First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Discuss movies (including free films)
Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: First Day of the Rest of your Life

#11 Post by Beate » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Don't know - they probably thought it was more user friendly as you only have to tick a few boxes and be done.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

pcRock
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Croydon

#12 Post by pcRock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 pm

I nearly didn't go and see this film today. Had such a headache. However, there were so many people on the picadilly line that I preferred to step out and go to the cinema. And I must say, I'm glad I did. I was expecting something different, and was positively surprised.

It was just a pity that sometimes I couldn't read the subtitles because they were white and the background was too bright. :noo:

Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 8 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 18 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 30 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 24 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 43 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 54 seen

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#13 Post by anakin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 am

Saw this at West End Vue last night and was really impressed (not by the cinema though...).

A really interesting film, nice concept of the 5 days but would agree that the subtitles in place were not readable.

Would happily recommend it to others and may well b*y it one day!
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

M&M

#14 Post by M&M » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 pm

I was very impressed with this film, it completely exceeded my expectations and I would definitely recommend that people to see it. My only complaint is the white subtitle issue already mentioned :D.

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

First Day of the Rest of Your Life

#15 Post by AYBG » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:32 am

To see a trailer or rate this film, please click here »

Says Beate:
I thought this was a lovely film, 5 scenes in the life of a family, each one concentrating on one of them but showing the progress of the others too. Believable family life, it was interesting to see the kids grow up, especially the second son looked miles better at the end than when he was "Magic Fingers"! The only thing I was a bit annoyed about was that the subtitles were in white and often enough you had a very bright background so couldn't read the subtitles! 8/10
Read more reviews/add your own
http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1677
Top 50 Poster!

Ms Thrifty

#16 Post by Ms Thrifty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 pm

I saw the trailer for this today and it looked good. I know foreign language films rarely receive previews (though it's not unknown, c.f. Sin Nombre), but I hope at least that the fact that it is now being trailed means the film will be released soon.

Ms Thrifty

#17 Post by Ms Thrifty » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 am

Having checked IMDB, I can answer my own question: UK release date is 20 November, so not long to wait now!

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#18 Post by anakin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 am

Ms Thrifty wrote:Having checked IMDB, I can answer my own question: UK release date is 20 November, so not long to wait now!
A really good one to see, Ms T! Might go and see it again actually.
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#19 Post by superhero » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 am

Maybe they've fixed the white subtitles probably for these previews next week

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#20 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Everyone seems to have enjoyed this film. Look forward to seeing it after grabbing a pair of tickets for a screening at the Apollo in Piccadilly Circus. I thought I knew and been to all of the cinemas in West End but never heard of this one. Was it a theatre before because I recall an Apollo theatre?
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Hey drop that choc chip Brownie...
I said drop the brownie...now! Good, now drop by the Weight Watchers thread
and have fun getting healthier and fitter :D