Rate this film

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
Message
Author
User avatar
AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:39 pm
Old post count: 4439
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: Rate this film

#11 Post by AYBG » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:10 am

I'd just like to say thanks to Preston1990 for all the front-site posts he's made recently!
Top 50 Poster!

User avatar
Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Posts: 21923
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Rate this film

#12 Post by Beate » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:26 am

I've just looked and some of the upcomping previews like Swinging with the Finkels, Tamara Drewe, The Hole 3D, Cyrus, Going the Distance and Made in Dagenham seem to have disappeared from the home page loop - does that happen automatically once new ones are posted as you can only have so many there in a loop?
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2018" clubs. 817 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen
Image

User avatar
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.
Location: North East

Re: Rate this film

#13 Post by Preston1990 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 pm

AYBG wrote:I'd just like to say thanks to Preston1990 for all the front-site posts he's made recently!
Thanks for the Thanks AYBG! ;)
Beate wrote:I've just looked and some of the upcomping previews like Swinging with the Finkels, Tamara Drewe, The Hole 3D, Cyrus, Going the Distance and Made in Dagenham seem to have disappeared from the home page loop - does that happen automatically once new ones are posted as you can only have so many there in a loop?
Yeah - The home page only cycles those screenings that are included on the first upcoming previews page. So when we have a lot (as we have now) the "older new screenings" (?) appear to disappear! :p

Question for AYBG - Can the home page length be increased so that all the upcoming preview films are included and thus cycled, or alternatively, can the cycling mechanism be amended to include all films on multiple upcoming preview pages? Also it would be great if we could lose the word "Archive" in the title of the "Upcoming Preview" page. It grates on me everytime I see it but I cant find out where to edit it.

User avatar
Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Posts: 21923
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Rate this film

#14 Post by Beate » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:04 pm

That would be fab as at the moment we only seem to have "old" films in our Upcoming previews. Not that that's your fault, Preston, you're doing a great job.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2018" clubs. 817 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen
Image

User avatar
AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:39 pm
Old post count: 4439
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Re: Rate this film

#15 Post by AYBG » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 am

Preston1990 wrote:Question for AYBG - Can the home page length be increased so that all the upcoming preview films are included and thus cycled
Yup, done.
Preston1990 wrote:Also it would be great if we could lose the word "Archive" in the title of the "Upcoming Preview" page. It grates on me everytime I see it but I cant find out where to edit it.
I'd like to change that too - unfortunately I don't know how...
Top 50 Poster!

User avatar
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.
Location: North East

Re: Rate this film

#16 Post by Preston1990 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:43 am

Good work AYBG! o/

Post Reply