas:

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#6290 Post by valda » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:52 pm

only 8 lbs but its still nice to know vx
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks