Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Re: Weight Watchers

#6571 Post by ejwrank » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:54 am

I thought that asamaic, runner and volunteer extraordinaire, and maybe a few others might be interested in today's Guardian story about the great success of Park Run.

My son runs it most Saturdays and goes to a variety of them in London and last week he ran up in Norwich. He now has more than 50 Park Runs under his belt. This seems to be the success that the Olympics 2012 was looking for in encouraging people to take up some sport/physical exercise but never really managed to fulfill. Park Run has done it and a lot of it is down to the volunteers (where would we be without volunteers!) who organise it.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... on-runners

And where are you beloved Weigh Watchers? Hoping to hear some news.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6572 Post by asamaic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:52 am

I was really good, then it was really warm (I can't run when it's too warm!) then it was the fringe season, then work went crazy... Yeah, I know, excuses! I'm aware. There's always an excuse.

What I have managed to do though is keep off the initial stone that I lost. o/ Small mercies, and all that. I really do need to refocus and see if I can lose anything extra - I've plateaued around the stone mark. (At least I haven't regained.)

As ejwrank has guessed, I've been doing tons of volunteering - one of the things that I am quite excited about right now is setting up a new junior parkrun! If it goes ahead (and signs are good) it will be another 2k event for children between 4 and 14 on Sundays. Incidentally, my niece and nephew are now doing their local junior parkrun (guess which auntie got them into that, eh? ;) ).

And FMUKCON is going to involve a visit to Durham parkrun. Doesn't anyone fancy joining me this time? A run, walk or jog at 9am in the morning - come on, you know that's an attractive offer! :p

Now that our Chief Cheerleader has called us up, where are the other WWers? C'mon, 'fess up... How have you all been doing? o/
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6573 Post by Diane65 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 am

Thanks for getting us back on track ejwrank and well done asamaic for keeping off that stone. It's brilliant that you are still doing the runs.

Now here with the excuses :roll: I have been having to support 3 family members now for the past 3-4 months which has literally left no time for exercising and embarrassed to say eating evening meals during the week :oops: so consequently unfit and the same weight.

Now for the positive - now got carers 4 times a day for my Mum so that reduced the number of call outs. My Mum is currently in hospital following a fall but is settled now and my sister is visiting her twice a week so I just go 5 times a week so that is making life easier as my visits are planned rather than having call outs at mad times. Other family member is getting treatment so getting there with a few blips and other 1 I visit twice a week. Still working 45 hours plus a week so I had kinda ran out of time.

So as things are easing up now I did actually go to the gym last week which felt good to be back on track sort of.
My neighbour has given me loads of tomatoes so I have been making pasta sauces and tomato soup to freeze so have quick healthy meals in the freezer. I am off work today and going for a walk here https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/speke- ... -bell-tree before heading off to Liverpool to see the Terracotta warriors but am having lunch here https://richmondliverpool.com/brasserie/# as have a Tastecard so get 50% off.

Really need to get my act together.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6574 Post by asamaic » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 am

Just come back from my long awaited holiday. o/

I spent a few days in England at a very nice hotel then went off to Germany for nearly a week. I'd gained a few pounds before going to Germany, but lost them all whilst out there. So all in all, it's been fairly weight neutral. o/

When in Germany, I stayed with a good friend of mine who is far slimmer than me, and as well as having a lovely holiday, I made a few observations on why she is so much slimmer than me. I thought I did a lot of walking - we did double that. Sometimes more than double that! When we went out for food, we generally only had one course and when we wanted a dessert, we didn't finish our mains to leave ample room. I slept more and didn't drink any coffee. Snacking also was not a thing. Ever.

As well as the above, she runs during the week (which isn't something I currently do, but have been hoping to start doing again).

It sounds really simple - if I want to be her size, I need to eat less, walk more and run more. But I can only really appreciate that from having tried out the lifestyle for a week.

That's my latest weight loss tip: go live with a skinny friend and copy what they do! I'm sure there was a really awful Channel 4 weight loss programme based on that concept, but it is an eye-opener.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6575 Post by asamaic » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:42 am

Well, it's January now - the time of resolutions! Anyone else getting back to it?

I've entered my first 10K race this year, so need to get my act together. I've created a training plan for myself which involves gradually running more (both in terms of total distance and longest run) and invokes losing weight (got to make the running easier if I'm carrying less).

Today marks the end of week one (fresh slate for 2019).

Unless I have a major blow out today I will be finishing the week on track. o/

I tend to focus on one key area each year - last year it was clearly work, which went well, but this year I'm focussing on health.
Preferred cinemas:

Tripp989
Air Force One
Air Force One

#6576 Post by Tripp989 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 am

Hi, I would love to join others on here if you are still doing? Thanks lovelies x

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6577 Post by asamaic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Tripp989! :)

The more the merrier. We keep going walkabout, but always come back. :)

What are you hoping to achieve/do differently?

I've generally been on the wagon, but am away for work for a few days so not in control of what I'm eating and when. Sticking to my running plan though so it shouldn't do too much damage. o/

Where are the rest of you? Come out, come out, wherever you are! ;)
Preferred cinemas:

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6578 Post by ClareBarr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi all, I've missed this thread & was going to write a post on Sunday. But Monday morning, I couldn't see in my left eye properly (blurred vision & seeing lights)....finally had an urgent referral today to local eye hospital & it's retinal detachment & I need to have surgery tomorrow morning!! So even though I've been thinking I must watch my diet & lose weight this year, it is now on the back burner until I get this sorted. I'm praying that it can be sorted tomorrow & that they can fix the problem (I've been told it's a fairly straightforward procedure, but I'm still very worried & squeamish bout it). Will get back on here very soon xx

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6579 Post by asamaic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 pm

Oh, ClareBarr, that sounds scary. But it's really positive you've been referred so quickly - I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Take care of yourself and we hope to hear an update when you're up to it. One thing at a time!

:bighug:
Preferred cinemas:

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6580 Post by ejwrank » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am

Sending ClareBarr our very best wishes. Glad they will sort this out immediately and you will soon be on the way to full recovery. You just get better fast and we look forward to an update as soon as you are able.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.