Editing of posts

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
newdot
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 0

Editing of posts

#1 Post by newdot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am

I made a post today on the free films board re: "I'm so excited", which included a credit to the person who originally found the code on moneysavingsexpert.com.

That credit has been deleted from my post. I personally think that crediting correctly is the polite thing to do, so am at a loss as to why my post was edited.

I'm sure that if I have broken a rule, someone will kindly enlighten me.

RickyRaj
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Road, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street, Holloway, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.
I haven't got tickets for: Any

Re: Editing of posts

#2 Post by RickyRaj » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am

newdot wrote:I made a post today on the free films board re: "I'm so excited", which included a credit to the person who originally found the code on moneysavingsexpert.com.

That credit has been deleted from my post. I personally think that crediting correctly is the polite thing to do, so am at a loss as to why my post was edited.

I'm sure that if I have broken a rule, someone will kindly enlighten me.
Interesting point Newdot. I occasionally look on Money Saving Expert and have seen credits to FMUK members for codes.
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Rd, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Ave, Odeon Panton St, Holloway Rd, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#3 Post by The Sparrow » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:12 am

If you think one of your posts has been unfairly edited, I suggest you send a private message to the Admins asking them rather than making new threads such as this!
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

Avisute

#4 Post by Avisute » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:24 am

The Sparrow wrote:If you think one of your posts has been unfairly edited, I suggest you send a private message to the Admins asking them rather than making new threads such as this!
Yes because heaven forbid anyone should be allowed freedom of speech to express their personal experiences and views in a public forum... :roll:

The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2

#5 Post by The Sparrow » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:27 am

It has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. Accusations are being made, they should be addressed to the Mods before accusing people.

This is the fairest site on the Internet for ensuring people are given credit for finding codes which is more than can be said for other forums.
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

newdot
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6 Post by newdot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:00 pm

The Sparrow wrote:It has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. Accusations are being made, they should be addressed to the Mods before accusing people.

This is the fairest site on the Internet for ensuring people are given credit for finding codes which is more than can be said for other forums.

I am asking a simple question regarding the site rules. I have "accused" nobody of anything.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#7 Post by Beate » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

I agree that crediting is the polite thing to do and I can only assume that one of the moderators did it by mistake. Next time please PM them to ask.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen