Discuss movies (including free films)
phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: Avatar

#41 Post by phunkygal » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:39 pm

yes i know that what im saying - when the trailers out on thursday its not gonna spoil the 17 minute preview if its only 2 minutes

JordanFRAV

#42 Post by JordanFRAV » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:25 am

You have to remember that it is also a teaser trailer, so you can guarantee it will contain very little actual material from Avatar itself (I wouldn't be surprised if a minute was left there simply to plug Cameron's name and the fact that it his first film since Titanic way back in 1997). On Avatar-Day itself, why not. It'll give me a taste of what to come, and with the running time around 2hrs 40mins (maybe even longer!) for the film itself, I doubt it'll give too much away...

nath789
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#43 Post by nath789 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:13 pm

as its 'avatar day' do you think the cinema's will be giving out any freebies or avatar merchandise? something to take the pain away of only watching 16 mins
Member No. 31 of the "100 free films in 2009" club. 29 seen/71 to go Frost/Nixon, Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist, Changeling, Hotel For Dogs, Confessions of a Shopaholic, The Young Victoria, Slumdog Millionaire, Marley and Me, Knowing, The Boat That Rocked, I Love You Man, Fast & Furious, State of Play, The Uninvited, Anything For Her, Night At The Museum 2, Looking For Eric, Gigantic, The Hangover, Sunshine Cleaning, The Proposal, My Sisters Keeper, Public Enemies, Bruno, The Taking of Pelham 123, Inglourious Basterds, The Final Destination, The Soloist, Up

heritage2181

#44 Post by heritage2181 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:22 pm

I hope so! I'm really wondering if it's worth a trip to the BFI IMAX at 10am on Friday morning...

lailamaristani

#45 Post by lailamaristani » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Well thanks to "phunkygal" *hi-five* i have tickets for the west end vue screening on avatar day! hopefully it will live up to th e high expectations i have of it! i'm thinking i shouldn't hope for too much from just 15 mins though! still pretty excited! =)

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#46 Post by AYBG » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 am

I have a feeling this'll be like a rollercoaster ride - and if it's as good as the Comic Con reception would suggest, it's the kind you'd want to go back on straight again. With that in mind I've just booked tickets for the second screening as well :twisted: muhaha
Top 50 Poster!

tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

#47 Post by tonethestone » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:55 am

Saw 7 mins at movie-con, was amazing, can't wait for more Fri.
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

owichmann
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld and Odeon Milton Keynes

#48 Post by owichmann » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks to "phunkygal" too, I have tickets to 10am Avatar screening at BFI Imax!! I am hoping for big things - pun intended - for this movie and am keeping fingers crossed that this brief preview will deliver. We shall see...
Anyone else going to the BFI for 10am?
Films 2010: It's Complicated, The Boys Are Back, The Lovely Bones, The Princess and the Frog, The Wolfman, The Blind Side, Date Night, Death at a Furneral, Heartbreaker, The Karate Kid, The Rebound, The A Team, Knight and Day, Going the Distance, The Last Exorcism, The Switch, The Runaways, Tamara Drewe, The Kid, The Town, Made in Dagenham, Life as We Know It, The Social Network, Let Me In, Tron Legacy preview, Unstppable, The American.
Films 2011:The Next 3 Days, Morning Glory, The Dilemma, Tangld 3-D, The Fighter, Rabbit Hole, Chalet Girl x 2, West is West, I am Number 4, Lord of the Dance 3-D, Hall Pass, Paul, Everywhere & Nowhere, Water For Elephants, Hop, Mother's Day, Horrible Bosses, Mr Popper's Penguin, Super 8 x 2, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Footloose, Real Steel, The Help, Captain America, Machine Gun Preacher, Moneyball.
Films 2012: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Lady.

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#49 Post by phunkygal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 pm

trailers out but i have no sound at work!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#50 Post by AYBG » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Is it just me or is it not working?
Top 50 Poster!