Welcome PM

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

Re: Welcome PM

#21 Post by AYBG » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:21 am

It's been a little over a week since the first users received their 2nd email, so it was time for some culling. A great feature of the mod is that it can send emails to tell people they've been deleted, making it clear that they're welcome to join again if they intend to participate. It reads as follows:
You have received at least two reminders from us in the recent past.

As there has been no interest/action on your part to participate in any activities at Free Movies UK it has been decided to delete your account from our site.

Please note that your account cannot be recovered should you wish at a later time to join us again. You would need to register a new account at that time.

--
Yours,
AYBG (cinephile)
One ex-user, a certain Neil Black with the username neilblack (the reason I'm writing this will become clear in a moment!) took the opportunity to reply as follows:
neilblack@****.com wrote:This is a stupid decision. It does take some effort to register with these sites, come up with a user name and remember a password. It is thus extremely annoying to be chucked off a site just because you didn't "participate". I enjoy browsing such sites and don't feel the ned to "participate" unless I have something worth saying, unlike some of the rubbish that you do read. Imagine if TV behaved in the same way? It would have very few viewers! I think I'll stick to your competition in the future. Far superior and not subject to such petty rules!
What a lovely chap!
Top 50 Poster!

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#22 Post by AYBG » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 am

I've sent a reply:
Well I don't know about your password but I'm sure your username took you quite a while to come up with. I apologise profusely that we ever asked you to do this.

I am also deeply sorry for thinking that FMUK is not like most forums, in that it provides a member-run service that requires member participation to perform, and I'm sorry for making this clear at various places across the site, including the email reminders. Besides the fact I should've realised how unfair it was to ask you to read the forum rules and guidelines, I regret my failure to understand that the site and it's members should exist only to serve Your Holiness.

I am glad you enjoy browsing sites that ask you to participate. Had I known this, I wouldn't have deleted you as I can imagine the void in your life now. I am glad that you have now found something worth saying. But might I enquire how you know I steal books out of bins?

Ho ho ho, yes indeed, TV would have very few viewers indeed if it required a contribution, such a licence fee. Very few indeed, you are quite correct. Indeed.

I'm curious as to what the competition you speak of is, since FMUK and subsections (of sites) that provide a similar service are to my knowledge non-profit and have no need to compete for more costly bandwidth use. Unless of course you mean 'competition' as in 'prizes' in which case I regret to inform you that we haven't had one in months, and if we did it would be members-only.

I am truly grateful that you have alerted me that other sites are 'far superior'. If you might forgive all my sins against you and point me in their direction I would be extremely grateful and would consider investing my life to inventing a time machine, so that I might come back before this conversation and stop myself from deleting you. Otherwise I shall regret it to the grave.

TTFN
Top 50 Poster!

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#23 Post by AYBG » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:54 am

Oo! A new email in my inbox! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning because it's from none other than our friend Neil!!
Who the hell mentioned that you steal books from bins? What a ridiculous thing to say. I am appalled that you saw fit to write such a rant (which I certainly could not and did not bother reading so you really wasted your time there!)
I am sorry that I wasted any effort at all in engaging with you. I should have left your email in my spam filter where it belongs.

You are a nasty piece of work and I do not want to hear from you again. You ought to be reported for your appalling attitude.
Top 50 Poster!

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#24 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 am

AYBG, you're bloody awesome! I was dying here doing an app, and reading your messages have me :rofl: :rofl2: ! Absolultely loving the sarcasm!!! Bloody brilliant! :winktongue: :bwl:

What an idiot, to say the least - You go out of your way to maintain a site and this is the appreciation you get? I'm suprised he was able to string an email such as that together; clearly he forget to read the "community driven" part or failed to comprehend this.

I sure do hope he attempts to join the forum again to see this message! And I hope, this sends out a message to other like-members (who I hope do not exist) in what happens when you abuse the site.

And what does he mean by competition?? What competition???? Most places posting tickets get their codes from here anyway!!!

P.S Is the asterisk what I'm thinking it might be? Ending in a K? :rolleyes:
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#25 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 am

P.S FMUK rocks!!!! There IS NO competition!!!

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#26 Post by AYBG » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 am

I'm glad you're entertained - I am too, tbh :D

Nah, the **** was just meant to hide his email address*. I wouldn't have posted his name either, if he hadn't revealed it to us all already with his username!!

