Avengers Assemble

Discuss movies (including free films)
canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

Re: Avengers Assemble

#21 Post by canadian_turtle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:37 am

Flabber wrote:Best I start catching up on these then...
So thats Iron Man, Hulk and Thor done... just a few more to go o/
I've still only seen Captain America, I better start hurrying up!
:star: www.pagetostagereviews.com :star:

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#22 Post by Jayman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 pm

canadian_turtle wrote:
"Captain America" and "Thor" were just OK (imho), and "Iron Man 2" was the absolute pits.
"Iron Man 1" and "The Incredible Hulk" were both fantastic.

I hope Whedon delivers the goods. He hasn't had a single box office hit so if he fails with this, his career will be officially over.
I'm loving the visuals so far but hating the corny dialogue.

Only time will tell.
ImageImage

hotlondon

Re: The Avengers (2012)

#23 Post by hotlondon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Beate wrote:New German Trailer For The Avengers Bringt Die Bang Bang http://bcool.bz/tySBGr

I gave bleedingcool the following translation of the whole dialogue just now as their's was incomplete:

0:03 Voiceover: In the end everyone is responsible for themselves.

0:16 What are we going to do?
0:19 We are getting ready.
Thanks Beate the beautiful german!! I have to say though, the german voiceovers sound really funny. They don't even have the same voice tone as the real actors.

"We have a hulk". Seriously, what's the hulk's weak point? Nothing, except maybe dumbness. Point to Marvel, stop changing the actor for the HULK. Edward Norton was the best! p*y him what he wants in order to maintain continuity for Bruce Banner.
Last edited by hotlondon on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#24 Post by Jayman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm

hotlondon wrote:"We have a hulk". Seriously, what's the hulk's weak point? Nothing, except maybe dumbness. Point to Marvel, stop changing the actor for the HULK. Edward Norton was the best! p*y him what he wants in order to maintain continuity for Eric Banner.
Ahem, it's Bruce Banner. ;) Eric Bana played him in Ang Lee's version.
BTW, I think they tossed Ed Norton because he doesn't play well with other actors, writers and directors & occasionally attempts to hijack productions. I think he did so with "The Incredible Hulk" (all for the better, in my opinion).
Last edited by Jayman on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#25 Post by anakin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Very excited about this! Shame I can't bear Scarlet Johanson. Ick.
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

hotlondon

#26 Post by hotlondon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Jayman wrote:
hotlondon wrote:"We have a hulk". Seriously, what's the hulk's weak point? Nothing, except maybe dumbness. Point to Marvel, stop changing the actor for the HULK. Edward Norton was the best! p*y him what he wants in order to maintain continuity for Eric Banner.
Ahem, it's Bruce Banner. ;) Eric Bana played him in Ang Lee's version.
BTW, I think they tossed Ed Norton because he doesn't play well with other actors, writers and directors & occasionally attempts to hijack productions. I think he did so with "The Incredible Hulk" (all for the better, in my opinion).

Fixed the school boy error about Eric Bana. Can't believe I made a typo like that! Eric, Bruce, David. They have all had some involvement.
Fair enough about Eddie Norton. He can't think he's too big. That's just rude.

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

#27 Post by canadian_turtle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Jayman wrote:I hope Whedon delivers the goods. He hasn't had a single box office hit so if he fails with this, his career will be officially over.
I'm loving the visuals so far but hating the corny dialogue.

Only time will tell.
I doubt that. He always has TV to fall back on and his loyal fanbase that follows him everywhere, even if it leads to a show such as Dollhouse. He also has a remake of Much Ado About Nothing in the works with Whedon regulars (Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, Fran Kranz, Alexis Denisof, etc). which looks really intriguing: http://muchadothemovie.com/

Jayman wrote:
canadian_turtle wrote:
"Captain America" and "Thor" were just OK (imho), and "Iron Man 2" was the absolute pits.
"Iron Man 1" and "The Incredible Hulk" were both fantastic.
I actually really liked Captain America and have seen the first 20 mins or so of Iron Man and it bored me to tears.

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road

stuartboy
Se7en
Se7en

#28 Post by stuartboy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:24 pm

I believe this is being retitled Marvel Avengers Assemble for the UK, not just Avengers Assemble, and the reason is to avoid confusion with The Avengers/New Avengers from TV.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/avengers-get ... title.html

I don't understand how this is felt to be necessary when there seem to be plenty of totally different ie. not remake films - of the same name.

Crash and Crash spring immediately to mind.
Anyone think of any others?
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 20 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2016" club. 93 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 132 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 125 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 120 different films seen

Cineworld Unlimited is cheating! ;-)

Sometimes I sits and thinks....and sometimes I just sits.

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#29 Post by Jayman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:25 pm

"Project X" ? There are tons of remakes out there with the same names.
ImageImage

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#30 Post by canadian_turtle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 pm

stuartboy wrote:I believe this is being retitled Marvel Avengers Assemble for the UK, not just Avengers Assemble, and the reason is to avoid confusion with The Avengers/New Avengers from TV.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/avengers-get ... title.html

I don't understand how this is felt to be necessary when there seem to be plenty of totally different ie. not remake films - of the same name.

Crash and Crash spring immediately to mind.
Anyone think of any others?
Footloose, Fame, Ocean's 11, Arthur, The Italian Job, Clash Of The Titans, The Karate Kid, etc., though those are all remakes.