Any VHS collectors on FMUK?

Chat about anything
elixir01
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

Re: Any VHS collectors on FMUK?

#11 Post by elixir01 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:59 pm

My 3 year old niece spotted an animated version of Beetlejuice episodes in my VHS collection and is now obsessed with it, makes a change from Peppa Pig!

Streaming is great, but every time I want to watch something obscure from the late 90's it's not listed anywhere. I also hang on to some older VHS tapes for the trailers alone!

extendedpaul
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

Re: Any VHS collectors on FMUK?

#12 Post by extendedpaul » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 am

I have about 100 VHS which are all titles not issued on DVD. Mostly TV programmes and Music but a sprinkling of films, eg Buddy's Song, a favourite of mine.

There's a film starring Toyah called Julie and the Cadillacs also about the music business which wasn't even released on VHS. Anyone got that one ?

It is indeed true that charity shops won't accept VHS tapes. A friend had 300 he was taking to the tip recently. All very general films. I hated the thought of theml going to landfill and took them off his hands but gave up trying to get a charity shop to take them. The closest I got was "We have a policy of accepting all donations but don't sell video tapes", ie thanks but no thanks. Gave up eventually. I did get rid of them on Freecycle.