Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

Re: Weight Watchers

#6391 Post by Diane65 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:12 am

That takes some stamina asamaic to do the run with a painful knee. Hope that your health scare has resolved or more manageable. I totally agree with us fessing up as it keeps it real.

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly ejwrank but pleased to hear that you are on the mend. Homemade marmalade sounds divine.

Jojojoanne I am impressed with the 2 chocolate rule by the rest of your family.

I actually feel (and look) uncomfortably heavy so have no choice but to be good. I know that I am extremely lucky to have such good health but shouldn't take it for granted and carrying such a lot of extra weight, eating rubbish and no exercise is pushing my luck a bit too far.

Having a bacon sandwich for breakfast as a lot of physical work today, homemade tomato soup out of the freezer (made last year) for lunch and a roast (well streamed chicken) dinner with loads of veg.

Have a fun day everyone

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6392 Post by asamaic » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:42 pm

My Fitbit broke! :tears: Customer service have agreed to send me out a replacement though, which will be my second replacement. o/

I haven't been very good because I find it so unrewarding walking when my steps aren't being logged, but I ran/walked to parkrun yesterday and tried to run a bit more than usual there. I've realised the reason why my time is appalling slow at the moment is because I keep taking tiny strides due to not wanting to move my knee much - but there have been points where I've been bending it more, taking longer strides and that's been OK. Given it doesn't really hurt when I stop moving, I don't think I've been overdoing it and just need to experiment a bit more with a new technique that works for the knee that I now have.

I've committed to running next weekend and hopefully my new Fitbit will arrive before then. o/

Incidentally, I was so cold volunteering in the park, getting snowed on. Does anyone have any advice for appropriate sports wear for the current weather? I had on two pairs of trousers (running tights and thin tracksuit bottoms) and three upper layers (long shirt, short-sleeved shirt and long-sleeved zippy thing) and was still frozen! Thinking about investing in a running jacket on top (fourth layer), but they look pretty thin and therefore not helpful in keeping the cold out either.

I can't go running wrapped in a duvet, no matter how tempting the idea is!

I've had a running shop recommended to me so keep planning to go there at some point to get fitted for proper shoes. My friend the marathon runner reckons it will make a difference to my knee if I actually spend the money on proper running shoes. I balked when she told me I needed to spend upwards of £70 on a pair when I don't take running seriously at all, but I am sick of being "still injured".
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6393 Post by asamaic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Right, so my replacement Fitbit arrived and I took it for a spin. I'm still pretty damn slow, but it was my best parkrun time since June, so I'm making progress! Whoop!

I've also just realised that my knee didn't hurt any more than usual whilst running, which is another small victory. o/

I'm back logging food now that the Fitbit is back in action (as of today), so I will be trying to be vaguely healthy between now and FMUKCON and ready for this Leeds parkrun. o/

How is everyone else getting on?
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#6394 Post by Diane65 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Well done asamaic with your best run and for keeping this thread going.

Food wise I haven't been good neither on the exercise front. Been busy DIYing taking down wardrobes and nearly doing myself in when it fell on me so felt battered and bruised but due to lack of time to recover I had to crack on and line the walls plus paint 2 walls before the new wardrobes were fitted so has taken a while to feel 100% again. New wardrobes are gorgeous :D Its my birthday this week so already had 3 birthday meals :D :oops: but I am going walking in Yorkshire (Yorkshire Sculpture Park) on Monday so will be moving my body.

Seriously need to get into this healthy lifestyle - I don't know why I can't get my head in gear :confused:

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2

#6395 Post by Diane65 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:45 am

Omg I went for a long walk yesterday with my good friend and I was quite shocked as to how unfit I am 8O We probably walked about 5 miles and what could only be described as a gentle incline I was seriously out of breath (carrying too much weight doesn't help) today my back is aching like no tomorrow.

How is everyone else getting on?

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6396 Post by asamaic » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:29 am

After coming down with a stinking cold on Friday, I was feeling a bit out of sorts, but volunteered on Saturday morning regardless and got fitted for new running shoes. I didn't want to drag myself out of the house either time, but I feel a lot better for it. The fresh air and exercise seemed to help (the cold has moved on much quicker than I thought it would and now I feel a little bit poorly as opposed to full blown on "woe is me" wallowing) and my new running shoes are awesome. o/

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on them (a running friend told me how much was appropriate and said investing in them would help with my knee). The woman who sold me them (who was quite clearly a real runner and knew her stuff) was really thorough and made me run outside in several pairs of shoes before declaring this pair the winner. I'm secretly a little bit excited to try them out next Saturday to see what they do to my time. My last run (last week) felt better, so with this new pair of (magic?) shoes, who knows? o/

I'm ridiculously busy with everything (I am wearing so many metaphorical hats at the moment it is insane), but I'm feeling positive. And as we all know, taking better care of ourselves is mostly about attitude.

A friend proposed GoodGym (currently active in London, Birmingham, Bournemouth Bristol, Sheffield, Worthing and York) which sounds brilliant, but something will have to give first. I am currently stretching myself too thin with commitments in and out of work and need to prioritise. I think I'm going to have to go back to booking nights off in my diary to stop me from doing too much...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and no furniture is falling on top of anyone, especially Diane65...
Preferred cinemas:

stone_monkey
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: All the Edinburgh Cinema's

#6397 Post by stone_monkey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Hello everyone. I followed this thread a few years ago. I'm back. Although I won't do weight watchers. I am starting to work on my weight through a change in my diet and exercise. I found friendship and camera derive here previously snd hope to again.
My weight this morning was 101kg and I hope to get to 88kg by the summer. so hello everyone and here we go again
Member no. 55 of the "100 free films in 2014" club - 46 movies seen 54 to go. Target 72

0 freebies coming up, seen 26 previews, seen 12 non-previews so far - yippee...pa*d for 8 - Hubble 3D 5.50, Non-stop 6.60, Transcendence 6.60, The Amazing Spiderman II 3D 7.38, Love Punch 5.94, Locke 5.31, The other woman 5.94, The monuments men 5.31 and cancelled another 5 for various reasons. Purchased a Cineworld Card, so I'm seeing a lot less free films as i am not travelling as far to see them.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning....well that and coffee"

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6398 Post by asamaic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:16 am

Welcome back, stone_monkey! o/

I went for a group run on Wednesday (2.5km x 2) and a parkrun on Saturday (5km). Felt like I was dying (legs still hurt from the Wednesday) but my running friends who know just how bad I am because they've watched me struggle for the past year or so remarked that I looked really good towards the end. I was only 5 seconds faster than the last fortnight, but my heart rate was significantly lower throughout according to my Fitbit. I also recovered a lot quicker after stopping - I think I'll take it as a positive.

Eating habits have been shockingly bad, but the steps have been good. Swings and roundabouts, eh?

Hope you all had a good weekend. o/
Preferred cinemas:

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6399 Post by ClareBarr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi all, not been on here for a while so I have some catching up to do on my reading of your posts! Pleased to say I've managed to maintain my half a stone weight loss, although I've eaten rubbish over the past few days so will have to be good from now on! Just enjoyed a free Krispy Kreme doughnut.....tsk tsk I feel bad now!!

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6400 Post by ClareBarr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 am

It's gone very quiet on here......