Get any Good DVD's for Christmas?

Chat about anything
valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

Get any Good DVD's for Christmas?

#1 Post by valda » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I like to get stuff from my Amazon wish list for Christmas or Birthdays, this way I get things I want but its still a surprise. I put lots of books and DVD's on there, and I didn't peek until I'd opened my presents on Christmas day, well Christmas night actually!

I got Terminator Quadrilogy, 300 special edition, Star Trek, Transformers 2, The Fast and The Furious 1 -4 Boxset, The Tudors season 3 and Merlin season 1. I'd also treated myself to the Hurt Locker, Moon, Take That The Circus, Russell Brand Scandalous and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. there's probably more, but I can't remember at the moment :oops:

Right now I've got the unenviable task of manually transferring my DVD/music database to a new system as my new laptop is not compatable with the old system I had. urgh nearly 700 entries to be done 8O
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

jmd1983

Re: Get any Good DVD's for Christmas?

#2 Post by jmd1983 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Wow that's a lot of presents! :)

I didn't get any dvd's for Christmas this year. Quite surprising as I usually get a few.

I gave several though!

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#3 Post by valda » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 pm

jmd1983 wrote:Wow that's a lot of presents! :)

I didn't get any dvd's for Christmas this year. Quite surprising as I usually get a few.

I gave several though!
LOL if you look, mostly they are from me to me :red:

I hope you got some other goodies then, and things that you wanted vx
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

jmd1983

#4 Post by jmd1983 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Yeah I got loads. Most importantly a Wii and Wii fit from my OH which are great! Have been playing on it since we came back 3 days ago. :)

Ms Thrifty

#5 Post by Ms Thrifty » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm dumbfounded - I only possess one single DVD that I actually requested as a present, and, 3 months on, I still haven't watched it. All the rest are those freebies given away with newspapers, which I've only kept in case I'm ever desperate. I have enough trouble fitting in all the films I want to see at the cinema, so when do you guys find time to watch DVDs, too?!

prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

#6 Post by prettyxcool » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Ditto Ms Thrifty.
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#7 Post by Diane65 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:02 pm

WOW I only have 7 which have been b*ght the rest are the same as Ms Thrifty out of newspapers.

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2

#8 Post by valda » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:11 am

LOL I've got about 400 DVD's at the moment. I love films and television and even though I don't sit there watching them religiously, I have to possess them. All of them are proper ones in boxes no newspaper ones or recorded from the TV. I used to work for a film company so we got a DVD allowance each month, plus if you knew the right people you could raid the cupboards when they were having a clear out.

Also, I'm single, not in a relationship, no big family, I don't go out much anymore, so this is my hobby. Hehe I'm a lot better than I used to be, I would save every issue of Empire magazine, since it started 10 years ago or something like that. Its gotten so I can't read the articles very well so have decided not to save them anymore. vx

lovesitx
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Sheffield

#9 Post by lovesitx » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:16 am

I got a couple of TV boxsets from my mum but not any film dvd's as the ones that i want i tend to b*y the week they are released as supermarkets tend to do them cheap for a week then put up the prices up.

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2

#10 Post by valda » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:01 pm

lovesitx wrote:I got a couple of TV boxsets from my mum but not any film dvd's as the ones that i want i tend to b*y the week they are released as supermarkets tend to do them cheap for a week then put up the prices up.
yeah Harry Potter was only £7.00 at Sainsubury's, I got the last one in the shop 8-)

I find that I usually order them from Amazon who are pretty cheap or I get them in from the USA if I really can't wait.

What TV shows did you get? vx