The Diary Room

Chat about anything
Spanner

Re: The Diary Room

#2981 Post by Spanner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:52 pm

I treat myself to a yummy milkshake form shakeaholic before tonight's screening, honestly they are the best things in the whole world ever! they blend up anything and put it in your milkshake, stuff like dime bars, jaffa cakes and rhubarb and custard sweets wowee!!!! but then I spotted the most rank thing in the whole wide world..... they sell a MARMITE milkshake!! like errrr bleurgh :X

http://www.shakeaholic.com/

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

#2982 Post by Sunny Saver » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:42 am

a_person wrote:
Sunny Saver wrote: 1. What's a Brazilian blow dry? Bear in mind, I hardly ever let a hairdryer near my hair and am a wash, towel off and go girl, so explain in words of one syllable please.
1. Puts keratin back in my hair.
2. Also makes it look straightened for along time! (although I think it will go away as soon as it's washed.
Sunny Saver wrote:
2. This is the kind of cut I'm looking for, but a bit sharper and not so chippy choppy! Thanks a_person!!!
Glad to hear it sunnys!
Yesterday I sent hubby a link to various cinema tickets I wanted printed out and also the link to Posh Spice's haircut, which I wanted printed in colour to take to the hairdressers. He came home and I said 'Did you do my print outs?'... He said 'Yes, but why on earth did you want one of Posh Spice and in colour too?!!!!' :p. I think he thought I was becoming a groupie or something! :tears:

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en

#2983 Post by Sunny Saver » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:46 am

a_person wrote:Yeh but she said 4 days dem. I'll have to wash it before a week. It's going to bug me otherwise plus I'm due to go to a wedding on Saturday.... Can't be looking greasy.... :shifty:
Is this another wedding as I thought you went to one last weekend, or was it just the haircut for the wedding then?! If it's another one, are you really invited or are you a 'Wedding Crasher'? :P I thought that film was soo funny, especially when they started crashing funerals!

jpeg
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: London, preferably Central London

#2984 Post by jpeg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:52 am

Sunny Saver wrote:
jpeg wrote:
You can be twin sisters!!!!

Given that a_person has just spent two consecutive days at the hairdressers and I can't bear hairdressers to use any heating/styling/gel products on my hair and 'wash and go', a_person might find that comment insulting :cry:.
Awe well I can assure you...no insults were intended.

I have had many bad haircuts in my time as I always go to trainie hairdressers...however I always find everyone around me never sees it as bad as I do. I am sure a_persons haircut is nice...maybe just needs some getting used to or grow out a little so it shapes around your face better? I would not know as I have not seen it.

jpeg
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#2985 Post by jpeg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 am

a_person wrote:
Sunny Saver wrote: Given that a_person has just spent two consecutive days at the hairdressers and I can't bear hairdressers to use any heating/styling/gel products on my hair and 'wash and go', a_person might find that comment insulting :cry:.
I most certainly am not insulted!

Don't worry, we'll get jpeg to join us and we can become a triplet. ;)
o/ :cheer:

tilly
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Beckenham,croydon grants, central london,streatham, Wimbledon, shepherds bush,

#2986 Post by tilly » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 am

There is a screening Thursday so maybe we'll all be able to check out a_person's hairstyle and see how nice it is!!
Member 64 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 25 seen 75 to go
Member 64 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 27 seen 73 to go
Member 66 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 24 seen 76 to go

Cinema preferences: beckenham, croydon grants, central London
streatham, Wimbledon, O2
and at as a last resort wandsworth and shepherds bush

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en

#2987 Post by Sunny Saver » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:56 am

jpeg wrote: I have had many bad haircuts in my time as I always go to trainie hairdressers...however I always find everyone around me never sees it as bad as I do. I am sure a_persons haircut is nice...maybe just needs some getting used to or grow out a little so it shapes around your face better? I would not know as I have not seen it.
I always go to trainee hairdressers too, the free ones at Toni & Guy etc, the thing that annoys me is that they take so long and there's about 1 teacher for every 10 students. Also no student ever cuts it short enough! I'm forever saying 'shorter at the back, shorter at the back'.

jpeg
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#2988 Post by jpeg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 am

I had the worst haircut ever with a trainie hairdresser once...I had booked a haircut at a place and while I was walking around someone came up to me and asked if I would like a free cut...seeing as I was a student I was happy to take on the offer...I was taken to a Japanese hairdressing salon. He started everything off professionally...took my coat and bag, sat me down, washed my hair but when the cutting started..I felt horrible! He was being shown how to hold the scissors halfway through..I did contemplate leaving but I felt it was too rude. The result was an awful hair cut with one side longer than the other by about an inch. Looked terrible. Oh and it took forever...longest haircut ever! The professional hairdressers there seemed good though.

I now go to Videl Sassoon Training Salon for haircuts (Bond Street)...all the hairdressers there are not 100% new. They have all had at least 5 years experience cutting hair in a salon and have come their to learn the Videl Sassoon technique. The cut does take a long time though because the teacher has to ok each stage of the haircut.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#2989 Post by Beate » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 am

If I really have to go to a hairdresser in London, it's the local one who does my hair in 45 minutes for a decent price. I would never let a trainee loose on my hair, not even for free. You sit there for 3 hours and then it comes out all wrong. I have seen the results on a former flatmate - not pretty. Mostly I go back to my trusted hairdresser in Germany though, whenever I am over.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 65
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.
I have tickets for: Made in Dagenham
I haven't got tickets for: The Town; Despicable Me

#2990 Post by Demerara » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 am

a_person wrote:Remember not to use Sodium Chloride shampoos though dem cos that's just gonna get rid of the keratin. I b*ght my shampoo from them there and then and it was £9.95 and I was like yeh yeh at the time as I was in a rush to get out and only realised afterwards £9.95 for a f*king shampoo! :eek:
Yikes!!!!!!!! I've washed my hair twice already with a sodium chloride shampoo! :tears: Argh when I think I pa*d a fortune for my rebonding!!

Is the shampoo a Kerastase one? I thought it'd be cheaper online so I just ordered mine for the same price! At least it's free delivery! :red: