Prep for tonight's potentially destructive storm, folks

Chat about anything
TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

Prep for tonight's potentially destructive storm, folks

#1 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:26 pm

A storm is coming, Harry...

Keep safe overnight and morning, everyone. They predict a major storm across Southern England perhaps of the scale we had in 1987 which I remember well and was pretty destructive for UK standards.

Here's a check list: (powercuts might occur so charge up your phones and powertanks etc, dont have any loose objects lying around in driveway/gardens that could be blown away or smashing into windows, lock the garden shed and garaged doors etc)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24693145
Last edited by TheyCallMeMrGlass on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

havingascreen
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: edinburgh
I have tickets for: The Social Network
I haven't got tickets for: Narnia

Re: Prep for tonight's potentially destructive storm, folks

#2 Post by havingascreen » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:37 pm

keep safe my Southern Fmukers

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

#3 Post by canadian_turtle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Also make sure to check TFL or your train company if you're in the London area and commute into work, because I just found out that my trains likely won't be running until 9am or 10am...
:star: www.pagetostagereviews.com :star:

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)

deb1
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld Glasgow, Odeon Glasgow Quay, Odeon Braehead, Glasgow Showcase

#4 Post by deb1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Hope everything is ok.
Member Number 21 of the 100 Free Film Club of 2014.

Aiming for 100 in 2014.

73 films seen in 2013.

deb1
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld Glasgow, Odeon Glasgow Quay, Odeon Braehead, Glasgow Showcase

#5 Post by deb1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:45 pm

deb1 wrote:Hope everything is ok.
Makes the Scottish weather you've seen over the last week or so seem great! o/
Member Number 21 of the 100 Free Film Club of 2014.

Aiming for 100 in 2014.

73 films seen in 2013.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6 Post by Diane65 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 pm

canadian_turtle wrote:Also make sure to check TFL or your train company if you're in the London area and commute into work, because I just found out that my trains likely won't be running until 9am or 10am...
DD is on a very long journey on the train from Manchester to Northampton and all the boards are down plus she was waiting forever in Stoke for her delayed connection. Can't wait to get the text saying she's in her halls.

Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

#7 Post by Yinster » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Keep safe everyone who may be affected.
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#8 Post by asamaic » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 pm

The best place for tube updates is Twitter.
Transport for London's (TfL's) Twitter feeds include:

@TfLTrafficNews

Road users can follow @TfLTrafficNews for real-time traffic news on disruptions and congestion on all of London's major roads. It is the fastest way to find out traffic news along your route.

@TfLtravelalerts

This service provides real-time updates for all TfL's Tube, Docklands Light Railway (DLR) and London Overground services.

Individual Tube lines

Twitter users can now follow specific Tube lines for real-time updates on delays (minor and severe), the return to good service and accessibility information.
Feeds available for individual lines include: @bakerlooline, @centralline, @circleline, @districtline, @hamandcityline, @jubileeline, @metline, @northernline, @piccadillyline, @victorialine and @wlooandcityline.

Customers who use the Overground can follow @ldnoverground, and DLR passengers can follow @londondlr for updates on their line.

@TfLofficial

Twitter users can also follow @TfLofficial for official news and announcements from TfL.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

winitnow

#9 Post by winitnow » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Keep safe everyone. Hoping our garden fence is still standing in the morning. Also My Daughter is booked on a train from London too Birmingham tomorrow morning 9.30am. So I will be worried . My Aunt is in Bexhill on sea and they have high winds and the sea waves are very high at moment.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#10 Post by Diane65 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Diane65 wrote:
canadian_turtle wrote:Also make sure to check TFL or your train company if you're in the London area and commute into work, because I just found out that my trains likely won't be running until 9am or 10am...
DD is on a very long journey on the train from Manchester to Northampton and all the boards are down plus she was waiting forever in Stoke for her delayed connection. Can't wait to get the text saying she's in her halls.
Thank goodness she is back now. Took 4 hours and that's before the true storms have arrived.
Keep safe everyone.