Chat about anything
pcRock
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Croydon

Re: Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

#5041 Post by pcRock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 pm

asamaic wrote: Does Bertie Carvall (sp?) normally sound like that?
Is that the guy that played Enrico? My bf and I thought he was eventually going to come out of the closet and confess that he was homosexual. :roll:

Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 8 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 18 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 30 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 24 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 43 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 54 seen

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#5042 Post by asamaic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 am

pcrock wrote:Is that the guy that played Enrico? My bf and I thought he was eventually going to come out of the closet and confess that he was homosexual. :roll:
That's the one. Actually, I answered my own question, I found him on Youtube and that is not his normal voice. So it was deliberate to have a camp hit man! :confused:
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#5043 Post by anakin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Went to Crazy Horse last night. Wasn't quite what I was expecting... very glad to have gone for free when we were going to p*y anyway!

Tips if anyone does go. I got there at 7pm to pick up tickets for the 9pm show and they had Platinum tickets available - but they were really insistent on ID. I was picking up tickets for a few of us, so this proved to be difficult, and by the time there were enough of us to deal with this, we only got Gold which was still great I guess (all tickets available were seated). However, it's unallocated seating so there was a huge queue to go in and we got seats with slightly restricted view. Was fine though. But for best seats, get there early and queue early!

Keith Lemon, Kelly Brook and Professor Green were there too (in the Platinum section of course)!!
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

mandmc10
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#5044 Post by mandmc10 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

cliveas
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#5045 Post by cliveas » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Received from SFF:

Damed by Despair tonight Cancelled
We regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, tonights ticket allocation for the National Theatre has been cancelled. We do apologise for any inconvenience and will be sure to give you priority notice if we get another allocation.

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#5046 Post by jojojoanne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 pm

anakin wrote:Went to Crazy Horse last night. Wasn't quite what I was expecting... very glad to have gone for free when we were going to p*y anyway!

Tips if anyone does go. I got there at 7pm to pick up tickets for the 9pm show and they had Platinum tickets available - but they were really insistent on ID. I was picking up tickets for a few of us, so this proved to be difficult, and by the time there were enough of us to deal with this, we only got Gold which was still great I guess (all tickets available were seated). However, it's unallocated seating so there was a huge queue to go in and we got seats with slightly restricted view. Was fine though. But for best seats, get there early and queue early!

Keith Lemon, Kelly Brook and Professor Green were there too (in the Platinum section of course)!!

I thought the SFF tickets would be 'bar-standing', so that's good. Why wasn't it what you were expecting? Is it 'saucy' dancing with skimpy outfits?!! Also, how long is the Show? Is there an interval? And is it where 'Udderbelly' was? Soooooooooooo many questions!!! That should keep you busy for a while!!!

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#5047 Post by Beate » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm

There's a review a few posts up!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 1 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#5048 Post by jojojoanne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 pm

I saw 'The Man On Her Mind' this afternoon. Nothing marvellous. The fake American accents were a bit grating. Nice music during set-changes (mainly Sinatra - I was raised on Sinatra!!) two male stagehands started to waltz during one set-change, which was comical.

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#5049 Post by jojojoanne » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Beate wrote:There's a review a few posts up!
I know, I read that and also saw some clips on youtube but I wanted to know from 'one of our own'!! Cantina was said to be a bit 'near the mark', but it wasn't at all. There were warnings about nudity, but you just saw a quick 'flash' of a fella and it was all done in a jokey way.

cliveas
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#5050 Post by cliveas » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Saw ‘The Man On Her Mind’ on Wednesday. It’s an odd little play but really quite entertaining with some interesting little touches in the direction.

I think it was ambitious to stage it in a theatre of that size though; this being more the sort of thing that tends to get put on in a pub theatre. Of course you wouldn’t have got a set anything like that in a pub theatre. Speaking of the set this is the second play running that I have seen where an effort has been made to add to the stage scene changing. In ‘Our Boys’ you didn’t get the stagehands dancing with each other or interaction with the cast, but they were dressed as orderlies /nurses (the action taking place in a hospital ward).

On Friday I saw the understudy run of ‘Jumpy’. This hasn’t any of the innovation of some of the recent Royal Court productions to make it to the West End such as Enron or POSH, but then that is to compare it with some of the very best in recent theatre.

The subject matter is also hardly original, but then after all there is an almost inexhaustible rich vein of material to be had in the relationships of couples with each other and with their teenage children.

It is a very straightforward comedy and works well as that, in that it is very funny. It is also unfair to judge a production without the main stars and I suspect that the fabulous Tamsin Greig would bring the main role rather more to life.

I was very pleased to see that Doon Mackichan was performing and she certainly didn’t disappoint. I was also very impressed with Jill McAusland the understudy in the role of Tilly (the teenage daughter).