Back!

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

Re: Back!

#61 Post by AYBG » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Spanner wrote:could we not still proceed as first suggested, even if we do have to be patient and it takes time
Are you serious?!
You'd want to muck up the board, just for the sake of a meaningless number next to your username?
Jeez.
Top 50 Poster!

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#62 Post by Beate » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:26 pm

In what way is it mucking up the board? And maybe for some people the number is not meaningless!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#63 Post by AYBG » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Oh yeah and 42 is the meaning of life. :|
Top 50 Poster!

blackmidnight

#64 Post by blackmidnight » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:22 pm

well I'd rather have the board and no post count than not have the board although I can understand why some people would want it. And maybe not having a few people with thousands of posts might encourage some new people to contribute. I'm happy whatever.

Spanner

#65 Post by Spanner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:23 pm

AYBG wrote:
Spanner wrote:could we not still proceed as first suggested, even if we do have to be patient and it takes time
Are you serious?!
You'd want to muck up the board, just for the sake of a meaningless number next to your username?
Jeez.
oooo hark at you! you lost yer handbag or something? sorry m'lord, but us lesser mortals didn't understand all the gobbledegook that had gone before, not everyone speaks computer y'know! and as Beate says to some people it is not meaningless, it represents the time and effort they have spent contributing towards the site, but carry on with that attitude and I'll not bother in future thank you very much. Yes I understand you may well be tired and I acknowledge and am grateful for all the efforts you and others have put in during the last few days to try and get everything up and running again, but no I don't think my statement warranted a response like that.

Brilliant Trees

#66 Post by Brilliant Trees » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Found my way back at last !!!!

Let me start with a THANK YOU to AYBG o/ for getting us a stable platform. The last month or so has been POO and if this is gonna keep things running then I guess we can all wait a while for the bells and whistles.

OK now for the contentious stuff :p While I can understand entirely peoples attachment to the Old Site and the history behind the hard won "rankings". They are, after all, only a number. Surely the most important thing is that we can get Free Codes and talk to one another again.

The rankings aren't worth much if the sites always down after all and I for one know who the regulars are anyway.

The other thing is that the regular posters will soon be apparent and will be back "at the top of the tree" soon enough. Mind you who is this imposter (a_person) coming in at number 3 in the charts, come on Andrews bump this newbie down :D

That concludes the sermon ;)

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#67 Post by phunkygal » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:01 pm

I keep getting a message about how im not allowed to post so soon after posting another post how many secinds before we can post again then?

Brilliant Trees

#68 Post by Brilliant Trees » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:04 pm

phunkygal wrote:I keep getting a message about how im not allowed to post so soon after posting another post how many secinds before we can post again then?

have you just invented a new measure of time (secinds) all for yourself ??? :D

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#69 Post by phunkygal » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:07 pm

yes its a personal measure of my time - hence the 'I' instead of the o :D

my typing on lappy is blimming awful :wall:

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA

#70 Post by AYBG » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:28 pm

phunkygal wrote:I keep getting a message about how im not allowed to post so soon after posting another post how many secinds before we can post again then?
Ah, that'll be the default phpbb3 settings - I'll alter them...
Top 50 Poster!