How to make spoiler tags?

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
Ms Thrifty

Re: How to make spoiler tags?

#11 Post by Ms Thrifty » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:23 am

Off-topic, but what I (as a barely IT-literate person) would really appreciate is a very simple guide on how to do the IT part of ticket-swapping. I can't find this anywhere on the site and though I can print a ticket if someone kindly sends me one, it has been very hit and miss when I've sent them to others and more often than not, I've had to rely on e-mailing them, which then depends on the parties concerned being willing to exchange e-mail addresses. Even if it's just for me, a stage-by stage idiot's guide would be invaluable. Other things are explained in detail but those who do know how to do things may not realise that others don't. I did ask a question about this and received a helpful reply, but it couldn't hurt to include this in the guidance in case I'm not the only one, but perhaps the only one to admit to it.

steve9872
SuperMember
SuperMember
Old post count: 456

#12 Post by steve9872 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 pm

1) Open the link in the email SFF or tellten sends you.
2) Stop it printing and click in the address bar to highlight it.
3) Copy the address and paste into any message.
Member number 13 of the 100 free films in 2019 club. o/
My more realistic target is 80 :tears:
20 seen so far, Páid for 0
Movie list 2019
29 seen 2018 :X
53 seen 2017 :nono:
61 seen 2016 :tears:
86 seen 2015 8-)
71 seen 2014 :tears:
90 seen 2013 8-)
77 seen 2012 8-)
69 seen 2011 8-)
60 seen 2010 8-)

Looking forward to in 2019: (Jan) Glass (Feb) (mar) Captain Marvel, (apr) Avengers: Endgame ,(May) (jun) Dark Phoenix, MIB: International (Jul) (aug) The new mutants, (sep) (oct) (nov) Kingsman 3 (dec)

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#13 Post by Beate » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Copy with Ctrl + C, paste with Ctrl + V.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

Ms Thrifty

#14 Post by Ms Thrifty » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 am

These two versions are fine - if you understand what "copy and paste" means. Don't forget that not everyone does - hence my suggestion for a really basic guide.

Beate
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#15 Post by Beate » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 am

That is as basic as it gets!

Ms Thrifty

#16 Post by Ms Thrifty » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:46 am

OK, I will give up after this, but not everyone will know how to access the tools you mention. It does invlove clicking on various things.

Beate

#17 Post by Beate » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:52 am

I think that people who managed to sign up for an internet forum can usually be expected to know some basics like how to click on a link.

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#18 Post by andrews » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:54 am

Ms Thrifty wrote:Off-topic, but what I (as a barely IT-literate person) would really appreciate is a very simple guide on how to do the IT part of ticket-swapping. I can't find this anywhere on the site and though I can print a ticket if someone kindly sends me one, it has been very hit and miss when I've sent them to others and more often than not, I've had to rely on e-mailing them, which then depends on the parties concerned being willing to exchange e-mail addresses. Even if it's just for me, a stage-by stage idiot's guide would be invaluable. Other things are explained in detail but those who do know how to do things may not realise that others don't. I did ask a question about this and received a helpful reply, but it couldn't hurt to include this in the guidance in case I'm not the only one, but perhaps the only one to admit to it.

I've made it as simple as I can. I hope these instructions will be of use to someone.

1. You have a ticket for another member.
2. This ticket is in your e-mail inbox.
3. Open the link so that you see the full ticket on screen.
4. Go to the address bar at the top, and copy it by highlighting it (left click of mouse), and then right click (select copy)
5. Close down the screen.
6. Open FMUK website and log in.
7. Go to Messages, and compose a message. Select recipient.
8. Right click on the mouse to paste the link.
9. Add a message and send.
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cortone
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 1037
Preferred Cinemas: All York and Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford.

#19 Post by Cortone » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:26 am

Glad you went through all these steps, andrews, as I have often to explain the very basics to my sister, who thrives on being useless on the computer. You cannot take anything for granted.... and one of these commands is 'copy', which she took to mean 'write down' and then retype! :wall: :wall:

In her defence, I only just realised that one of her problems is that she is left-handed. She - and her Gen Y kids - did not realise that you can reconfigure the mouse for this. But then, it makes giving telephone support that has left and right clicks very difficult!!

Ms Thrifty

#20 Post by Ms Thrifty » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:18 am

I think this is very clear, comprehensive and helpful, and I'm grateful for Andrews for posting it. I still think it would be appropriate to include it in the guidance on "Swap Central", since swapping tickets is one of the main activities on the site, but at least it's now here for all to see.