Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

Re: Weight Watchers

#6471 Post by Preston1990 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 am

Diane65 wrote:If I hadn't vowed on here to go I would have given it a miss.
Yep, I can totally relate to that sentiment, Diane. o/
Once you make a public declaration of intent on here, or announce some targets or goals, you sort of feel morally obliged and pressured (in a good way) to carry it out, don't you? I guess that's why our Weight Watchers group thing seems to often work so well for everyone that takes part.

So very well done for fitting that gym session in Diane. :cheer:
Under the circumstances it would have been so easy to have talked yourself into skipping it, but you didn't because you knew that it was important to stay on track for the "new you". You showed some good determination there - I'm sure that will payoff and you'll be rewarded with a good result on weighday. o/

Goodness - Hark at Me! :roll: I sounded very Fmuketeerish there didn't I. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

I'm loving the sound of your tasty Roast Garlic and Marrow soup. :shifty: But at 19p those Heinz croutons seem something of an extravagance surely? 8O You could have diced a slice of bread up and quickly fried/toasted it in a pan with a little good oil. :confused: ;)

How are things progressing for you these days Clarebarr? Let us know what you've been up to.

I did another Spinning class yesterday (Saturday). I think that I'm actually starting to enjoy it a bit more now. Well perhaps enjoy is not the right word - lets just say it didn't seem quite as intimidating and completely exhausting as my first few classes back.
I've booked my second Aquafit class for Monday morning, immediately following on from a Spin Class. I'll report back with how that went, along with my weighday result. I'm planning on re-introducing Yoga, Pilates and Body Pump classes into my schedule in the coming weeks to add a bit more variety to my exercise regime.

Keep trying to being good everyone. I love hearing about what all you lovely people have been doing, so keep posting your plans, thoughts, recipes and exploits on here and we'll get some more synergy going. :D

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Step!

Yeah right, but it's probably wise to pick up some new shoes too ;) Think of this Weight Watchers thread as being like those new shoes. :D o/

AFO & OFA! :D

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6472 Post by Diane65 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 pm

I can't believe the number of classes the number that you are fitting in each week Preston1990 I take my hat off to you.

As for the croutons I don't actually b*y a loaf of bread that often so would cost me more.

Been to the gym again this morning and I actually found it really tough - 1 was almost a minute slower on the rowing machine even though I was giving it my all. I was quite weak as in pathetic not ill :X - maybe as on lower calories or maybe body aching just getting used to doing the exercise or just a rubbish day fitness wise :confused:

As for my meal at Gusto I shared a garlic bread then had a chicken, goats cheese and red pepper salad with balsamic vinegar - no dessert and just drank tap water. I am saving myself for the jam roly poly next weekend.

How is everyone else getting on. Did you do your run asamaic?

My weigh in day is on Tuesday so will update then. Good luck everyone.

Please can you post recipes so we can swap ideas? I have just watched the Tom Kerridge programme and oooh what a fabulous programme and delicious food. It's a shame that we don't live closer to each other as I would love to cook us weight watchers a healthy meal and have a good chat. I have had the privelidge of meeting you all in person except for Clarebarr so know that we would have a lovely time.

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.

#6473 Post by Preston1990 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Diane65 wrote:Been to the gym again this morning and I actually found it really tough - I was almost a minute slower on the rowing machine even though I was giving it my all. I was quite weak as in pathetic not ill :X - maybe as on lower calories or maybe body aching just getting used to doing the exercise or just a rubbish day fitness wise :confused:
Don't be so hard on yourself, Diane - You really are doing great. o/ The very fact that you were there and doing it (rather than your actual time) means that you'll have been burning off loads of calories, so you are all good!!! :D

Diane65 wrote:As for my meal at Gusto I shared a garlic bread then had a chicken, goats cheese and red pepper salad with balsamic vinegar - no dessert and just drank tap water. I am saving myself for the jam roly poly next weekend.
Your meal choice at Gusto sounds both lovely and sensibly restrained.

You asked for recipe ideas - I saw this and thought immediately of you for some reason :confused: -
I probably shouldn't post this link as it could perhaps seriously derail you - but check-out this little bad boy '65 :blink:

https://www.cocktail.uk.com/cocktails/jam-roly-poly 8O
Diane65 wrote:It's a shame that we don't live closer to each other as I would love to cook us weight watchers a healthy meal and have a good chat. I have had the privilege of meeting you all in person except for Clarebarr so know that we would have a lovely time.
:shifty: :bighug: :kiss:
Did I ever mention that I'm thinking of moving to Manchester ;)

Have just heard that there is a TV programme on CH4 tomorrow (Monday) at 8pm which looks like it may be good if anybody fancies watching it

"How to Lose Weight Well
Season 3 Episode 1/4

New series. Dr Xand van Tulleken and dietician Hala El-Shafie return to oversee proceedings as they help more people attempt the most hyped and written about diets on the market today, while cook Stacie Stewart gives advice to about recipes. In the opening edition, Becky and Sheena are put on short-term diets, Bex and Lea go on six-week programmes, and Jake and Callum are given four-month plan, while Xand finds out if diet pills actually work
(New Series) (Subtitles) (Audio Described)"

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6474 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:07 am

WOOHOO! I've lost three pounds :D

Oh the power of those salted caramel dessert cakey things! Awesome!! o/

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#6475 Post by jojojoanne » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 am

Well Done, Preston!!

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6476 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:07 pm

jojojoanne wrote:Well Done, Preston!!
Awww Jojo, Thanks for coming on here to tell me that Lovey!! :bighug:

You do remember that I'm doing all this for you don't you? ;)

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6477 Post by Diane65 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Ooooh someone is going to be Hot to Trot this summer :cool: Well done Preston1990 mega impressive. o/
Doesn't it give you a lovely feeling seeing that ticker start to move? :D

Hope that you enjoying your morning workout. Not much movement happening in my body today (at work) but being healthy. Same breakfast and lunch as last week but having chicken salad and new potatoes for this evenings meal. I need to shake up the lunchtime menu and bring porridge to work on the days when have a microwave (I work 2 days at a clinic with a microwave the others I eat in a stock room so limited facilities :roll: :oops:).

Lovely to have our lovely Jojojoanne as our fellow cheerleader o/

biggins
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 66
Preferred Cinemas: Any in Edinburgh

#6478 Post by biggins » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Well done on your weight loss Preston. o/ Bit concerned though that the diet seems to be making you wear funny clothes and growing face hair! ;)

Been to Tesco today and they are selling some salad items for 49pence which is great. Lettuce gems, celery and cooked beetroot which make a good base for a tasty salad. They also have avocados but they are more fattening but nice for a change.

I also b*ght a jar of ground cumin. A programme I saw last week had two groups of women who were dieting and excerising to lose weight. One group stirred a teaspoon of ground cumin into their fat free yogurt every day for two weeks and their fat BMI levels lowered more that the other group who didn't use it. Don't know how much truth in this but worth a try and it isn't expensive a a small jar is 85 pence in Tesco.
Still trying to cut down on the carbs with having soup instead of sandwiches every lunch time. :cross:
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2020" club 1 seen 99 to go.
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2019" club 10 seen .
Member no. 23 of the "100 free film Club" 57 seen 2010.

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6479 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks for all your ""congrats" and "well dones" everyone, you are all very kind!! :D

Thanks also to Biggins for the Tesco veg range heads up, and for sharing the cumin tip. Replacing your normal lunchtime sandwich with soup to reduce your carbs intake is an inspired idea.

Well I must say that tonight's Channel 4 prog "How to Lose Weight Well" had a terrific range of diverse diet ideas in it. I think that I may have a try of the Special K diet that was shown. It seemed to have some great results for the lady that trialled it, and it looked like it may not be too onerous to actually stick to. Can't wait for next week's programme - I think it has all the makings of a good series.

Good luck for your tomorrow's weighday Diane. :cross:

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6480 Post by ejwrank » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:10 am

Excellent start, Preston1990. I must confess that I never really knew what a spinning class was all about when you were telling us about all the spinning you were doing. I was imagining you spinning in place like a whirling dervish (quite a picture in my mind as I've never met you but was picturing you in your three musketeers outfit) so asked someone (my son who isn't into spinning but is training to run the London marathon this spring) to explain what spinning was all about. He told me he also wasn't completely clear but thought it had to do with sitting on stationary bikes that are weighted so not easy to pedal whilst the instructor roamed about the room and screamed things like "Faster, faster, faster" and then a bit later screamed "Slow, slow, slow" -- now does that sum it up properly or not? If I have this right I am thinking that is possibly one job I might be equipped to take on as I am quite good at screaming whilst others are expending energy.

You certainly sound like you are getting even more well organised, Diane, and I know with all that you need to do in a day, you are already one of the most organised people anywhere.

Biggins -- I've also heard rumours about cumin helping in weight loss but a teaspoon in a yogurt sounds like a lot of heat to me. Tell me how it affects the flavour of of the yogurt -- is the yogurt still edible????

Hi jojojoanne -- glad to see you here!
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.