Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

Chat about anything
Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

Re: Free Theatre/Concert Tickets Discussion Thread

#5061 Post by Diane65 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 am

steve wrote:What Diane said. I would also like to thank AK for taking my son and myself on her ticket, Diane for driving (and not getting us lost) Sarah for her company and ejwrank for the chocolate.
I don't get us lost and I drive because girls are the best drivers!!

jcolombi
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington

#5062 Post by jcolombi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:04 am

I saw 'American Idiot: The Musical' last night. It's wasn't free but it was totally worth the price. The actors was good for most part (although some of the voices were shaky). The set was really good, loved all the TV Screens showing pictures. I also loved the fact that there was a live band on stage. The song were great (well, I am a massive Green Day fan) and there was some great songs from 21st Century Breakdown. The only dissapointment for me was the story, I didn't think it was as good as it could have been! I reccomend everyone that is a Green Day fan to watch this - you will not be disappointed.

9/10
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

A pony walks into the bar and whispers, "I'll have a beer, please." The barkeeper asks, "Why are you whispering?".
"I'm a little hoarse."

RickyRaj
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Road, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street, Holloway, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.
I haven't got tickets for: Any

#5063 Post by RickyRaj » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 am

I went to see the Crazy Horse, Forever Crazy show yesterday - different to other shows and very entertatining.

NOTE: I had secured tickets via Showfilmfirst but they had run out of tickets when I got there - which didn't make sense to me. Fortuneately I was at the front of the 'see if Showfilmfirst can allocate more tickets' queue and so myself and my + 1 were lucky enough to get a seated tickets.
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Rd, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Ave, Odeon Panton St, Holloway Rd, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

#5064 Post by canadian_turtle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 am

jcolombi wrote:I saw 'American Idiot: The Musical' last night. It's wasn't free but it was totally worth the price. The actors was good for most part (although some of the voices were shaky). The set was really good, loved all the TV Screens showing pictures. I also loved the fact that there was a live band on stage. The song were great (well, I am a massive Green Day fan) and there was some great songs from 21st Century Breakdown. The only dissapointment for me was the story, I didn't think it was as good as it could have been! I reccomend everyone that is a Green Day fan to watch this - you will not be disappointed.

9/10
That's excellent to hear! I have my tickets ready for when it comes here and can't wait :D

RickyRaj wrote:NOTE: I had secured tickets via Showfilmfirst but they had run out of tickets when I got there - which didn't make sense to me.
SFF tickets always state they are first come first serve and are no guarantee that you actually get in (they over allocate because people always book tickets even when they don't go and they don't want to end up with empty seats).
:star: www.pagetostagereviews.com :star:

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)

dottydizzle

#5065 Post by dottydizzle » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello, I'm going to see Forever Crazy tonight, it says 7:00 on the ticket but do you know what time they actually open the box office? I want to make sure I get a ticket! Any help much appreciated thanks! It's for the 7:30 show x

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

#5066 Post by canadian_turtle » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Do you mean "The Crazy Horse"? If your ticket states 7pm that is the start time. As for how early to get there... usually the ticket/email states the box office time, if not, email SFF :)
:star: www.pagetostagereviews.com :star:

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)

Octopus

#5067 Post by Octopus » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Oh btw, I went to see Jumpy (understudy) last week, at the Duke of York Theatre.
The mother - teenager relation was perfectly played! Even though I think the play was actually more about being a middle age mum, lost between desires and family, between starting a new life and keeping an established lifestyle.
Some moments were a bit too boring to me (and I didn't understand everything one of the actors said cause he had a strong accent), but it was entertaining and funny. Very English, too.
I would probably give it a 7/10.

loveCine
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Any cinema in London

#5068 Post by loveCine » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 pm

I went to see Sound of Migration yesterday. It was an interesting experience as altough i did not understand alot of what was being said and sang, i stayed til the end. Audience around me were loving it. HUGH MASEKELA has some nifty dance moves.
37 free movies seen in 2014 :)
35 free movies seen in 2013 :)

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#5069 Post by raj101 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:13 am

Flomotion at South Bank Centre - awesomely wierd dance/vocals/opera collaboration today. Watch out Bjork!

Daniel Pearl concert - touching concert in memory of the lost journalist, including a bevvy of church organ music - always wanted to hear that!

Crazy Horse - load of rubbish. left after 20 minutes.

Bizarrely, the free-est event was the best....
No, I do not want to see Bad Boys, ok?

LondonCityNights
Phase IV
Phase IV

#5070 Post by LondonCityNights » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Just reviewed 'Forever Crazy'. It's about as erotic as an autopsy.

http://londoncitynights.blogspot.co.uk/ ... south.html

Stay away from it at all costs.
Member No. 18 of the "100 Free Films in 2014" club 122 seen 8O
Member No. 18 of the "100 Free Films in 2013" club 100 seen :sunglasses:
http://www.londoncitynights.com - in depth film (and theatre, art, music etc) reviews.