Snow

Chat about anything
Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

Re: Snow

#1061 Post by Diane65 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:25 am

Or possibly that I've gone mad. I had also treated my daughter to have hers done too and she's not as robust as myself so her teeth were chattering and she took a good half an hour to thaw out after her treat.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#1062 Post by asamaic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:56 am

OH informs me that the rain overnight turned into snow, and it has settled on the lawn.

I am refusing to look outside. If I don't see it, it's not there.

I think I'm just sticking to a local preview of Timothy Green this weekend, don't fancy venturing out in such rubbish weather.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 202

#1063 Post by bevvy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am

I must be mad! I'm off to the Globe theatre this afternoon. I think I'm going to need about 6 layers of clothing to sit outside for over 2 hours in this weather. I was half hoping it would be cancelled because of this mornings heavy snowstorm but if the actors are carrying on regardless I feel I ought to go along and support the.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#1064 Post by asamaic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:32 am

bevvy wrote:I must be mad! I'm off to the Globe theatre this afternoon. I think I'm going to need about 6 layers of clothing to sit outside for over 2 hours in this weather. I was half hoping it would be cancelled because of this mornings heavy snowstorm but if the actors are carrying on regardless I feel I ought to go along and support the.
You are braver than me and I grew up in this weather! :jawdrop:

Must be getting wimpy in my old age...
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en

#1065 Post by bevvy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:37 am

asamaic wrote:
bevvy wrote:I must be mad! I'm off to the Globe theatre this afternoon. I think I'm going to need about 6 layers of clothing to sit outside for over 2 hours in this weather. I was half hoping it would be cancelled because of this mornings heavy snowstorm but if the actors are carrying on regardless I feel I ought to go along and support the.
You are braver than me and I grew up in this weather! :jawdrop:

Must be getting wimpy in my old age...

I'm getting more reckless in mine!

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#1066 Post by The Sparrow » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:44 am

Did Bevvy survive??
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#1067 Post by The Sparrow » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:47 am

The most dangerous part in these snowy climes, is trying to step off a pavement. The edges are so icy.
Free Films Seen 2016

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en

#1068 Post by bevvy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:00 am

The Sparrow wrote:Did Bevvy survive??
Yes, I'm glad I went, I really enjoyed it. I didn't even use the blanket I had taken for the first hour or so as I was wearing so many layers (including OHs thermal longjohns). There was even a small baby in the audience, all wrapped up in a snowsuit.

I felt sorry for the actors though, especially Romeo, who had to brave a snowstorm in a sleeveless vest.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#1069 Post by Diane65 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:44 am

bevvy wrote:
Yes, I'm glad I went, I really enjoyed it. I didn't even use the blanket I had taken for the first hour or so as I was wearing so many layers (including OHs thermal longjohns). There was even a small baby in the audience, all wrapped up in a snowsuit.

I felt sorry for the actors though, especially Romeo, who had to brave a snowstorm in a sleeveless vest.
So pleased that you enjoyed it and I too would turn up no matter what. I love outdoor theatre but haven't been to one for years.

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#1070 Post by The Sparrow » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 am

bevvy wrote:

This sounds like such a wonderful experience despite or even because of the weather. I find I am wearing layers most of the time these days and that's just to go to the cinema!

A shame the actors couldn't borrow a few slankets, I'm sure Romeo might have appreciated one. ;)
Free Films Seen 2016