Welcome PM

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

Re: Welcome PM

#11 Post by AYBG » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Well I think they should all be reminded first to give them a chance.
It's working so far - I reminded about 60 non-posters last night and I've just approved 13 posts :)
Some of them from the same users mind, but that's even better as it hopefully means they intend to participate :P
moondance wrote:Does that include times when we are away and don't access the site? How long do you have to be inactive and do you just get a reminder or a cull :twisted: :evil:
Those in the blog contributors group are protected by default. There's no threat of a regular being culled because it'll work out as follows

Reminds zero-posters after 7 days
Reminds inactive users after 28 days (unfortunately few holidays are longer than this :P )
Reminds activated but not logged in users after 15 days
Seconds second reminder 7 days after first

I'll keep the actual culling part manual as with this mod it only takes two clicks to cull up to 25 users, while retaining their posts by default. I'll be able to see who hasn't acted on the second reminder for how long and what type of reminders they got, so if I wanted to only cull those who hadn't acted on a 2nd reminder more than 7 days before, I could do it really quickly.
Basically it doesn't matter that I'm operating it - it's foolproof :D
Top 50 Poster!

Spanner

#12 Post by Spanner » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:16 am

so if for some reason we couldn't get online say puter was broken or we were going on a trek thru the ganges, you could hold off culling us til we get back online?

i like the auto welcome email idea and i like the auto culling, good work.

p.s. just outta sheer nebbiness could you put a copy of the welcome email here for us to have a butchers at?

moondance
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 188

#13 Post by moondance » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 am

Spanner wrote: p.s. just outta sheer nebbiness could you put a copy of the welcome email here for us to have a butchers at?
:p
Preferred cinemas:
Central London and North London as far north as the Hampstead Everyman including Picturehouse Hackney/Notting Hill Gate - but not Wood Green and North Finchley as they are just a bit too far.

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#14 Post by AYBG » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Spanner wrote:so if for some reason we couldn't get online say puter was broken or we were going on a trek thru the ganges, you could hold off culling us til we get back online?
It's 28 days before you're even reminded that you're inactive.
Spanner wrote:p.s. just outta sheer nebbiness could you put a copy of the welcome email here for us to have a butchers at?
Sure!
Subject: Welcome to "{SITENAME}"

{WELCOME_MSG}

Please keep this e-mail for your records. Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------
Username: {USERNAME}
Password: {PASSWORD}

Board URL: {U_BOARD}
----------------------------

Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you. However, should you forget your password you can request a new one which will be activated in the same way as this account.

Thank you for registering.

{EMAIL_SIG}
Top 50 Poster!

Spanner

#15 Post by Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

oh.
not much of a welcome is it?
i thought it was gonna be more based upon lucky's newbie pm, giving people links to things like introduce yourself and film discussion etc.

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#16 Post by AYBG » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Yes, well that would be the Welcome PM :p
Top 50 Poster!

Spanner

#17 Post by Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:38 pm

eh? I thought that WAS the welcome pm ?!?!?!?
whatever it is there's certainley a lot of new posters lately.

steve9872
SuperMember
SuperMember
Old post count: 456

#18 Post by steve9872 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Currently 708 zero posters out of 1078 members.
Member number 13 of the 100 free films in 2019 club. o/
My more realistic target is 80 :tears:
20 seen so far, Páid for 0
Movie list 2019
29 seen 2018 :X
53 seen 2017 :nono:
61 seen 2016 :tears:
86 seen 2015 8-)
71 seen 2014 :tears:
90 seen 2013 8-)
77 seen 2012 8-)
69 seen 2011 8-)
60 seen 2010 8-)

Looking forward to in 2019: (Jan) Glass (Feb) (mar) Captain Marvel, (apr) Avengers: Endgame ,(May) (jun) Dark Phoenix, MIB: International (Jul) (aug) The new mutants, (sep) (oct) (nov) Kingsman 3 (dec)

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#19 Post by AYBG » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:28 am

The Welcome PM is:
AYBG wrote:We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your computer. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from free previews to... Free Movies UK...!

Hello, [username] - now you're here you're about to see a hellava lot of movie previews, all free! Ready?

Later in this message I'll provide links for you to get started, but first please note the following... FMUK is community-driven, which means we'll need you to participate - if only in chat and discussion - if you want to receive free preview tickets. Don't be intimidated, everyone else is really nice and me, well I don't bite ;)

The best place to make your first post is on the Introduce Yourself thread. We'd love to know anything about you! Where are you from? How did you find the site? Have you seen any free previews before?
If you've never posted on an internet forum, while viewing a thread you'll need to click 'Post Reply', type in your message and click 'Submit'. See? That wasn't too hard, was it? :P
(Please note that you're first post will not show up immediately - it needs to be approved by yours truly first. This is to stop spambots. After your first post is approved, all your future posts will appear straight away)

Once you've introduced yourself, an easy way to get involved in chat is to post your thoughts on a film once you've seen it. If you've seen a film, e.g. Dorian Gray, there will be a thread named after it, in this case 'Dorian Gray', in the Film Discussion board. Just post a reply, exactly as you did before. We love to hear and share opinions :)

Getting involved in the forum is fun, and as an extra benefit the more posts you have made, the more likely other members will offer you tickets you've missed out on! Like I said, we're really friendly.

You'll need to read the following - now's the best time to. Don't worry, they're not long, and you'll gain valuable knowledge... not only about this site, but the world of free previews in general!
Introduction
About FMUK
How to see movies free
About the forum
Forum Rules

A particularly important rule is to not post chat in the Free Films board. This is a common mistake with new members. Please recognise that many members receive email notifications whenever there's a new post made in said board, so they can use codes while there's still tickets available. If you have any questions or comments about a Free Films post, please write it in the corresponding thread in the Film Discussion board. If you're not sure where to post something, the latter is the safe choice.

Oh, by the way, I'm AYBG - nice to meet you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send them to me or our moderator Beate using the forum's Private Messaging system.

Thank you for registering, and I really hope you enjoy both aspects of FMUK - the chat and the free previews themselves - as much as we do!

Peace.
The reminder email is
Dear [username],

You registered on Free Movies UK a little while ago.

We have noticed that to date you have not yet participated in the community
and posted in any of the forums.

FMUK is a community-driven site, which means everyone should get involved
in some form.

Please take some time to have a look at some of our recent topics on
http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum which you may find interesting to get involved
in.

Why not introduce yourself to the rest of the community. This is normally
the first ice-breaker:

<http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21>

We also ask that at the least you post your thoughts on the free previews
you see, in the relevant threads in Film Discussion.

Note that your account will be deleted 14 days from now if you haven't
posted by then.

We wouldn't ask if it wasn't necessary. If you no longer wish to be a part
of the FMUK community, please email aybg@fmuk.org.uk with the subject line
'Delete Me'.

--
Yours,
AYBG (cinephile)
Top 50 Poster!

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#20 Post by Beate » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:12 pm

That sounds great!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen