I wrote my car off on Wednesday

Chat about anything
BettyBoop

Re: I wrote my car off on Wednesday

#11 Post by BettyBoop » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Yes I think i will start counting safe trips when i do start to drive again x

It would be great if the premium bonds came in 3's because this is the 1st time I have won! lol

large marge
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 139
Preferred Cinemas: Dundee
I haven't got tickets for: Anything else!

#12 Post by large marge » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi BB
I share your pain. Image GWS

(I was thrown off my bike on Sunday and am suffering from a broken foot)
Please don't let it unnerve you - the longer you leave it until you drive again, the harder it will be.
ImageImage
Tell 'em Large Marge Sent Ya!

BettyBoop

#13 Post by BettyBoop » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:36 pm

large marge wrote:Hi BB

Please don't let it unnerve you - the longer you leave it until you drive again, the harder it will be.
Thank you for your support LM xxx Hopefully your foot wont take to long to heal. R U off work with it too?

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#14 Post by andrews » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Hope you are recovering from your ordeal.
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

moondance
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 188

#15 Post by moondance » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Is your car a proper write-off or just an insurance one -ie is it still safely driveable? I ask because some years ago a lorry went into my parked car and the insurance company said it was more costly to repair it than its worth and wrote it off as a class C write-off. This meant that they pa*d the market value according to them (it was too old to find a comparable for sale to give them another value but it was invaluable to us as it was a fairly unique 7 seater model and we couldn't get a similar replacement) but they let me keep the car and I continued to drive it without repairing the large dent in the rear side...... I then sold it a while later for £250.....

It may be that as the front of yours is probably damaged it is not ok to drive - but just a thought!
Preferred cinemas:
Central London and North London as far north as the Hampstead Everyman including Picturehouse Hackney/Notting Hill Gate - but not Wood Green and North Finchley as they are just a bit too far.

large marge
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 139
Preferred Cinemas: Dundee
I haven't got tickets for: Anything else!

#16 Post by large marge » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:28 pm

BettyBoop wrote:

Thank you for your support LM xxx Hopefully your foot wont take to long to heal. R U off work with it too?
Thanks BB, and yes I am. At A & E all they said was to keep it up for the 1st day or so & put ice on it. My boss said to get my GPs advice. I said I thought it might just be a few days, but when I saw him yesterday he said (after he picked himself off the floor laughing Image - he knows I'm a born-again biker) "YOU'VE GOT A BROKEN BONE! It'll take 6 weeks to heal! You're looking at 3 weeks before you can think about going back!"
So he signed me off for another 2 weeks. Can't argue with that. :confused:

Where are all the film previews when I could use them?
Hope you're feeling better soon.
ImageImage
Tell 'em Large Marge Sent Ya!

Cortone
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 1037
Preferred Cinemas: All York and Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford.

#17 Post by Cortone » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 am

Betty Boop and LM - you just need to watch all the DVDs you have been meaning to watch or work through all that is on Film 4, or read all the books which you meant to read. :book: :film: :book:

That bit sounds like fun - which will not cure the bumps and sore bits, but it is nice to have something positive.

Andrews - I am amazed at how you find the best images! They are always appropriate! o/

BettyBoop

#18 Post by BettyBoop » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:10 pm

andrews wrote:Image

Hope you are recovering from your ordeal.

rrr...this is cute! pleased i changed my name now xx you will have to show me how to do the pics!
Last edited by BettyBoop on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BettyBoop

#19 Post by BettyBoop » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:13 pm

moondance wrote:Is your car a proper write-off or just an insurance one!
Am not sure that its safe I should find out this week, but the whole front end is totalled! will keep you updated!

BettyBoop

#20 Post by BettyBoop » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:18 pm

I drove my husbands car today and it wasnt so bad, I only drove a short journey (5mins) to the local supermarket. I wasnt too nervous although i was very aware of everything on the road! and also i was more in pain with my back when i had to press the clutch.

Tomorrow is the biggie! I ve got to drop my hubby off at work and then travel on the A19 from Peterlee to Washington in rush hour! LOL not looking forward to that one at all!!