Discuss movies (including free films)
misseypootle
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Sheffield Cineworld Sheffield Vue

Re: Avengers Assemble

#211 Post by misseypootle » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Yay, what a film! I am not really a fan of Super Heroes type films, but this one blew me away. It was far far better than I imagined, and the heroes were well set against each other. I wondered if it would be just too much with them all in one film, but boy does it work! I thought the 3D at the beginning was somewhat blurry with fast moving images appearing out of focus but once the CGI kicked in it was fab and I do not normally like 3D films but this really worked well. I went to Sheffield too, and got a nice comic thrown in for free. Glad to see it was in a decent sized screen to accomodate everyone. What a fab cinema this is really it is the best in the area. Well done Sheffield for a very organised, well shown film, all in all this deserves 10/10. PS for next time, Steve the seating is on a plaque outside the cinema door which shows how many it holds. Save you counting LOL x
Member Number 36 of the 100 free films in 2011 club 49 seen 51 to go

Deni

#212 Post by Deni » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:58 pm

valda wrote:More later, but I have to give credit to the security team. What a smooth operation giving in and getting back the phones o/
Speaking of organization, I have to mention the "checking of tickets"
- someone collected the tickets, nobody checked them
- I could have printed my sky ticket 20 times, given it to 20 people, nobody would have noticed
- no guest list for competition winners, someone I know used another person's competition winner SFF pin to book themselves a ticket, no problem getting in, no id checking against the ticket either

Honestly, I could have printed a picture I drew on paint and I think I would have gotten in.

P.S. This is not a rant btw, just an observation :D

---

Loved loved loved the movie! Even more than I expected!

---

Lovely to see a few FMUKers!

Jayman
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#213 Post by Jayman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am

I should mention this - we first went towards the Sky Superscreen at the O2 (thinking it was cinema 7 upstairs) and there happened to be a guy there scanning everyone's tickets before letting them in. All this security for Elfie Hopkins, but the screening for The Avengers didn't have any such thing. Just some guy walking up and down with a bunch of print outs.

The mind boggles.
ImageImage

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#214 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:06 am

Wow, I am seeing a lot of critic reviews flowing on the web with not one of them giving less than 4.5/5 or 9/10 and now you guys pretty much giving it the same score, this is exciting me to an unhealthy levels. I havent been on the forum for a while but just had to come here first to hear your responses on this one. Sounds like Joss Whedon will finally get more respect from the hollywood execs to be given what project he wants from now on...maybe! Glad to hear you all had a blast with this tonight. Cant wait to see this next Wednesday.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Hey drop that choc chip Brownie...
I said drop the brownie...now! Good, now drop by the Weight Watchers thread
and have fun getting healthier and fitter :D

Celini
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Any central London locations, Islington, Holloway (plus Hackney, Clapham and Greenwich on weekends)

#215 Post by Celini » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:08 am

and a 5/5 from HeyUGuys!!
My 2014 Unlimited Films: 11/100

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#216 Post by a_person » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:08 am

Lol @ deni & Jayman. They need to get their priorities right, right? :roll:

So how did comp winners get in without any guest list? They made sound all high security guest list + ID for Greenwich.

Also deni, they do make a check against the tickets afterwards (I actually had a chat with them once and they were telling me) so if you did print the same ticket 20 times, although you might have got into the screening at that point, you'd probably find yourself deleted for the future so I wouldn't recommend it!
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

Jayman
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#217 Post by Jayman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 am

a_person wrote:Also deni, they do make a check against the tickets afterwards (I actually had a chat with them once and they were telling me) so if you did print the same ticket 20 times, although you might have got into the screening at that point, you'd probably find yourself deleted for the future so I wouldn't recommend it!
I have to admit, I have on occasion seen the Sky peeps reconciling tickets with a list shortly before the movie starts, and probably while it's in progress too.
ImageImage

hopeprince
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford East PH, Vue Stratford City, Greenwich (The O2, PH and Odeon), Islington, Ilford, WIQ, Holloway Road, Wood Green and anything east or central London.

#218 Post by hopeprince » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 am

I am still buzzing!

Its awesome, sensational, spectacular and unbelievably good. I Loved it and its the best superhero movie I have seen.
10/10

Lovely to see some fmukers
Member No. 26 of the "100 free films in 2013" club.
29 seen in 2013
77 seen in 2012
101 seen in 2011
Cinemas in order of preference: Stratford East PH, Vue Stratford City, Greenwich (The O2, PH and Odeon), Islington, Ilford, WIQ, Holloway Road, Piccadilly Circus and anything east or central London.

Deni

#219 Post by Deni » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 am

@a_person, not that I would ever do it, but good to know ,thanks :D

Re guest list, nope, no guest list, just the SFF ticket. Having an SFF ticket apparently proved you are a comp winner. As the guy in the orange shirt collecting the print outs said "oh the Fcaebook thingy" :D :D :D

Again, I don't mind at all, but I simply cannot find the logic in allocating the big screen to EH and being strict for that screening, but being totally chillaxed about AA and using a smaller screen :D :D :D

hopeprince
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford East PH, Vue Stratford City, Greenwich (The O2, PH and Odeon), Islington, Ilford, WIQ, Holloway Road, Wood Green and anything east or central London.

#220 Post by hopeprince » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 am

[spoiler]Coulson didnt die. http://www.craveonline.com/film/article ... 3-and-more
Nick Fury's idea of a push[/spoiler]
Member No. 26 of the "100 free films in 2013" club.
29 seen in 2013
77 seen in 2012
101 seen in 2011
Cinemas in order of preference: Stratford East PH, Vue Stratford City, Greenwich (The O2, PH and Odeon), Islington, Ilford, WIQ, Holloway Road, Piccadilly Circus and anything east or central London.