Chat about anything
SteveDan

Re: What Did You Watch Last Night?

#1771 Post by SteveDan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 am

Last Night Monday 26th
Cabin in the Wood at Westfield Stratford Vue
Eastenders (BBC3)
One Night (Excellent drama - BBC1)

Over the weekend revisited films - 21 and Bad Teacher...

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#1772 Post by raj101 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Homelaaannd. awesome stuff sails on into choppier waters. Damian Lewis's casting is a stroke of genius, hes just right for the Dad with dodgy secrets.

Finished the Bleak Old Shop of Stuff. The word that strikes you on watching it is Pratchett. Or an imitation of it, and I am sure there are lots of Dickens references I didnt get (since I tend to read books from recent centuries) and this was patchy but by no means was that a really bad thing. Theshow just needs some polish and editing, because often it clearly didnt work, which was a shame because when it worked, it was funny. I thought the cast actually tried really hard and were pretty good, just the material was inconsistent. I hope they commision a follow-up, the show has potential, and its obvious that is was meant for Xmas 2011 but it didnt make the cut this time.

Just deleted the whole of Watson and Oliver. Since they were (local to me) Kingston Tiffin Girls school girls I thought I'd give them a chance but it seems they left out the jokes from their 'sketch' show. Diabolical, Tiffin girls cant cut it (with the exception of Katherine Parkinson from Bleak Old Shop of Stuff lol). Totally at sea.

There was one thing worse than them on tv this week, and thats Titanic. a true wreck of a show.
Last edited by raj101 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#1773 Post by jojojoanne » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:19 pm

anyone see 'the syndicate' on bbc1? im watchin it now on iplayer ... its good

brettie
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Portsmouth, southampton, eastleigh, fareham
I have tickets for: nada

#1774 Post by brettie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 am

There was one thing worse than them on tv this week, and thats Titanic. a true wreck of a show.
I concur

hopefully it will sink fairly soon then :|
ImageImage
Member no.Image of the "100 free films in 2014" club,1 seen
Member no.15 of the "100 free films in 2013" club, 17 seen
Member no.15 of the "100 free films in 2012" club, 24 seen

SteveDan

#1775 Post by SteveDan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:24 am

Last Night

Four Rooms (Channel 4)
The Apprentice (BBC1)
One Night (BBC1 - Part 3)

Great night on the box and all terresterial !!

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#1776 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Puss in Boots Blu Ray. Still the most toe tapping and fun animated film of the year for me. There was also a follow up short on the further adventures of Puss in Boots which continues from the film. Its very funny, cute and just as fab as the film itself, although of course a lot shorter. 9/10 for the short and 9/10 for the film :)
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#1777 Post by valda » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

MGellatly wrote:I know it wasn't last night, and I'm not sure if it was shown throughout the UK, but I watched the programme "High School" on BBC 1 about life in Hoyrood High School, Glasgow. This episode concerned a group of senior pupils going to Malawi to help build classrooms for a school. I have to say I was moved to tears by the joy in the faces of the little children in Malawi who each received a back-pack full of goodies donated by the pupils. I have never seen so many children so happy . . . . the contents were pencil cases, coloured pencils, toothbrush, dress, t-shirt, etc. The Holyrood pupils were visibly moved by the poverty of the children and how much a simple thing such as a cup meant to them. The cup was essential as the children were given a meal when they attended school and often this was there only meal. The meals are provided by the charity Mary's Meals which was set up specifically to feed schoolchildren. If you get the chance to watch this programme . . . . .DO! It may be it was only on BBC Scotland at 9pm but you may be able to find it online. It was wonderful to see our young people affected by the lives of other children and not just looking after no.1. Their lives will be changed for the experience they had . . . and mine will be altered by having watched them!

Just going off topic a bit. A work colleague used to go to the schools quite often, and I used to go to the poundshop, and stock up on crayons and pencils for her to take over. You'd be amazed what £10 will do for these little kids

Stevedan I caught up with One Night this afternoon great stuff! Four Rooms and The Apprentice are fabulous fun - greedy people and idiots, what else do you need?
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

claire
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: westfieldlondon /shepherds bush / hammersmith/ wandsworth/whitleys/ west end / wimbledon

#1778 Post by claire » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

TheyCallMeMrGlass wrote:Puss in Boots Blu Ray. Still the most toe tapping and fun animated film of the year for me. There was also a follow up short on the further adventures of Puss in Boots which continues from the film. Its very funny, cute and just as fab as the film itself, although of course a lot shorter. 9/10 for the short and 9/10 for the film :)
I watched that too. o/
Still loved it. But my nephews weren't as impressed as first time
Member 58 of the "100 free films in 2013" club
64seen 36 to go

member No.58 of the "100 free films in 2012" club
57 seen
Member No. 64 of the "100 free films in 2011" club.

Rainey
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Torquay, Paignton, Exeter, Plymouth

#1779 Post by Rainey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Has anyone else been watching One Night on BBC, I just caught the last episode, it was chilling, such a sad little life, with the weight of the world on his shoulders Alfie had, Billy Matthews the boy who played the lead in this episode was fantastic, been working all week so missed the rest of it, will have to catch up on iPlayer.
Preferred Cinema's now Paignton or Exeter!

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#1780 Post by valda » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:12 pm

raineylb wrote:Has anyone else been watching One Night on BBC, I just caught the last episode, it was chilling, such a sad little life, with the weight of the world on his shoulders Alfie had, Billy Matthews the boy who played the lead in this episode was fantastic, been working all week so missed the rest of it, will have to catch up on iPlayer.
I came across this while channel hopping, why on earth was it hidden away and not really advertised? I can watch the IPlayer on my TV so watched the first ep that way as I'd missed it.

An amazing first job from Billy Matthews, its hard to believe that he's never done anything before. The whole cast actually were very good, and it is such an damning indictment of life for people in inner city areas. o/
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks