Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

Chat about anything
Vicodin

Re: Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

#5031 Post by Vicodin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Saw Hans Klok on one of the last nights that he was in London this year - thank you so much for a great evening :)

SteveDan

#5032 Post by SteveDan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Looks like more tickets available - DAMNED BY DESPAIR for tonight

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/123493

jem&theholograms
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Brixton Rizy, Covent Garden, West India Quay, Clapham Picturehouse

#5033 Post by jem&theholograms » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm

For those that got free Man on her Mind tickets from the no office, I just got this email, you may need to reschedule:

Unfortunately, The Man on her Mind will not be showing at The Charing Cross Theatre as of next week, the 8th October.

Performances up to and including the 6th October are going ahead as planned.

If you have tickets for a date from the 8th-27th October and would like to exchange your tickets for a date this week instead please get in touch with us at:

boxoffice@charingcrosstheatre.co.uk

or

08444 930 650

If you cannot make a date this week we apologise and will give a full refund where applicable.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#5034 Post by asamaic » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:50 pm

That's really sad, they must have really struggled with sales.

The play was ok, nothing exceptional, but sad to close it early!
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

cliveas
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#5035 Post by cliveas » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:55 pm

I think the fact that they were giving away tickets for the whole run was a clue that it wasn't going to make it to the end.

I have some spare tickets already booked for tomorrow.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#5036 Post by asamaic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 am

On the other hand... Damned by Despair, that is a play that does deserve to end early. It was very confused. Several people near me left half way through.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

pcRock
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Croydon

#5037 Post by pcRock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 am

asamaic wrote:On the other hand... Damned by Despair, that is a play that does deserve to end early. It was very confused. Several people near me left half way through.
Hear, hear! My bf and I saw Damned by Despair yesterday evening. Neither of us liked it. Several people sitting close to me left during the break too.

Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 8 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 18 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 30 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 24 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 43 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 54 seen

Ms Thrifty

#5038 Post by Ms Thrifty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 am

So it sounds as though (Sinister perhaps excepted?) neither free film (The Knot) nor free play was that watchable last night?

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#5039 Post by The Sparrow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 am

Ms Thrifty wrote:So it sounds as though (Sinister perhaps excepted?) neither free film (The Knot) nor free play was that watchable last night?
There were three free films last night. The Bond documentary was well worth watching. As was Liberal Arts in the afternoon.
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#5040 Post by asamaic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:40 am

Ms Thrifty wrote:So it sounds as though (Sinister perhaps excepted?) neither free film (The Knot) nor free play was that watchable last night?
I've seen Sinister, The Knot and Liberal Arts already. Given I'm not a Bond fan, I'll go with Liberal Arts for best free show yesterday.

I'm glad I stayed for 2nd act of Damned by Despair. It confirmed it wasn't me not getting the play, it was just really very not good at all. Struggling for constructive criticism here, anyone want to pitch in?

I didn't connect with any of the actors, thought parts were a bit hammy and there were too many special effects, perhaps to distance from the confused plot.

Does Bertie Carvall (sp?) normally sound like that?
Preferred cinemas: