Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Re: Weight Watchers

#6591 Post by ejwrank » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:24 am

Thanks for the update, Clare, and please take good care of yourself. We'll await further progress messagesfrom you whenever you can manage.

I should have welcomed Tripp989 before now -- sorry and warmly welcome!

Always lovely to hear from Diane65 and hope you are enjoying your walks in the balmy February weather.

Hope all is going to plan, asamaic. Are you still volunteering at the ParkRun near you?
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6592 Post by asamaic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:37 am

ejwrank wrote:Hope all is going to plan, asamaic. Are you still volunteering at the ParkRun near you?
We've just set one up for kids. So I'm volunteering on Saturdays and Sundays now!

I had a massive breakthrough this year when I realised I didn't 'need' parkrun to run 5K anymore. If we're short on volunteers, I can volunteer and run 5K by myself afterwards. I can and do run outside of parkrun now. o/

(Admittedly, I'm still running very slowly, but as long as I'm moving forwards, it totally counts! o/ )
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6593 Post by Diane65 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:52 pm

You are doing so well Asamaic with all your running - I can't run at all :oops:

I am pleased to say that I have lost another 4 lbs over the last 2 weeks :D So still need another 6lbs off before Durham - I am guessing that it will start slowing down the weight loss. I am on 1500 calories 2 days and 1200 5 days but need to get that to 1500 on one day and 1200 on 6 days - I was initially doing 1500 a day as was to big a jump for my stomach and my sanity. I am still doing my DVD 3 times a week, 2 x 2 mile walks and 45 minutes at the gym each week. On a Wednesday I do absolutely nothing apart from working 8-6.

How is everyone else getting on? Be good to hear from you all.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6594 Post by asamaic » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Your weight loss is brilliant, Diane65. Well done. o/

My weight is not shifting at all. Running is still going OK, albeit I'm being a bit cautious. The GP thinks I might have sports-induced asthma or just allergies to where I run, so I'm trialling an inhaler to see if it helps with my breathing or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly safe to run the distances I do. It's just I might be able to run them more easily. We'll see.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#6595 Post by Diane65 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 am

Hope everyone is keeping well. Hope that your inhaler is working asamaic - you are doing brilliant keeping on running while trying out the new inhaler.

I have now managed to reduce my calories to the 1200 6 days a week and 1500 one day a week. Still doing the DVD 3 times a week plus the gym once and doing the 2 x 2 miles a week. Just been checking back and I used to do 4 miles not 2 last time I lost the weight so I need to increase that in a week or so. At the gym I am doing a mile fast walking plus a mile on an incline then 2km rowing. I really need to change the treadmill bit as I walk anyway so I will have a rethink. If anyone has any ideas how to shake it up a bit I will be grateful for any suggestions. I have no health issues so will give anything a go.

I'm pleased to say that I have lost another 4lbs in the last 2 weeks so 12lb in total. I was heavier than when I started last time so a long way to go.

How are you doing Clarebarr? Keep posting everyone.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2

#6596 Post by Diane65 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 pm

Where has everyone gone? :confused: Please keep posting.

I have now lost 1 stone and feeling much healthier.

I have recently come across http://www.strongroots.com the pumpkin and spinach burgers in a bun with salad and a portion of sweet potato fries are only about 450 calories for the lot and so filling. I have had 3 spinach bites in a pitta bread with salad today with sweet chilli sauce -360 calories and I am seriously stuffed. I was trying to do lower calorie meals but was getting hungry especially as exercising everyday. I am still on the 1200 calories a day.

Good luck everyone

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6597 Post by asamaic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello! I hope everyone's been much better-behaved than me.

I've injured myself - again. Now seeing a physio to sort myself out. He's suggested that I join a gym to do stationary bike etc so I don't become completely unfit and TBH, there's no good reason for not following his advice. Hoping to sign up tomorrow... I have one in mind.

Have now been off running for... 3 weeks, I think? It's put a real crimp in my training plan!

Onwards and upwards though - I had a good physio session today and I'm hopeful of progress. I'm doing Durham parkrun in a few weeks one way or another. Given how slow I am running usually, it won't be a massive problem if I walk some of it.

Congratulations to Diane65 for the weight loss. You're doing amazingly well! :)
Preferred cinemas:

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6598 Post by asamaic » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 pm

I managed to run/walk on Saturday - 22 mins running, 22 mins walking.

Went to the gym today and did 30 mins on the bike. Brought my new water bottle - thanks pxc for that! o/

I did my physio exercises this morning too.

Must... keep... momentum... going...

How is everyone else doing?
Preferred cinemas:

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6599 Post by ejwrank » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:46 am

Here I am trying to revive this topic -- good grief, was the last posting really in 2019? Don't worry I don't want to know about pandemic weight gains but just wanted to hear how everyone was doing. It used to give me some good laughs and camaraderie and hope you are all well and getting on in spite of everything that is being thrown at all of us.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.