*OK, you got me! I also wanted to show that he once again had the imagination to use neilblack as a username :)

Just sending our mutual friend a reply :D
Top 50 Poster!

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#27 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:09 am

AYBG wrote:I'm glad you're entertained - I am too, tbh :D

Nah, the **** was just meant to hide his email address*. I wouldn't have posted his name either, if he hadn't revealed it to us all already with his username!!

*OK, you got me! I also wanted to show that he once again had the imagination to use neilblack as a username :)

Just sending our mutual friend a reply :D
I don't know what to say AYBG, I'm still LMFAO!!! And to use that username.. wow, how difficult was that!

You must post your reply. Let everyone laugh at this fool. This is better than watching a free movie (well until a real hit comes along, that is :p)! Love your style of writing AYBG!!! You rock! ;)

Preferred cinema list:

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#28 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 am

AYBG wrote:Oo! A new email in my inbox! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning because it's from none other than our friend Neil!!
Who the hell mentioned that you steal books from bins? What a ridiculous thing to say. I am appalled that you saw fit to write such a rant (which I certainly could not and did not bother reading so you really wasted your time there!)
I am sorry that I wasted any effort at all in engaging with you. I should have left your email in my spam filter where it belongs.

You are a nasty piece of work and I do not want to hear from you again. You ought to be reported for your appalling attitude.
How would he know you're nasty unless he read it? So obvious he read it! And it wasn't wasted time - we here on FMUK are loving it!!

And if it was SPAM, why open it unless you think it's important (which in this case AYBG you clearly are to him!)?!! Another sign to show foolishness!

Nasty piece of work - you obviously got to him AYBG!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :bwl: If he can't take some sarcasm, goodness knows what he can take!!!

Bet you, in a couple of weeks or maybe less, like the loser he is, he'll join back on here under a different username. Let's see how long he survives without free movies...

Preferred cinema list:

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#29 Post by AYBG » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 am

Why thank you ;)

My reply:
Sir, I was taking your words in the prior email out of context, and placing them in an alternate context such as to achieve the effect of humour. I advise you go to bed as it doesn't take much sharpitude to see this. Alternatively I believe Gmail have an optional add-on which you might find useful:

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/n ... later.html

My Lord, if every site owner replied to emails (and with the same degree of friendlitude) the world would be a much better place. Is making the world a better place for our children appalling? Does it offend you?

Aww, there's no reason to apologise! Leave that to me!!

I wish I had a spam filter. I had no idea you could send ham-and-pork-based products through the internet, and I've never received such a delicious cyber-treat, but if I ever do I think having a filter for it is an excellent idea. It wouldn't be very nice if it got covered in the contents of other emails (you know, words).

I assure you I am not a piece of work as I am not a computer program, nor a replicant. Or am I? I will calculate the probability of this, though I doubt the results will match your hypothesis as everyone knows it's the replicant who uncovers other replicants. You're not a replicant, are you Mr Black?

My liege, might I request that you not report me. I have already received two written warnings from the police, and any more and they would put me on the naughty step. I don't like the naughty step. I'm begging you. Don't do it. Let me show you how sorry I am. Me love you long time.
Did I say I was like a kid on Christmas morning? Scratch that, I'm a high school girl waiting for my prom date. Can't wait for Mr Lovely's reply. :)
Top 50 Poster!

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#30 Post by a_person » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:52 am

AYBG wrote:Why thank you ;)

Did I say I was like a kid on Christmas morning? Scratch that, I'm a high school girl waiting for my prom date. Can't wait for Mr Lovely's reply. :)
Hahahaha, the reply is just as good as the first one! :bwl: This is brilliant motivation for me whilst doing apps! :rofl2: You know he's going to really fume over this!!! I bet he wasn't expecting that one!!! Good thing too - he's going to really regret getting rude in the first instance. Hope it teaches him a lesson or two. Would love to see if he responds or not!

High school girl waiting for a date or a kid on Christimas morning - who cares! Either way, I love it!

And to imagine him fuming, makes it all that better! If he does come back on here under a different username, that really makes him a spineless git (please don't tell me off for swearing! :kiss: )

Well done AYGB! If you were a kid, I'd give you a platinum star! ;)

Preferred cinema list: