Rest in Peace

Chat about anything
andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

Rest in Peace

#1 Post by andrews » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Edward Woodward Dies

The Wicker Man actor Edward Woodward has died in hospital. He was 79.
The veteran actor was suffering from pneumonia and other illnesses while in Royal Cornwall Hospital.
His agent Janet Price said Woodward was "universally loved and admired through his unforgettable roles in classic productions such as Breaker Morant, The Wicker Man, Callan, The Equalizer and many more".
She added, "He was equally fine and courageous in real life, never losing his brave spirit and wonderful humour throughout his illness."
His recent film and TV appearances included Simon Pegg's Hot Fuzz and a brief stint in EastEnders.
He is survived by his wife Michelle and his three children.

Another wonderful person has left us.
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

BettyBoop

Re: Rest in Peace

#2 Post by BettyBoop » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:57 am

r i p ......memories of childhood television watched with my dearly departed mam x

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#3 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:17 pm

RIP Woodward. Brilliant name. Brilliant actor.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#4 Post by andrews » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Dambusters star dies.

Dambusters star Richard Todd has died. He was 90.
The actor, who had been suffering from cancer, died in his sleep at his Lincolnshire home. Todd was best know for his role as Wing Commander Guy Gibson in 1955's The Dam Busters, but he also starred in a number of classic films including The Longest Day, The Hasty Heart and The Big Sleep.
Michael Winner, who directed Todd in the latter film, said, "(He was) the best example of classic British screen acting. He was a very fine actor but his style of acting went out of fashion, which was a pity because his contribution to British movies was enormous.
"He was also a very, very nice person."
Todd was also earmarked to play James Bond but the role went to Sir Sean Connery instead after he turned it down due to work commitments.
As well is his screen work, Todd was a real-life war hero, and was one of the first British soldiers to parachute into Normandy on D-Day.

I loved him in the Dambusters. (There's talk of this being remade with Steven Fry taking a role)
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#5 Post by Beate » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 pm

I just learned that Brittany Murphy (Clueless) died this morning at the age of 32.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#6 Post by anakin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:21 am

NO WAY???!!! Oh my god!! So many young deaths this year!
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#7 Post by Diane65 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm

That is so sad, I heard it was a heart attack on the radio.

destresserai
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 581
Preferred Cinemas: Wimbledon, Kingston, Epsom, Wandsworth, Croydon Grants

Jean Simmons - RIP

#8 Post by destresserai » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 am

British-born Hollywood actress Jean Simmons dies at 80

Jean Simmons was one of Hollywood's most popular leading ladies
British film actress Jean Simmons, who played Ophelia in Laurence Olivier's Hamlet and sang with Marlon Brando in Guys and Dolls, has died aged 80.

Simmons, who won an Emmy Award for her role in The Thorn Birds in the 1980s, died at her home in Santa Monica on Friday, her agent told the LA Times.

She had been suffering from lung cancer for some time.

The actress, who moved to Hollywood in 1950, first made her name playing Estella in 1946's Great Expectations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8476400.stm

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

Re: Jean Simmons - RIP

#9 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Great Expectations was truly great while a young Jean Simmons was on the screen, her arrogant character stole the show from everyone else including John Mills and Alec Guiness. Then half way through the film she was inexplicably replaced by a different duller actress to portray the same character 10 years older whilst John Mills plays the same character both as teenager and adult, hence I never rate the film as much as others do. This was one of her earliest roles but its one that stands out for me.

RIP Jean Simmons, seems like she had a long productive life.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

jpeg
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: London, preferably Central London

#10 Post by jpeg » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 pm

RIP Ian Carmichael

Veteran actor Ian Carmichael – best known for his portrayals of upper-class toffs, including Bertie Wooster – has died aged 89.
Tributes were pa*d today to the star of film and television, who died peacefully on Friday at his Esk Valley home, on the North York Moors, after falling ill over Christmas.

Sir Michael Parkinson said: ‘He was a charming man and a very good comedy actor. At one time he was one of the biggest box-office stars in British movies.’

The actor, whose career spanned seven decades, appeared in such classic Fifties comedies as Lucky Jim, I’m All Right Jack and School For Scoundrels.

Ref: Dailymail