Chat about anything
Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

WARNING - MUGGERS IN N1

#1 Post by Sunny Saver » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 am

I know a lot of you go to screenings in Islington, I saw this on my local community website. A lady posted this:

'My neighbour has been the victim of an attempted mugging twice over the Easter weekend in Goswell Road and Colebrooke Row. The culprits are two guys riding around on a scooter, mugging pedestrians as they go. They sound determined and quite violent. They ride along the pavement to get close to people walking along. My neighbour reported the incidents to the police. Please take care out there. I won't be using my mobile phone on the street anymore!'

I checked with my neighbour. These muggers are adults on a motor scooter and are highly organised. Reportedly they start in Shoreditch and make their way through Goswell Road, Colebrooke Row and Camden Passage to Wood Green. They ride onto the pavement and snatch pedestrians' belongings. The police know about them. Please be vigilant and take care when you're out and about. By the way, my neighbour was walking his dog the second time they targeted him - the dog wasn't a deterrent.'

Someone else said:
'I see them on St John Street and up through Myddelton Square. Hooded kids on push bikes up to no good. Stay vigilant.'

So it looks as if there are two gangs.

opas
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 157
Preferred Cinemas: Central London (All West End), East London (WIQ, Stratford), North London (Islington), South East London (Greenwich, Surrey Quays), Cineworld Ilford and West London (Shepherds Bush, Whiteleys)

Re: WARNING - MUGGERS IN N1

#2 Post by opas » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 am

Thanks Sunny Saver, unfortunately I saw someone get mugged in this way in Bethnal Green, near the London Chest Hospital about 18 months ago. The poor woman was a nurse at the hospital and was knocked down pretty badly as they grabbed her bag. It really could have been me as I was crossing the road and the scooter drove very close to me and I stepped back on to the pavement. The rider looked directly at me (face was hidden behind the helmet so couldn't identify him) but for some reason drove on and attacked the woman up the road. It's really awful. I wonder if it's the same gang or if they are linked. Shoreditch is not too far from that incident.

I'm very vigilant about scooters and bikes coming too close to me now.
Member No. 16 of the "100 free films in 2016" club
3 seen / 97 to go

41 films seen in 2015, 55 films seen in 2013, 72 free films seen in 2012
60 free films seen in 2011, 57 free films seen in 2010
51 free films seen in 2009, 47 free films seen in 2008